2011 CTSV problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2011 CTSV problem in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hello all. I am hoping I can get some assistance from you expert V owners. I own a 2011 CTSV ...
    Miller_v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V

2011 CTSV problem

Hello all. I am hoping I can get some assistance from you expert V owners. I own a 2011 CTSV Coupe. Just 12K miles on her.

No mods, everything is factory.

The car has been towed to the dealer 3 times now. Symptoms are, engine light comes on, traction control light comes on, vehicle sputters/wont go or goes very slowly and sometimes has trouble even starting.

Cadillac dealer changed spark plug wires, fuel pump and fuel pump control module all with no luck at fixing the problem.

Dealer says diagnostic is throwing codes 171 and 174.

Has anyone experienced something similiar or can someone give me some advice because the dealer is back to the drawing board?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

east coast ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 V Coupe Thunder/Ebony

Re: 2011 CTSV problem

Codes 171 & 174 get triggered from a lean condition. Could be a vacuum leak, a crack in the Intake manifold, MAF sensor or fuel problem. Good Luck.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Yeah, I've heard of something similar. However, being on the mobile site makes it hard to search. Hopefully, someone else can chime in...

UPDATE from dealer:

They are replacing the wiring harness that connects to the fuel pump, draining the fuel and adding 92 octane and replacing the fuel pump again. .

Well see what happens this time..

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thanks for the update, Miller_v! I am hoping that a wiring harness replacement will do the trick, but if you continue to have issues and the dealer is stumped, feel free to email me your name/VIN/dealership anytime (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) and I can research the issue further for you.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV Racing Marc View Post
    what octane were you running before they added 92?
    We always put in premium

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.