air ventilation button display
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By thebigjimsho
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, air ventilation button display in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; When I put AC button on auto, neither recirc button or outside air button lite up. So I don't know ...
    ruby 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

air ventilation button display

When I put AC button on auto, neither recirc button or outside air button lite up. So I don't know if the air is coming from outside or recir. on my previously C6 vette, the button would stay lit so I knew if it was recir or not. Also the display showing air duct operation is blank unless I manually push button to reflect air up or down.. Is this normal on my CTS-V sedan?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Re: air ventilation button display

The empty screen seems normal. Mine does that too, unless I push something to change it. The recirc will be off, until you push it, unless maybe? during a summer auto-start. Lastly, what mode are you in? In Defrost it won't work, and goes off after 10 minutes. I still don't know it all after over a year!

When i press auto, I don't know what mode I am in because the recir and outside air button do not lite up or stay lit.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby 1
    When i press auto, I don't know what mode I am in because the recir and outside air button do not lite up or stay lit.
    I thought it was because it selects itself. So whenever you choose, its not in Auto...

The "AUTO" button should be lit up too.

Thrill6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V Sedan, 07 Corvette Convertible

When in "Auto" mode the default is outide air but it does not light up. When it switches over to recirc, the recirc light will come on and when it switches back to outside, again no lights on either button. I don't know if this a "bug" or a "feature".

Quote Originally Posted by Thrill6 View Post
    When in "Auto" mode the default is outide air but it does not light up. When it switches over to recirc, the recirc light will come on and when it switches back to outside, again no lights on either button. I don't know if this a "bug" or a "feature".
    You would think the outside air button would be lit when in use. Strange operating system.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Sorry to hear about the confusion, ruby 1! Have your AC questions been resolved? Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you have lingering questions or concerns.

Hope you were able to have a great weekend,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

I had to go out and check after reading this since I was becoming confused! All four of my buttons have lights on them, and are lit when they are activated. The only conflict is when AUTO is on, it won't RECIRC when cold like was said, it will just use outside air, and be lit.

Ok I checked again. When on auto the recirc lite will go on when in use. When not in recirc mode the lite goes out but the outside air button does not lite up. This seems strange to me. On my 2006 c6 vette when in auto, the mode in use will have the button lite up so I know if it is on recir or outside air mode. Just saying...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Good to know. Now, let's move on and not dwell on trivial things like the SRX guys do...
    baabootoo and baabootoo like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.