Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Uneven Brake Pad Wear

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  baabootoo 
#1 ·
So I changed my front pads a couple weeks ago at ~34k miles before my last DE. I saved my old pads because they weren't quite done yet but I didn't really inspect them too closely until yesterday. I noticed that 3 pads were almost exactly the same thickness, but one pad is about 1/2 that (maybe 1-2mm less, I need to go back and get an actual number). I of course forgot to mark which pad came from where but I'm pretty sure the thinnest pad was the left inboard.

Could this pad be dragging? If so what could cause it? All the pistons retracted easily when I was installing new pads and the spring clip looks fine. Or could it be driving habits? I've had the left inboard pad wear really fast back when I had my 2000 STS (but that was floating calipers). I don't recall if this happened on my 04 V.

Next weekend I'll take the wheels off and measure my new pads to see if can detect a difference, but with only 120 track miles and 100 real miles I may not be able to see much of anything. If there is a diff, then I can prob slap the old pads back on and let the dealer figure out what's broken.

The car stops straight with no hands on the wheel and goes strait when coasting. And its been aligned every year.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.