Potential new CTS-V owner with a few questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 4 Post By JFJr
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Potential new CTS-V owner with a few questions in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I am a relatively younger buyer (23) that was in a recent head on collision with a drunk driver. Long ...
    Veju is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Potential new CTS-V owner with a few questions

I am a relatively younger buyer (23) that was in a recent head on collision with a drunk driver. Long story short, I will be able to walk again in a month and I've been eyeing the CTS-V with my settlement money. I just had a few questions and Im open to any suggestions on buying one of these bad boys fully loaded.

A. Is the caddy dealership going to take me seriously without telling them upfront Ill be paying in cash
    B. Should I order one versus driving one of their inventories off the lot
    C. If you were in my situation and money wasnt an option, would you stay with the CTS-V or go with something else?

Thanks.

This is the color trim I have in mind for the record:

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Moneypenny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon (summer); 1999 Audi A4 Avant (winter)

Re: Potential new CTS-V owner with a few questions

In response to A: turn around and walk straight out the door of any dealership that doesn't take you seriously from the moment you walk in. Freeway Ford in Minnesota will never get my business because of how I was treated there (solely on how I looked [admittedly, I looked like a dirtbag at the time]) in 1994. OTOH, Morrie's Cadillac in Minnesota didn't bat an eye at my tats when I came in to talk about a V. And that's from whom I'm buying mine.

Unlike Lexus, Infiniti, etc, who have captive audiences in most major markets, Cadillac will usually have several dealerships for you to choose between within reasonable distance. They can't afford to write anyone off because of their age or a perceived lack of seriousness in purchase.

Lastly, if you do have a negative experience, shout out loud about it here on the forums. Cadillac reps monitor the goings on here, so they should respond pretty quick.

The above is my $0.02, and mine alone.

----------

One other thing; make sure you leave some settlement money set aside for gas and insurance. You're aren't going to be the cheapest driver around.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Happy to hear your situation is improving. The fact you will walk again is cause enough for celebration! As for the above:

A- If they don't, leave immediately....but only after you show them what's in the briefcase they could've had.
    B- if they have one with dirt miles (less than 5-8) buying one readily available is better than ordering since you can drive it right home.
    C- Now...if money wasn't an object, would you really be looking at a V? Maybe but unlikely. I'm not ribbing you but if you have a bottomless checkbook I don't know GM is it. Maybe? Maybe not? That's a personal choice I guess. Lots of German/Italian "super coupes/sedans" out there! What's your flavor? For the money, in my worthless opinion the V can't be beat for the money. Period.

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

I agree with the other comments about dealerships taking you seriously. As for ordering vs. buying from inventory, if you want a particular configuration not currently in any dealer's inventory, be patient and order it. If money is no object, the "V" is still a very special car at any price. Take the money you'll save over a foreign "exotic" and invest it wisely. You'll be grateful that you did when you reach my age. Most of us are car guys that come from other high performance cars and love our "V's." That says it all.

Jud
    Jud

Veju is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    Happy to hear your situation is improving. The fact you will walk again is cause enough for celebration! As for the above:

A- If they don't, leave immediately....but only after you show them what's in the briefcase they could've had.
    B- if they have one with dirt miles (less than 5-8) buying one readily available is better than ordering since you can drive it right home.
    C- Now...if money wasn't an object, would you really be looking at a V? Maybe but unlikely. I'm not ribbing you but if you have a bottomless checkbook I don't know GM is it. Maybe? Maybe not? That's a personal choice I guess. Lots of German/Italian "super coupes/sedans" out there! What's your flavor? For the money, in my worthless opinion the V can't be beat for the money. Period.
    Money is no object, but i would like some cash left over to purchase a house and have a savings. Id also like to stick to an American made car. Just doing my part

330toSRT8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Quote Originally Posted by Veju

Money is no object, but i would like some cash left over to purchase a house and have a savings. Id also like to stick to an American made car. Just doing my part
    Actually, it sounds like money is an object otherwise you could get a Panamera Turbo S (or Mercedes S65) and still have money for the $10M mansion in Malibu. In any case, the CTS-V is impressive and there are several multi millionaire celebrities driving them. Maybe you want to look at the Hennessy Vs.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    I agree with the other comments about dealerships taking you seriously. As for ordering vs. buying from inventory, if you want a particular configuration not currently in any dealer's inventory, be patient and order it. If money is no object, the "V" is still a very special car at any price. Take the money you'll save over a foreign "exotic" and invest it wisely. You'll be grateful that you did when you reach my age. Most of us are car guys that come from other high performance cars and love our "V's." That says it all.

Jud
    This man offers sage advice, particularly the bolded part. Definitely listen to it.

cts-v-ette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Money is an object or you wouldnt be worried about having some left over to buy a house and savings. Invest while your young is the best advise.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Whatever you do, here's to hoping for a full recovery for you!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Veju, I am very happy to see you're recovering and should be able to walk again soon! As you've noticed already, this forum has many extremely helpful members with great feedback. I agree that a quality dealership should be delighted to work with you, and if you need any help locating dealers, http://www.cadillac.com/tools/dealerlocator/search.do does all the work for you.

As Moneypenny mentioned, please don't hesitate to contact me anytime via email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) and I'm happy to assist if you have concerns or questions about your future ride.

All the best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Captain McFunk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 DW CTS-V Sedan

So i'm 23 as well, and I just purchased a used CTS-V as my first big purchase after stepping up in the corporate world to a 6 figure job. I will say that I am small for my age (5' 11') and have a baby-face. The dealership I went into took me completely serious. They found me a car out of state, I paid them $500 as a holder, and they brought it right in, wrote up the papers, and I was gone. If they don't take you seriously, walk out. I'd always make sure to let them know though, just so they know they can't treat people like that. I work in sales, and work with guys that are twice my age all the time, sometimes I get looked down on, but sometimes people take me seriously. I always make sure to throw all my records/stats/awards in their faces. I can't stand snobby people who think that because you're young, you're getting stuff handed to you.

/rant off

Anyways, I would say hands down get the CTS-V. I've owned about 7 cars, all performance cars, all american made, from a GC SRT8, to the new Camaro SS, and now this. There is nothing that will beat this car. Nothing.

If money isn't an object, I say order one, but, you can save about 15-20k by buying a 1-year old low mileage car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.