HoustonMile "V" Gathering - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, HoustonMile "V" Gathering in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Just called the number on the Houstonmile website and the guys is looks for a bracket for two of us. ...
    Smokin_Cache is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: HoustonMile "V" Gathering

Just called the number on the Houstonmile website and the guys is looks for a bracket for two of us. He is supposed to call me back. If he can't find anything I will draw up the bracket tonight and post it. There are still spots open to run. Oh I looked at the headrest idea. I am not so sure about that with Recaros. I need to look a little closer but the V at the bottom of the rest is pretty difined.

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Been talken via email with Hennessey about that. The impression they are giving is either way, it's going to require a "bracket" securely mounted to something, to pass their inspection.

Mirabella sounds like you were the other V he was looking at a solution for. Sounds like he is going to get it figured out.

----------

Same impression I got.

So far:
    Secret Weapon, Running
    V locity, Spectator for now?
    JayC'sV, Spectator
    Smokin_Cache, Running
    bzabodyn, Spec
    TXAG2004, Spec
    deadringer, Running
    Mirabella, Running
    SecretWeapon and SecretWeapon like this.

bzabodyn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 Black Raven Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin_Cache View Post
    I think I have figured a way to mount an extinguisher in the rear passenger floor board using the front seat mounting bolts. I am going to try to take the V by the machine/fab shop next week and see what we can finalize. The requirements would be; seat must be able to travel to full aft position and extinguisher must be able to be access from driver seat by me with belt tight. I had no problem reaching any of the rear passenger floor last night. The passenger seat was just aft of its travel midpoint. bzabodyn would you be interested in this mount setup also?

Smokin
    Yes, I would be very interested in this setup. I might end up doing something more permanent in the future, but this would be perfect for now... Shoot me an email - bzabodyn AT hotmail.com - when you have more info...

Mirabella is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I sure hope so. I spoke to John Hennessey late in the afternoon. He already knew I was working with two of his guys- Mike- a newer member of his team- but is very responsive and his manager Tico??(Not sure about his spelling)
    Either way- feel free to send me a note if you guys are looking or needing one and please keep me in the loop if someone figures it out before I do. BTW- I did sign up for the race.

SecretWeapon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Sedan, M6, Silver/Ebony

Looks like things are warming up nicely for May 12th. This is going to be a fun time for sure. V locity, thanks for stepping up and organizing this gig.

Got an update from Mike at Hennessey he is still plucking away at a bracket. He said he has sent pics to the manufacturer to ensure the bracket will work. Still haven't found time to draw anything.

Smokin

Smokin are you talking with Mike Paulk? That is who I am speaking with. He did not really have any update for me/us when I spoke with him around 1:30.
    Guys here is my email. Smokin and Secret Weapon would you email when you can. I cannot figure out the PM thing. Secret Weapon we live near each other and would love to connect when possible. Smokin- let's communicate on the bracket.
    mike.mirabella@eqd.com
    Thanks

That is who I am talking to. The V and I left this morning on an 11hr drive to north AR so I will shoot some emails when I get there. Wish I had time to take hwy 7 up in the Ozarks! What a blast that would be.

Safe travels. Talk soon.

So far:
    Secret Weapon, Running
    V locity, Spectator for now?
    JayC'sV, Spectator
    Smokin_Cache, Running
    bzabodyn, Spec
    TXAG2004, Spec
    deadringer, Running
    Mirabella, Running
    mwilkes, maybe, Spec/Run?
    RabbitCTSV, maybe, Spec/Run?
    ChasJr, Running
    Mike TexaSS, Running

For those looking for a fire extinguisher bracket for the upcoming race (or whatever) Mike at Hennessey said that Brey Krause thinks their universal mount will fit behind the passenger seat. If you go to OG Racing web site and go under Car. Then Fire Suppression. Then page three you will see it. It is model R-9540. I ordered it and thought I would give it a try. A bit over kill- but what the hell. I will see how it works. Brian at OG said he would take it back if not. I will keep you guys updated. If someone else found something that is easier/cheaper/better let me know.

Well my unexpected trip to AR has really put me behind. I don't think I have time to get things ready for the run. I will not be running if I can make it.

When I told my wonderful wife I had decided to not devote the time to getting ready. You would have thought I was telling her I would never again carry out the trash! I will call and buy my spot in the morning or Monday if they are not open on Sat. Going to order the Brey Krause tonight. I am sure it can be convinced it want to live behind the passenger seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin_Cache View Post
    Well my unexpected trip to AR has really put me behind. I don't think I have time to get things ready for the run. I will not be running if I can make it.

When I told my wonderful wife I had decided to not devote the time to getting ready. You would have thought I was telling her I would never again carry out the trash! I will call and buy my spot in the morning or Monday if they are not open on Sat. Going to order the Brey Krause tonight. I am sure it can be convinced it want to live behind the passenger seat.
    COOL WIFE!!! Bring her along!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.