passenger side a/c seat and temp (up/dwn) won't work.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By mrichards
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, passenger side a/c seat and temp (up/dwn) won't work. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; i tried locating the fuse that would be the culprit in the owners manual but to no avail. i was ...
    Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

passenger side a/c seat and temp (up/dwn) won't work.

i tried locating the fuse that would be the culprit in the owners manual but to no avail.
    i was hoping a tech or anyone having the same issue could chime in. any help in the
    right direction would be appreciated. to clarify the heated seat works, as well as the up
    temp button.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Thrill6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V Sedan, 07 Corvette Convertible

Re: passenger side a/c seat and temp (up/dwn) won't work.

I've had the center piece out and its really an electronic part. There are circuit boards on it and they are all interconnected with each other. There is only one connector between it and the rest of the car. I would guess that you need to replace it and hopefully you are still under warranty because it's a pretty expensive part.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

thanks, it's still covered, i just wanted to make sure that it was something i couldn't tackle myself before
    i let the stealership get their grimey paws on it. mucho gracias.

mrichards is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

My vented seats worked, but heated portion would not....dealer ended up hosing the bluetooth antenna in the process of fixing the seats. Ended up being the seat controller. Took Chumpion...er um Champion Cadillac a week to get the part and program it properly. So before you leave, check everything out!!!
    Stillborn and Stillborn like this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Stillborn, I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations! I'm not a technician, but if you still have lingering concerns after taking it to a dealership for service I'm always happy to assist. (And if you don't have a dealership you regularly use, I'm happy to help locate one on your behalf.) Please keep us posted on your progress!

mrichards, I can completely appreciate your frustration in that instance and appreciate you sharing that with us. Sorry you experienced that with your V! Is everything alright with your Bluetooth and heated seats now?

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.