GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle! - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Add me to the list but I have a feeling this list is going no where. One another note, summer ...
    dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

Add me to the list but I have a feeling this list is going no where.
    One another note, summer must be near because my roof and interior are creaking like crazy since it's been in the mid 80's the past two days. The only fix is to turn up the music.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Update: I have just added SinisterV, Wannago, turbol15, Marcuse12, and dqw1 to the list. Many thanks, the five of you!

valdeztkeCTSV, I am happy to hear you voiced your concerns and was glad to read your constructive feedback.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Kekyco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Kekyco View Post
    Thank for the info. All in all it sounds like its just more of an annoyance than a real problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    Exactly. The problem is, they purposefully designed it to reduce the annoyance of gear noise. Instead they introduced a much greater annoyance, and they're unwilling to fix it.
    Please don't think I'm down playing the issue. It is totally unacceptable to have a issue like this while Cadillac is trying to compete with other performance/luxury brands.

I agree with valdeztkeCTSV "Given the well-known performance capabilities the CTS-V likely draws attention from buyers who might not previously considered a Cadillac let alone a General Motors vehicle. If their first impression is this isolator noise, they may rethink the entire brand."

352 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DTS, STS V

I have a 2008 STS V that gives me no problems what so ever. However, I really gave serious thought to trading it in for a MY 2012 CTS V coupe. To me a supercharger rattle is a serious design defect which is a deal breaker. I joined this forum for the explicit purpose of doing just this type of research which does not show up on the net when doing a simple google search. GM nearly went out of business in 2008; one would think that GM would go the extra mile to not have stupid issues like this. I really wanted the CTS V coupe. Now, forget about it!

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    And GM isn't going to do anything about it for us! But they will for the ZL1!

Original:

I have a 2008 STS V that gives me no problems what so ever. However, I really gave serious thought to trading it in for a MY 2012 CTS V coupe. To me a supercharger rattle is a serious design defect which is a deal breaker. I joined this forum for the explicit purpose of doing just this type of research which does not show up on the net when doing a simple google search. GM nearly went out of business in 2008; one would think that GM would go the extra mile to not have stupid issues like this. I really wanted the CTS V coupe. Now, forget about it!

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

not making the purchase based on a NHV issue is ridiclious, that's like not buying a house because it needs a new window, but, whatever.

edsuski is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Katie,

Please add me to the list. While this is (in my opinion) "at least" one of the best cars available - my 2009 has had the annoying rattle since day one and continues to have it even after the supercharger was replaced a couple of months ago (at 45K miles - under warranty - way to sand behind a product!) due to what sounded like extreme bearing whine. It is a shame that such a fantastic car has to "present" in this way and continues to be embarrassing for owners to have to explain why their $60+K automobile makes that noise.

Having said that - I am very excited about GM taking back the rein’s in automotive excellence with platforms like the CTS and especially the CTS-V. Please fix the few remaining problems so that I can buy another one. Don't tell the sales guys - but I would pay $10K more today for this car - especially if GM would remedy the last few annoyances. Keep up the good work GM. Home of the best automotive engineers (and customer support personnel) on the planet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Update: I have just added SinisterV, Wannago, turbol15, Marcuse12, and dqw1 to the list. Many thanks, the five of you!

valdeztkeCTSV, I am happy to hear you voiced your concerns and was glad to read your constructive feedback.

Best,

Katie

creed2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Please add me to the list of CTS -V owners with the " Supercharger Ratttle"

Thank you for help and input Katie

Curtis

cadzilla32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS-V
    Katie - please add me to the list. 2010 V sedan w/less than 9k on the clock.

Best,
    Justin

Thrill6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V Sedan, 07 Corvette Convertible

Add me to the list too, I have a 2011 Sedan and mine started around 10K. When I took it in for service I was given the party line "That's normal".

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    not making the purchase based on a NHV issue is ridiclious, that's like not buying a house because it needs a new window, but, whatever.
    When you are asking $70,000.00 plus for a car and it sounds as though it is about to expire going through the drive-through at McDonalds, then, no, it is not ridiculous. There should be no NHV issues in any modern car let alone the CTS V. In addition, GM will not fix it and the fix invalidates your warranty. Yeah, I want that car! It is ridiculous to have to tear into a new, expensive vehicle to fix something that should embarrass GM. Finally, this problem is not simple like replacing a window on a home; otherwise, I would buy the car.
    Please, understand that I am not arguing with you. It seems that GM has a history of designing really appealing vehicles and then dropping the ball on the details. The devil is in the details which is why Japanese brands have such a loyal following. Build a good car and customers will become loyal to the brand.

jetcityV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan

Katie,

Please add me to the list as well.; I have have an early 2009 sedan, and have been concerned whether this is in fact "normal" or "by design" since day one; especially given the documentation and pictures of the wear that this causes. Overall, as most would agree, these are excellent vehicles. However, the inability, or lack of willingness on the part of GM or it's dealer network to solve this issue, along with the infamous "wheel clicking" is not heping to maintain/gain owner loyalty, nor achieve the "new standard of the world".

JOEYCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by 352 View Post
    When you are asking $70,000.00 plus for a car and it sounds as though it is about to expire going through the drive-through at McDonalds, then, no, it is not ridiculous. There should be no NHV issues in any modern car let alone the CTS V. In addition, GM will not fix it and the fix invalidates your warranty. Yeah, I want that car! It is ridiculous to have to tear into a new, expensive vehicle to fix something that should embarrass GM. Finally, this problem is not simple like replacing a window on a home; otherwise, I would buy the car.
    Please, understand that I am not arguing with you. It seems that GM has a history of designing really appealing vehicles and then dropping the ball on the details. The devil is in the details which is why Japanese brands have such a loyal following. Build a good car and customers will become loyal to the brand.
    I can't believe this thread has gotten this many replies. This has been discussed in DETAIL since 2009. Everyone's crying about something that can be fixed by anyone with decent mechanical skills for $60! If not, go to a shop and have them throw it in for you. Buy a fukin solid isolator and move on with your lives. Life's too short.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thrill6 & jetcityV, thank you very much for the feedback and helpful details regarding your cases. You're both now on the list.

I hope everyone is able to have a happy St. Patrick's Day!

Katie

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by 352 View Post
    I've spoken with people that have driven everything from a 458 to a S2000. The CTS-V is about as perfect of a car as you're going to get. The E60 M5, RS6, XF-R, IS-F, B8 S4 and the lot have real problems. The CTS-V makes a funny noise. I'm sorry, but I simply can not understand the justification based on a noise. Would you prefer dropping $5k into an SMG randomly in an E60? Or having a completly locked ECU in the IS-F? What about carbon build-up in the RS4 that causes it to loose up to 100HP if you don't have a $200 service done every couple of thousand miles? Audi calls that normal by the way.

Those are problems and reasons to avoid a car(and they cost much more than 70K), a noise that a $60 isolator can fix is not.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.