HoustonMile "V" Gathering - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, HoustonMile "V" Gathering in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Nice Meeting everyone at the race! Great time & great people!!! Weather turned out nice, maybe a little hot, but ...
    V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Re: HoustonMile "V" Gathering

Nice Meeting everyone at the race! Great time & great people!!!

Weather turned out nice, maybe a little hot, but nice. The Huey fly overs were kind of a trip?

We had camera f**kuptis on every level, so limited footage, but we'll try to get something up.

The V's ran from the 130s to the 150s. Tops was the same Ford GT at TexasMile, 210mph. Mike's stock car not far behind.

BTW, Mike... That Nascar of yours sounds absolutely WICKED!

A Big Thanks to Mark (secret weapon) and his posy for all the food & hospitality too!

Here's Mirabella's run, 149 mph...

Smokin_Cache is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

For those I didn't meet this time I will see you next time. Thank you Mark for all the hospitality! I was a great time. V Locity Thanks for wrangling it all together and for the camera!

Here is the only video I got of the day. My first run a 137.3

Smokin_Cache is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Mark this looks like you, but it doesn't look or sound like you smoked the tires to me.

^^^ Had to be Mark. He was the only silver streaker there.

SecretWeapon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Sedan, M6, Silver/Ebony

Hi guys. Yes, this is me on my very first run ever. My first run was 136mph. I couldn't find 5th gear so I panicked, put it in neutral and coasted the last 150 yards. My next run I nailed it through all 5 gears and it felt really really fast. Unfortunately, the timer did not work and I got a no time on my slip. I kept missing gears until my final run of the day. I was hot, the weather was hot the car was hot and I still got a 148.6. Close enough to my goal of 150 to make me very very happy. I had my new clutch installed and picked up the car on Thursday morning, drove it down to G force on Thursday afternoon for a tune, got a little time with the new clutch on Friday and then raced on Saturday. One thing that I noticed is that my shifter is a lot stiffer than it was before the clutch install. I guess they tightened up the linkage to the trans. I think this added to my shifting ****ups, but then again I was nervous and excited and the sensory overload was definitely a factor. This is the information that I got on the orange Lambo that was behind me taking the video. the owners name is Joe and he was a totally first class guy.

It's a 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder. 520bhp stock, AWD, E-gear (electronic clutch paddle shifter, so it can shift without lifting the accelerator and the car handles engaging and disengaging the clutch). The only modifications are a carbon fiber sport exhaust, carbon fiber air boxes and dual exhaust tips all by Fabspeed (www.fabspeed.com), those add maybe 40whp at the high end of the rpm range but not really a significant performance gain.

I ran 139.7mph in the 1/2 mile using launch control (electronic stability control off, the car revs to 4 or 5k rpms and then dumps the clutch), and my other two runs were 134.5 and 134.6.

More Video & Pics...

Smokin_Cache run & "taxi" back to line...

Pit Row Fun in the Cadillac Corals!
    DSC02028 (Large).JPG

DSC02026 (Large).JPG

DSC02027 (Large).JPG

DSC02029a (Large).jpg

Smokin Cache Wondering how that cop is gonna catch him
    Attachment 92093

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.