Brakes squeaking - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Brakes squeaking in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I think its just the 12s having this problem but i dont know for sure. I have a 2012....
    2012 CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Brakes squeaking

I think its just the 12s having this problem but i dont know for sure. I have a 2012.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Ottomatic, I would definitely recommend visiting your dealer serviced, as 2012 CTS-V is doing. This community, as you've seen, is a very helpful resource, and I'm always available if you have additional questions or need me to research your particular vehicle.

Eggr, I'm sorry to hear that! Please do keep us in the loop after you visit your dealer, and private message me if you have any questions I can help you with in the meantime.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

2caddies is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade ESV & 2012 CTS-V

I too have a 2012 CTS-V, and I am having huge problems with squeaky brakes!! I am scheduled to go back to the dealer again Monday. Last week they said they could not find a problem. As soon as I drove away they were were as bad as when I brought it in! They said they put some sort of compound on them, but the mechanic said he did not find any issues at all. It is so loud it is actually embarrassing to drive, especially in traffic. I am not sure it is the cause, but the rear driver side hub area is very rusty.

Guess we will have to find out Monday. Already had several other issues, including a loose bolt on the manifold causing an exhaust leak in the car.

peso611 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Platinum & 2012 CTS V Wagon Black Diamond
    I also have a 2012 Vagon with the squeaking brake problem. I took into a North Texas dealer for clicking wheel and mentioned the brakes and they told me it was a common issue with CTS-v's and that I had to burnish the pads. I'm not completely satisfied with that response.

2caddies, I can certainly understand your frustration. Please let us know how the next dealer trip goes!

Peso611, thank you for alerting us. I'm always available via private message if you have questions you'd like me to investigate for you, and I was sorry to read that you also seem to be experiencing this issue.

Best,

Katie

2012 CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Sorry to hear those responses from your dealer guys. Gold coast cadillac was very cool about ordering me brand new pads and rotors (my car did only have 1500 miles on it) They actually did some tests on my vehicle to see why the brakes were squeaking and were supposed to give data to GM. Hopefully they got some data and it will help the rest of you with this problem. Good luck.

2caddies is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade ESV & 2012 CTS-V
    I got my car back from the dealer last week, after they put new brake pads all around. They said this should fix the squeak and it appeared to have corrected the problem. Worked up until today, now the squeak is back (although not as bad as before). I am hoping it is brake dust, but I have my doubts! No car, especially a $70k plus one, should already have 4 trips back to the dealer with under 2300 miles!!! Almost time to install the lemon air freshener!!

sybersport is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White Diamond CTS-V

I have a 2011 sedan, and my brakes squeak during low speed stops. I took it into my dealer (who is great) and they said it's not something that can be fixed... I trust them, so I'm wondering if maybe GM has an idea?

2caddies, I'm so sorry to hear that! Please contact me anytime if you'd like me to explore your options for you.

sybersport, please feel free to send me a private message with your name and VIN anytime if you'd like me to investigate further for you!

Best,

Katie

4DoorV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black
    my rear brakes have squeaked for the last 32,000 miles. They only squeak at 15 mph and less when braking. The dealer said the brakes are fine and that is normal. Now i notice that there is a substantial lip on both the outside and inside edge of the rotor. Is this normal. There is about 43,000 miles on these.

whytediamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 white diamond sedan, 6MT,all options. 641 RWHP/592 RWTQ
    Mine also squeak, had it in at the dealer before i put it into storage last year. They said it was normal with high performance breaks..... Ya right!!! Still squeaking now, gonna take it back in as im not happy with that response. Seem to always get the brush off when it comes to issues with my car.

Moneypenny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon (summer); 1999 Audi A4 Avant (winter)

A couple of years ago I installed a Brembo big brake kit on my '99 Audi. It came with very specific instructions on how to properly bed-in the new brakes. After reading here in the forum regarding some cases of brake-squeal, I'm thinking that perhaps I am going to follow those instructions for the Brembos on my Cadillac after it arrives. Basically, it's a matter of finding a long stretch of road without traffic around you, accellerating to +/- 60mph, braking smartly down to around 30mph, and then driving for a 1/2 mile to cool things off. Repeat this around 30 times. The brakes on my Audi settled in beautifully, so I'm thinking this process might work on the V.

Quote Originally Posted by whytediamond View Post
    Mine also squeak, had it in at the dealer before i put it into storage last year. They said it was normal with high performance breaks..... Ya right!!! Still squeaking now, gonna take it back in as im not happy with that response. Seem to always get the brush off when it comes to issues with my car.
    I'm sorry to hear about that frustration, whytediamond. Glad you're taking it back for a second diagnosis and hope the issue is resolved soon for you. If you have any lingering concerns after your next dealer appointment, please don't hesitate to send me a private message.

Katie

CryHavoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 12 CTS-V

I have a 2012 CTS-V coupe and my brakes squeaked like crazy at slow speeds before coming to a stop when I had about 1000 miles on her. I took her in for inspection and, according to the work up, the dealer - sanded brake pads and burnish pads and rotors to eliminate squealing noise. The noise stopped for a while, but now at 1700 miles the squealing is back. Even after a thorough wash of the rims/tires the noise is still there. I am now trying to get my car back into service (I moved down to El Paso since). If I could ever get a response from the service department, I will update on the situation.

CryHavoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 12 CTS-V

Second trip in to have my brakes looked at and this dealership informed me that the brake squeak is normal. Workup stated - brakes are performance pads and a harder composite material, therefore normal. They also attached a document from the GM Service and Parts Operations (looks like the how to repair/address issues), highlighting the brake noise issue, which restated it is normal. Fair enough, but it is pretty frustrating hearing the loud squeal every time I come to a stop. This car should be turning heads because of the styling and not the noise.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.