Brakes squeaking - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Brakes squeaking in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; My '11 Coupe brakes were very noisy from the beginning, especially at very low speeds. I popped the pads off, ...
    jft69z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 V-Coupe Blk 6M, '69 Black Z-28/RS 454-5 spd, '13 Blk ZR1

Re: Brakes squeaking

My '11 Coupe brakes were very noisy from the beginning, especially at very low speeds. I popped the pads off, cleaned everything up real good (rotors, pads, calipers & pistons) & sprayed the back side of the pads with 'disc brake quiet'. Since then the sqeak has been just about eliminated.

http://www.permatex.com/products/aut...rake_Quiet.htm

This stuff works pretty good also, but I honestly don't remember if I used it on the V at the time, it has been awhile since I did it. Both products are available at NAPA. The 'Squeak Relief' sprays directly on the rotor surface. (just a fine mist coat is all that is needed.)

http://www.lubegard.com/~/C-205/Sque...hing+Treatment

PS: I checked my notes & see that this was also done at the same time the wheels were clicking real bad. Pulled the rotors, cleaned the back side of the rotor/hub interface with brake clean & red scotchbtite pad as well as the hub mating surface. Also cleaned the wheel & rotor mating surfaces the same. Light coat of anti-sieze on the wheel bearing hub face & re-assembled. Torque lug nuts to 158 ft. lbs. No more click after that, been over a year. The notes didn't mention using the lubegard squeak relief, just the Permatex on the back side of the pads, but it's possible I still used it. I tend to use it on all the disc brake jobs in the shop, but usually not on the drum brakes.

2caddies is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade ESV & 2012 CTS-V
    I have had multiple trips back to the dealer for my squeaky breaks. Last time there, they put on new brake pads with less 1800 miles on the car. The car went a few weeks with no squeaking, but now it is bad again. Happens at low speeds, but terrible when you are pulling up at an intersection or stop and go traffic. At wits end with the whole situation. Who has the time to have the car in the shop this often?! I have had more problems with this car than I did with my last 3 cars combined over their entire lifetime.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

I get occasional squealing under the conditions you mention. I'm fortunate that a high speed braking session usually rids it for a while. I would think the ceramics would be quieter than the semi-metallic pads but I personally prefer semi-metallic pads for the better stopping power and less fade. I just live with it on the occasions it happens. I'm on the highway every day so a quick 120-30 stop is quick and convenient at 5:00am with no traffic

DangFoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan: Black Diamond Tri-Coat

My '11 Sedan squeeks like a stuck pig too; it's not just you lucky souls with the '12s. I'm going to try the spray like jft69z mentioned. Fun having clients in the car and screetching at every stop. I knew this thing would ride worse than the '10 SRX, but the nuisances are starting to compound.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Very sorry to hear that, DangFoo. I would be happy to explore your options further if you wish (email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com), and I look forward to your updates.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Very sorry to hear that, DangFoo.
    That just made me chortle...

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    That just made me chortle...
    Yes, I almost went back to edit out the fun username from my response, but I'll leave it to brighten the mood just a little!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

DangFoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan: Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Thanks Katie - I bought some spray and will see if it does the trick. I may also take the calipers and pads off to do a full cleaning, but that may prove temporary.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.