Guys, I need help, Please convince me not to get a V... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Guys, I need help, Please convince me not to get a V... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; See picture no comment necessary. Track day.jpg...
    lewster01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: Guys, I need help, Please convince me not to get a V...

See picture no comment necessary.
    Track day.jpg

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Well, instead of paying the low 70s for one, maybe the low 50s works better for the side of your mind holding you back. Take the 20K you save and make it fastest V on the planet

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...66762155&Log=0

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal_V View Post
    Horrible gas mileage, average fit/finish, squeaks/rattles/noises out of place in a $70k car, and potential wheel/sunroof problems and build quality issues

vs

endless intoxicating power, a well sorted suspension that's comfortable and sporty, unique fastest American made sedan on the planet, fun to drive

Only you can decide what's important and worth it. For me, it's worth it. Some of my friends think I'm insane for the reasons listed above. Screw 'em.
    I'd add something unique but I don't think I can add anything that says it better than this. And for me, the positives outweigh the negatives by, as James May said as he was driving his CTS-V through a twisty mountain pass, a distance as great as this road. Put simply, I am happy every single time - without exception - that I get into my V wagon. To me, that is simply worth the price of admission.

Or to quote James May again, "This is the greatest American car I have ever driven".

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

You can always send it to us to twin turbo and keep up with the stock V's...and still get 25-28 mpg. Or for less, install our super charger system for around 400 whp for a fraction the price of a V.

halonut is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Nothing says "I don't give a flock what gas costs" like a V!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Ain't that the truth...

rozkopeeko1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

brova"s i am new to the forum and i am struggling as well ,I brought a 2011 Grand Sport bl on bl on bl vert and pretty much getting a good price from dealer towards a trade on a 2012 CTS-V Thunder Gray with everything except recaro's and ac seats.... HELPPPPPPPPPPPP ...... Its sitting on show room floor waiting for me to sign the paperwork ??????????

Blk N Blwn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe

Hi guys, new to the site and had to read this thread. I pick up my (actually i bought this for the wife) new 2012 CTS V Coupe on Saturday. Black Diamond Tricoat with Black Satin wheels and yellow calipers. Got an automatic since I already have a supercharged Challenger SRT with an M6.

Have not even driven a V so the anticipation of picking the car up in a couple of days is painful.

Looking forward to some good info from this forum.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Blk N Blwn View Post
    Hi guys, new to the site and had to read this thread. I pick up my (actually i bought this for the wife) new 2012 CTS V Coupe on Saturday. Black Diamond Tricoat with Black Satin wheels and yellow calipers. Got an automatic since I already have a supercharged Challenger SRT with an M6.

Have not even driven a V so the anticipation of picking the car up in a couple of days is painful.

Looking forward to some good info from this forum.
    You have no clue what you're in for...

bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Anyone remember the old commercial "When you turn your car on...does it return the favor" or something like that.

This is the first car I have ever owned, that I still get a thrill when driving it. I have had it now 2 1/2 years and will keep it without thinking twice. (Well except maybe for a Black Coupe with the M6)

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondWhtV View Post
    Anyone remember the old commercial "When you turn your car on...does it return the favor" or something like that.

This is the first car I have ever owned, that I still get a thrill when driving it. I have had it now 2 1/2 years and will keep it without thinking twice. (Well except maybe for a Black Coupe with the M6)
    Absolutely, my "V" is an extension of my eyes, feet and hands. That sums it up.

Jud
    Jud

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

For the "non-initiated" the V can be pretty intimidating!!!!

rozkopeeko1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

helllooooooo no input ???? i signed the paperwork but left the car at dealership...... gonna sleep one more night with my Grandsport .................. any word on when the c-7 is dropping .. trying to avoid getting the shaft on my c-6 .....????

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

And here's the Money Maker of the day:

2011, Black Raven, 621 miles on it, $56500...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...04859903&Log=0

undertaker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Black Diamond Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by rozkopeeko1 View Post
    helllooooooo no input ???? i signed the paperwork but left the car at dealership...... gonna sleep one more night with my Grandsport .................. any word on when the c-7 is dropping .. trying to avoid getting the shaft on my c-6 .....????
    Well, I had thought of a 4th vette since 03, but since I still have 2 of them, and a grand sport vert was going to be 80 by the time I was done (3Lt and options) and the caddy was almost 10K less and a world apart, I called my buddies with a shop that works on vettes, and a handful of CTSV's. And asked if you were buying something right now would it be a vette or a CTS? Every guy at the shop said that it would be a caddy. Guess the fact that I have a 427 C5R C5 in the garage swayed my decision quite a bit, but honestly I love the caddy. A bunch of my vette buddies have either added them to their garage or replaced their vettes and all of them say over and over again what a great car it is, until you look at the gas gauge. Of course a vette driven properly (hard) is mid teens, a CTS V 12-13 so it is what it is.

Obviously your situation is worse since you'd be taking a hit on your vette and mine was a simple which car to buy choice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.