Used V2 Prices...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Used V2 Prices... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So I've scowered the internet for a used V2 for several months... this warm weather almost played tricks on me ...
    rangerrob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V

Used V2 Prices...

So I've scowered the internet for a used V2 for several months... this warm weather almost played tricks on me to say yes after going to a dealership and seeing a used '11 black diamond sedan with 4k miles on it for 58k... but they wouldn't budge on price

I'm really torn between the coupe and sedan, I'd take a sedan in white diamond or black diamond, only the white diamond appeals to me on the coupe, for some reason I'd feel like I "settled" if i went with black diamond on the coupe... of course it has to have recaros, and at this point I'm impartial between auto and manual...

so i found the following:
    used '09 white diamond sedan, recaros manual with 16k miles for 49k
    used '10 white diamond sedan, recaros, auto with 24k miles for 48k
    used '11 black diamond coupe, recaros, manual with 13k miles for 56k
    used '11 white diamond couple, recaros, auto with 4k miles for 59k

... and I'm still in awe of the used '11 black diamond sedan (black wheels, yellow brakes) I went and looked at last week for 58k... that black diamond paint is mesmerizing, ahh, what to do!?!?!?!?!? Also, I'm very hesitant about buying a used car with over 20k miles on it and leaning towards an '11 for warranty purposes...

I can't help but wonder if these prices will fall again as soon as the 2013 MY V hits the lot??? when will that happen, June/July? should I wait? Any ideas/advice?

and of course... the more $ i save on the purchase goes directly to my mod list... thanks in advance

Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Too bad you don't want a higher mileage Black Raven '09. No mods required...

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Re: Used V2 Prices...

I've seen a few 2011s loaded sell for ~$53K. Pricing has come down. $49K for a 09 is ridiculous.

Captain McFunk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 DW CTS-V Sedan

I got my 09 with 30k miles for 46 about 2 months ago. a little on the high side, but it was in great condition. if you have a little extra money, i'd get the black diamond and call it a day. They'll always drop in price, it's a gimme in the used car game. Just don't buy new, WAYYY too expensive to save 20k by getting a slightly used one.

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

I don't get why people are still paying high $50's for a USED '11 V when you can jump into a brand new '12 (and soon a '13) for low $60's...

allinmyhead is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How are you getting into a 12 for low 60's when invoice for an optioned up car is 68 and change? What incentives are happening behind the scene right now that I'm not aware of?

Dealer I'm working with, car sitting on the lot for the last 4mo, end of month, soon to be end of year still won't budge under invoice.

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

I don't believe you can get into a new loaded car for low $60's. Mid 60's yes. Options are expensive on this car. Tri-coat paint is $1000, Recaros are $3400, wood trim is $600, roof, wheels etc. It adds up fast. MSRP on fully loaded cars is over $75,000. That said low mile '09's can be had for mid $40's for a nice well equipped car. Mid 50's for an '11. I have lived this by selling my '09 in December and buying a '12 in February. The price will continue to drop as time goes by and certainly as fall comes. The '13 will not hit the showroom until fall so if you are waiting for the model change it will be a while.

oneman42 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black, 6MT, no mods, LED int bulb swap

I would start with the Classified section, there is a 2009 and a 2011 on the first page.
    George

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Too bad you don't want a higher mileage Black Raven '09. No mods required...
    What are you getting into Jim ?

Dogbreath is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Buy used with a Certified warranty. Let somebody else take the depreciation hit.

Personally, I would never again own a black car. They are beautiful when clean and shiny, but I always found them to be too much work to keep them that way for anything other than a garage queen.

Quote Originally Posted by allinmyhead
    How are you getting into a 12 for low 60's when invoice for an optioned up car is 68 and change? What incentives are happening behind the scene right now that I'm not aware of?

Dealer I'm working with, car sitting on the lot for the last 4mo, end of month, soon to be end of year still won't budge under invoice.
    They are stubborn. And it will sit...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by rjoffe

What are you getting into Jim ?
    Nothing. The company I contract for was bought out and I'm keeping my options open. If someone buys my V, I may cruise around in something cheap and buy a Vagon in a year or so.

I may not sell at all and that may be OK. Not really sure. My '04 is in the process of being purchased, however...

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

^^^ - Good luck Jim! Hope you land in a good situation ...

Rob

Maxniman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Vette - Looking at CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by allinmyhead View Post

good question - I wonder if you will get an answer

V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

If you're looking @ autos, stay with 2011+. They have the revised programing in the tranny. You can find them out there for mid to low 50s if you look hard enough.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...66762155&Log=0

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRob
    ^^^ - Good luck Jim! Hope you land in a good situation ...

Rob
    Thanks Rob!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.