HoustonMile "V" Gathering - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, HoustonMile "V" Gathering in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Email sent. I'll be there running my 2011 sedan. Looking forward to meeting everyone!...
    transam79 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2011 Sedan

Re: HoustonMile "V" Gathering

Email sent. I'll be there running my 2011 sedan. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

See you there TransAm!

So far:
    Secret Weapon, Running
    V locity, Spectator
    JayC'sV, Spectator
    Smokin_Cache, Running
    bzabodyn, Spec
    TXAG2004, Spec
    deadringer, Running
    Mirabella, Running
    mwilkes, maybe, Spec/Run?
    RabbitCTSV, maybe, Spec/Run?
    ChasJr, Running
    Closer_2001, Spec
    JewstV, Run/Spec?
    Transam79, Running

So far:
    Secret Weapon, Running
    V locity, Spectator
    JayC'sV, Spectator
    Smokin_Cache, Running
    bzabodyn, Spec
    TXAG2004, Spec
    deadringer, Running
    Mirabella, Running
    mwilkes, maybe, Spec/Run?
    RabbitCTSV, will be there, spec not going to run
    ChasJr, Running
    Closer_2001, Spec
    JewstV, Run/Spec?
    Transam79, Running

Just got the kids to bed after quite the day.

Here's the deal. Anyone that is going to be running & anyone that wants to have 100% chance to park in the pits, needs to be there @ 6am(ish) on Saturday. I believe Dave at Hennessey told me that we all can get in at that time as they will have control of the gate to let the racers in. He said they will let the rest of us in too. I'll follow up one more time about the exact time they hand the gate back to the airport police, but I think it was 6:15 or 6:30am. Once they hand the gate over, it closes. At that point, the only way to get your car in, is to bring it into the car show. The car show is on the other runway, so you'll have to walk over to pit row if you leave your car there. He did mention that the EXIT for the car show goes past the pits. So there would be "a chance" that you could join the gang, with car in hand, by entering at a later time as a show participant, then "exiting early" just to detour into pit row. Third choice is just to park in normal parking as a show spectator, walk in, and walk on over for a little smack talk...

So... Three options:

1. Get there @ 6-630ish to a sure shot with your car on pit row. (exact gate close time to follow)
    2. Come later with the crowd & have a "maybe" with you car on pit row, but a walk over for sure.
    3. Come later & park outside, walk in and join us.

Since I will be bringing my V rather than my Denali, transport space is short. I'll bring a couple of chairs & a cooler with drinks & Ice. Secret is hookin us up on many items; he will set up a couple of 10x10 tents for shade & also have a generator and compressor there plus some tools, fans, cooler full of drinks for everyone and some other junk. Bring a chair or two to rest your dogs in between races. I would encourage all to join us, even if it's just you and nothing else. We'd really enjoy shootin the shot at the event. Should be a good time!

Confirmed... 6:30 am is when the gates for the racers & pits close.

I will have the Motorsport GoPro & a 50x 1080p Sony with tripod. Smokin Cache will be bringing another Motorsport GoPro too!

So we'll volunteer the cameras for y'alls run, just bring a thumb drive if you want to take it with you. Otherwise, I'll bring the SDs I have & the laptop. We should be able to download the footage off the cards & burn DVDs or just upload it to youtube. Once the Footage is all in, we can make some cool stuff from it too.

Either way, it's forming up to be a great time!

BTW, Thanks in advance to Mark (Secret Weapon) for everything he is contributing to the event. He was talking catered affair if it weren't such a drag to get past the gates. Hats off to Mark!

Smokin_Cache is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I will also have the 7D to try to get some nice snapshots during the early light. I am going to try to go thru tech Friday so I can take pics early on Saturday before the sun gets to high. The thumb drives will come in handy for any pics you may want. I will give to you in jpg tif or canon raw your pick.

I am awaiting delivery of a trailer that I have been told there will be know issues getting the V onand secured. I will find out Thursdays evening. I learded the hard way never count on the car you are running to get you home after the race. You might get disappointed! If mine is driving away it may be available for those who may have issues.

Holding breath for a dry day. Lips blue already

SecretWeapon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Sedan, M6, Silver/Ebony

I have been watching the weather forecast daily for the last week and it is all over the place. One day sunny and the next day rainy. I really think they are just guessing. Will have to wait and see.

BLEWBYUWIT6.2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v 2003 TOWN CAR

i will be there spectating......but not sure if im bringin the V or my lowrider for the carshow

Those that are running check your email. New tech sheets and gear forms were sent out yesterday I think. If your like me I only check my personal email about once every two weeks. Lucky I checked today.

SecretWeapon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Sedan, M6, Silver/Ebony

The boys at Gearhead Flicks have a link to prepay for them to video your car and your runs. You can also pay at the event if you wish. Options are nice.
    www.gearheadflicks.com

How many of you went thru tech today? It was nice meeting you Mike.

TXAG2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon
    My V did not arrive this week as expected. Went by the dealer today..."hopefully by the middle of the week". How is it you can track an envelope across the globe but they cant track a car from MI to TX? I was hoping to show up early tomorrow. I'll swing by and meet everybody once yall are set up.

Event is on... about 1/2 the cars are there now, and the rain has just stopped. Should be a decent day...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.