GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by mrl859 Add me as well. Are we going to start a list of clicking wheels, too? This ...
    valdeztkeCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

Quote Originally Posted by mrl859 View Post
    Add me as well. Are we going to start a list of clicking wheels, too?
    This 'list' isn't going to go anywhere. I suggest everyone that has an issue with their supercharger, note it as a safety concern and file the information here:

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml

Once NHTSA starts to see a pattern of complaints they will notify GM engineers. That will get them moving much faster.

Filed my complaint this morning.

mrl859 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White SRX Performance/2011 Radiant Silver CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by valdeztkeCTSV View Post
    This 'list' isn't going to go anywhere. I suggest everyone that has an issue with their supercharger, note it as a safety concern and file the information here:

Once NHTSA starts to see a pattern of complaints they will notify GM engineers. That will get them moving much faster.

Way to let the system work.

PeteK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 1972 Eldorado Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by valdeztkeCTSV View Post

How is this a safety issue?

There seem to be three prevalent issues on this forum.

1)Rattling supercharger
    2)Creaking Recaro seats
    3)Clicking front wheels.

Why not set up some sort of list for all three of these so we can gather "names" of those of us experiencing any of theses concerns?

I have to believe that Cadillac does care considering the price point of the these vehicles and the level of quality the competition exhibits. I also have to believe that Cadillic cannot be satisfied with a $3400 option (Recaros) being more problematic and troublesome than the stock seats. Call me an idealist.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Don't forget the sunroof too!

HeavyH20 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Red 09 CTS-V, Silver 06 STS-V, White 08 SRX
    Fixed all on my own instead of letting the talent free service folks at my local Caddie dealer cause more damage than good :-)

And the differential chatter.

samgar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ctsv coupe 2011

Add me to the list as well. There is some noise at present with 700 miles on the car, so I suspect it will get worse as time goes on.

M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3
    anyone find it ironic the part that's supposed to reduce nvh actually causes *more* nvh? a design that operates exactly opposite as designed. sounds like a failure

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyH20 View Post
    Fixed all on my own instead of letting the talent free service folks at my local Caddie dealer cause more damage than good :-)
    That wouldn't have happened. Dealers have strict orders not to A) Open the supercharger and B) Avoid replacing one at all costs. Or so I'm told.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by PeteK View Post
    How is this a safety issue?
    - It isn't really. Just trying to come up with a more official way to address this issue.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mrl859 View Post
    There seem to be three prevalent issues on this forum.

1)Rattling supercharger
    2)Creaking Recaro seats
    3)Clicking front wheels.

Why not set up some sort of list for all three of these so we can gather "names" of those of us experiencing any of theses concerns?

I have to believe that Cadillac does care considering the price point of the these vehicles and the level of quality the competition exhibits. I also have to believe that Cadillic cannot be satisfied with a $3400 option (Recaros) being more problematic and troublesome than the stock seats. Call me an idealist.
    Its likely that the person(s) working to monitor forums & social media for Caddy (and other GM brands) are contracted out and really have very little 'pull' with the company. GM likely sent out an RFP to firms to handle their online customer engagement. That agency then will assemble a list of canned answers and occasionally step in to say "We are sorry to hear you are having this issue."

This is similar to how Ford runs some of their online engagement. The people helping on forums and what not aren't Ford employees, but work at Percepta. A company Ford is a partnered with. They may answer Ford questions in the a.m. and then go on to addressing questions about health care products in the afternoon. Their job is to be engaged not necessarily resolving your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyH20 View Post
    That's what they expect you to do. Just deal with it and forget about it. But this definitely should be addressed. Especially after they did with the ZL1.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by samgar View Post
    Add me to the list as well. There is some noise at present with 700 miles on the car, so I suspect it will get worse as time goes on.
    I haven't seen or read about anybody with that low mileage with it so soon. But yes, it will get louder and louder.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    anyone find it ironic the part that's supposed to reduce nvh actually causes *more* nvh? a design that operates exactly opposite as designed. sounds like a failure
    That's what pisses me off, all these stupid little things. It just shouldn't be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Very helpful - thank you! Users who mentioned experiencing the supercharger rattle on those threads (and this thread) had been added to the document I spoke of earlier. Hopefully, those who review the document will move on it.

All the best,
    Sarah Anders/cac/sm/sag
    Okay, Sarah. Let's settle this. Are you an employee of GM/Cadillac or an independent third party?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi mrl859 (& all!),

Just wanted to let you all know I'm catching up with this thread upon my return to the office today, and I am continuing to update the document Sarah kindly began in my absence with the usernames of forum members above who wished to be added. Sarah and I both are representatives from General Motors' Social Media group. (Our GM Social Media team scans over sixty forums to provide customer service to those who utilize the forums.)

Sarah is my wonderful back-up for this particular forum when I am away for an extended amount of time. To echo her sentiments, I too am hoping this document will be reviewed quickly and prove beneficial to the community!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Sarah - Good to know you are on the inside team. Send John Beebe my regards.

As for the rest of the group - while I understand the resolution of this issue does rest with GM, I have a feeling they'll need to work out an agreement with Eaton if in fact they supplied the supercharger. That would mean Eaton in turn would have to be willing to agree there needs to be a fix and either authorize GM technicians to replace the isolator or perform the action in-house. This would mean lots of vehicle downtime, lots of massive parts to ship and just an overall nightmare.

At the end of the day, I think it makes much more sense for Eaton, in-conjunction with GM, to agree to allow service techs to install a solid isolator, sourced from Eaton likely. They could issue a TSB with diagram instructions and that would be that.

I took a video of the sound and will be adding it to the blog post I did on this subject. Just think its fair that everyone hear what "Normal" is for a CTS-V.
    M5eater and M5eater like this.

M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

agreed. The username list is a good first step, but the design in itself leads to the fact that eventually, everyone, all 10-12K CTS-Vs, will hear the noise. The only factor is whether people decide it's a problem for them or not. Mine has the issue as well, and I expect my brand new 04/12 build car to have it too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.