new owner; few questions...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, new owner; few questions... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hello, I'm a new owner of a Black 2009 CTS-V Sedan with a little over 14,000 miles. I've been trolling ...
    airtroop01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black CTS-V Sedan

new owner; few questions...

Hello,
    I'm a new owner of a Black 2009 CTS-V Sedan with a little over 14,000 miles.
    I've been trolling the message board for about a month before making
    the switch from Ford vehicles and purchasing this car.
    It's quite an amazing car...

With that said, I've been looking for answers on the following:

1. Is there any way to add a rear camera to the factory Nav system?
    2. Are the stock Michelin tires the best to run on here?/Any good leads on tires?
    3. Is there a weather feature for the XM or not? tried to register that the other day and
    the guy on the phone thought it was not an option for our Nav/radio setup?
    4. Besides the change all your fluids sticky (which I will take to heart), is there any other maintenance I should do sooner than later?

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

roarkb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2007 Escalade ESV, 2009 Mercedes C63

Re: new owner; few questions...

I can add my sentiments on a couple of these....

I like the Michelins best, but the Hankooks are a really good substitute at considerably less money.

The weather feature is on there, but in my opinion is not worth the cost for what you get, save your money!

Quote Originally Posted by airtroop01 View Post
    Hello,
    I'm a new owner of a Black 2009 CTS-V Sedan with a little over 14,000 miles.
    I've been trolling the message board for about a month before making
    the switch from Ford vehicles and purchasing this car.
    It's quite an amazing car...

2. Are the stock Michelin tires the best to run on here?/Any good leads on tires?
    3. Is there a weather feature for the XM or not? tried to register that the other day and
    4. Besides the change all your fluids sticky (which I will take to heart), is there any other maintenance I should do sooner than later?

Thanks in advance!

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

My answers in bold

Quote Originally Posted by airtroop01 View Post

Yes, there are several methods: 1) buy 2011+ rear valence with camera built in and wire to nav system, 2) Aftermarket camera wired to nav, 3) replace rearview mirror with aftermarket mirror with camera wired to that--none of these are cheap

You'll have to do a search on this as there are multiple tire threads. I like my PS2s enough that I have a spare set, but there are other excellent options

XM call centers suck. YES, we have weather available as part of our traffic package...offers local report and 3-day forecast. Also pops up severe weather alerts when needed. Call back to get another operator more knowledgeable.

My car has been pretty bulletproof just on that advice, and regular oil changes. I'm just short of 36k in my 2009, purchased new.

Thanks in advance!

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

1) you cannot add a camera to the factory system at this time
    2) Michelin's are still the best overall performing tire for the car. If you want longer lasting there are plenty of other choices. If you want better performing there may be better choices too but you will get less tire life. Depends on what you are after. Plenty of threads on this subject.
    3) XM Weather is part of the traffic package but like the previous poster said it is not worth the investment. Delivery ofweather information is slow in coming and often does not load properly on our radios.
    4) Change your fliuds and drive it.

(Oops. Neuron beat me with the answers by one minute.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

In addition, if you didn't already you may want to pull a service report from the dealer to see if the recalls have been done...particularly the one for the rear suspension links. Folks are split on the one that requires cutting metal behind the glovebox but don't fool with the other. Make sure that was done for sure. There are other quirks that some can live with and others can't. If you've been reading then you know what I mean. Enjoy the car!

Thanks for the info!

Enjoying the car and already thinking about cold air intake kits and pulley upgrades...

I guess a trip to the GM dealer is in order to check up on the recalls.

I'm willing to spend a little money to get a factory style backup camera option.
    But, if it's cost prohibitive, then I'll skip it.
    If I just need to order a 2011/2012 valance with camera and it will plug and play, cool...
    But, then the Nav system would need to recognize the camera.
    I'm guessing it is not as simple as getting a 2012 map disk...

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

^^^
    Actually, it is as simple as getting a 2011 disc. The hardest part is the wiring and replacing the rear valence. I suck at all this, which is why I haven't done it.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ra-2008-a.html

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Congratulations on your new V, airtroop01! I'm happy to see so many community members chimed in with their opinions, and if you have any questions on your new V that you'd like me to research, don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com anytime.

Trapspeed is correct -- your dealer should be able to access your vehicle's history for you. Glad that you're headed there for a resolution, and please keep us posted if you have follow-up questions!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    ^^^
    Actually, it is as simple as getting a 2011 disc. The hardest part is the wiring and replacing the rear valence. I suck at all this, which is why I haven't done it.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ra-2008-a.html
    those directions are pretty good! - Should take the longest to pull things up and out to route the wiring.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.