Going on my third V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By thebigjimsho
  • 2 Post By khoeysr
  • 2 Post By M5eater
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Going on my third V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Going up today to pick up a 2012 V Coupe. Crystal red with ebony interior, every option except polished wheels. ...
    khoeysr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 V Coupe Crystal Red/Ebony

Going on my third V

Going up today to pick up a 2012 V Coupe. Crystal red with ebony interior, every option except polished wheels. Auto transmission.

I am a sick individual. Started with 09 V sedan, crystal red with ebony. Put about 9000 miles on it, and traded it for 11 VCoupe, black with ebony/saffron. Trading that one with 11500 miles.

I never got over my preference for crystal red, so when I saw the dealer had one in stock when I took the 11 in for service, it was all over.

At least I got Rainsense wipers back, and picked up the blind spot alert.

Please pray for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Going on my third V

Outstanding! Thank you for being such a loyal Vfan, khoeysr! Let us know how you like your new ride, and please feel free to contact me anytime via private message if you have vehicle questions.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Captain McFunk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 DW CTS-V Sedan

That is commitment right there! Out of curiosity, did you get decent trade-in on your 11? and I didn't know rainsense went away? Is blind spot monitoring on the sedans?

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Crystal Red is the best - Congrats!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    You, hulkdaddy and M5eater should all get shots...
    hulksdaddy and hulksdaddy like this.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

You are definitely a sick, sick man. Not to mention a lucky one....

SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

Quote Originally Posted by khoeysr View Post
    Going up today to pick up a 2012 V Coupe. Crystal red with ebony interior, every option except polished wheels. Auto transmission.

I am a sick individual. Started with 09 V sedan, crystal red with ebony. Put about 9000 miles on it, and traded it for 11 VCoupe, black with ebony/saffron. Trading that one with 11500 miles.

I never got over my preference for crystal red, so when I saw the dealer had one in stock when I took the 11 in for service, it was all over.

At least I got Rainsense wipers back, and picked up the blind spot alert.

Please pray for me.
    How are you not losing your a$$ trading in so quickly? Depreciation hit after hit after hit...congrats though.

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V

I'd change the paint color weekly if I could. I know how you feel. I have black, but some weeks I want red or silver or blue...

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal_V View Post
    How are you not losing your a$$ trading in so quickly? Depreciation hit after hit after hit...congrats though.
    Absolutely I am getting nailed by depreciation. That's probably the sickest part. No doubt.

I won't be somebody who says "I got the greatest deal, I crushed them". But they gave the top trade using the same color book that I used, and they maxed out the deal by looking into every possible incentive to come up with the number I asked for. I always calculate the dealer invoice and MSRP, as well as the trade numbers, so I can create a range in which I want to work. You know, so my car and $XX. The dealer appreciates my repeat business plus they know I am a sick man who will just keep coming back.

I just never got over my true preference for the crystal red, plus I finally got beaten down with the effort in making a black car look good. It's the toughest thing.

So this car has everything but the polished wheels. My first two had them, and I will be trying to get used to the painted wheels. I know that I can always replace them. The other thing is the car had the yellow calipers. For me they are a no go on a red car, so they had to swap them with the silver calipers that came off my black one when I put yellows on it.

But the car is so fully optioned that I didn't mind that I didn't order it but bought off the lot.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

TTuned is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Cts-V650
    I'll trade you my silver for your yellows, and black wheels! I love that look!!! In Arizona.

Absolutely I am getting nailed by depreciation. That's probably the sickest part. No doubt.

I won't be somebody who says "I got the greatest deal, I crushed them". But they gave the top trade using the same color book that I used, and they maxed out the deal by looking into every possible incentive to come up with the number I asked for. I always calculate the dealer invoice and MSRP, as well as the trade numbers, so I can create a range in which I want to work. You know, so my car and $XX. The dealer appreciates my repeat business plus they know I am a sick man who will just keep coming back.

I just never got over my true preference for the crystal red, plus I finally got beaten down with the effort in making a black car look good. It's the toughest thing.

So this car has everything but the polished wheels. My first two had them, and I will be trying to get used to the painted wheels. I know that I can always replace them. The other thing is the car had the yellow calipers. For me they are a no go on a red car, so they had to swap them with the silver calipers that came off my black one when I put yellows on it.

But the car is so fully optioned that I didn't mind that I didn't order it but bought off the lot.
    I hear ya on the getting a deal part. Some feel like they are superior when they brag about how cheap they get their Vs for. I just like getting what i want for a fair price. I usually have a budget I want to keep and as long as a dealer works with me to follow that, I'm happy. I've had dealers find a car elsewhere that didn't have the options I didn't want or I've had dealers find me much better financing than what I had shored up. Either way, I'm happy and the salesman is happy, too. And I've actually got a couple friends who sell cars. They're not evil...

M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    You, hulkdaddy and M5eater should all get shots...
    hey now.. at least I have some good reasons to switch, but that hurts.. I already had my shots mmkay.
    Buy when incentives are peaking. To 'trade in' my V2 auto 3 years early that was leased for my ordered one cost me tax/title, and $30 more /month strictly speaking.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

After some time with the new car I have to sound off.

Our cars are terrific. This thing goes like a rocket and tracks like a slot car, just like my previous two did. It looks fantastic. I was a little worried about the suede steering wheel, but I had a false impression of how big and bulky it was. It seems the same size as the leather wrapped version, but it's a lot grippier. The blind spot alert is a great addition.

It's tight, fast, and sounds fantastic. Coming home with it on the thruway is a blast, flying by people and having some give you the thumbs up, or flash their lights.

And best of all, I am back in crystal red tintcoat once again.

Quote Originally Posted by khoeysr
    After some time with the new car I have to sound off.

Our cars are terrific. This thing goes like a rocket and tracks like a slot car, just like my previous two did. It looks fantastic. I was a little worried about the suede steering wheel, but I had a false impression of how big and bulky it was. It seems the same size as the leather wrapped version, but it's a lot grippier. The blind spot alert is a great addition.

It's tight, fast, and sounds fantastic. Coming home with it on the thruway is a blast, flying by people and having some give you the thumbs up, or flash their lights.

And best of all, I am back in crystal red tintcoat once again.
    Glad you saw the light...

xlroadster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V; 2007 XLR-V

Did you end up buying your car out here in Rochester? I saw that the dealer I bought my V in just listed a '11 V Coupe, same combo as yours, except w/ 12K miles. Small world if that was your car, because I already made an appointment to test drive the coupe V's on a possible trade in...even though I've owned the sedan for all of two months so far!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.