Got my V. And of course got questions.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By neuronbob
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Got my V. And of course got questions. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Front license plate mount: Is the only option for a tow hook license plate mount D3's? Does anyone else make ...
    allinmyhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Got my V. And of course got questions.

Front license plate mount: Is the only option for a tow hook license plate mount D3's? Does anyone else make one?

Starting: Is it normal that it takes a few times to turn over before it starts? I'm used to turning the key and instantly having the engine start, but mine seems to take a few turns before it catches. Car was sitting on the lot for a few months, so curious if the battery isn't healthy.

Observations as the new guy:

1. Bluetooth interface is a little weird. Having voice command only without an address book display on the NAV is a little odd for me. I don't enjoy voice commands and would rather have an address book.

2. Quite a bit of drone at certain speeds with of the stock exhaust (automatic).

3. Center stack creaking during cornering. Do not like.

4. I've had PS2s on a previous BMW, so I don't think it's entirely down to tires, the amount of grip out of this chassis feels amazing. Ride / handling balance is absolutely brilliant.

5. Haven't opened it up since so new, but like the pedal travel. I'm constantly disappointed by euro drive by wire systems where all of the throttle is in the first 1/4" of pedal travel and then the rest is fake. E.g. going from 1/4 throttle to full throttle produces no increase in acceleration, but going from 0 to 1/4 throws your head back. The V feels much more linear.

6. Sunroof creaking doesn't bother me. My wife's Q7 with pano roof creaks much much more.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

airtroop01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black CTS-V Sedan

Re: Got my V. And of course got questions.

Re: Starting - mine, I barely turn the key and flip it over and its starting.
    So, something is definitely up if you have to crank it before it fires up.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Look up RHO for a front plate frame. I have that for my inspections. Same toe hook setup...

----------

Nevermind. Here you go...

http://www.rhoplate.com/

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I second the RHO plate, which I also have. I haven't had to use it yet, but it's insurance as I'm sure I'll be pulled over for no front plate eventually....
    Houdini and Houdini like this.

allinmyhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I've noticed that the RHO plate gets a bad rap on other forums that it loosens up and needs attention monthly?

I have not had mine on for more than a few days, so I couldn't say...

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Most of us here use it only occasionally so we can't say for sure. I know I can't.

Dogbreath is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by allinmyhead View Post
    Front license plate mount: Is the only option for a tow hook license plate mount D3's? Does anyone else make one?

Starting: Is it normal that it takes a few times to turn over before it starts? I'm used to turning the key and instantly having the engine start, but mine seems to take a few turns before it catches. Car was sitting on the lot for a few months, so curious if the battery isn't healthy.

Observations as the new guy:

1. Bluetooth interface is a little weird. Having voice command only without an address book display on the NAV is a little odd for me. I don't enjoy voice commands and would rather have an address book.

2. Quite a bit of drone at certain speeds with of the stock exhaust (automatic).

3. Center stack creaking during cornering. Do not like.

4. I've had PS2s on a previous BMW, so I don't think it's entirely down to tires, the amount of grip out of this chassis feels amazing. Ride / handling balance is absolutely brilliant.

5. Haven't opened it up since so new, but like the pedal travel. I'm constantly disappointed by euro drive by wire systems where all of the throttle is in the first 1/4" of pedal travel and then the rest is fake. E.g. going from 1/4 throttle to full throttle produces no increase in acceleration, but going from 0 to 1/4 throws your head back. The V feels much more linear.

6. Sunroof creaking doesn't bother me. My wife's Q7 with pano roof creaks much much more.
    #1 Agreed. The aftermarket JVC headunit that I have in my MR2 cost $165 and has waaay more Bluetooth features than the V does.
    #2 Agreed. Turn up the stereo.
    #5 I am constantly surprised at how far you have to push the go pedal to get response. Some of it has to do with tranny programming for MPG. Some of it has to do with throttle programming for MPG. Seems like since it already has double the gas guzzler tax, it could have been set up to be a lot more responsive.
    #6 My sunroof is dead quiet, my Recarros don't rock and my SC doesn't rattle. Maybe mine is a flook.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I get zero noise from my exhaust, and can talk normal volume on the highway w/o the radio on. I made my own license plate holder for about $12 with a long metric bolt and an old license plate holder. It looks just great too. Get a good battery charger and charge it up properly, then do a charging check to see if the battery might not be going.

Tampa2Dubai is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Sedan

Damn .. i wish i'd known about that RHO plate, i just bought D3's at over twice the price!

You do get a tow hook. Hopefully, I'll never need one...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.