GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle! - Page 26
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; For those guys about to get a new SC that are still asking about whether or not tthe new SC ...
    cts-v ls6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

For those guys about to get a new SC that are still asking about whether or not tthe new SC has a solid isolator, scroll back a few weeks and read my post. I received the new SC under warranty with the new P/N and it does NOT have a solid isolator. If you want to get rid of the rattle, you'll have to do it on your own.

Jack

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

Having the blower replaced under warranty is certainly a nice option to have. I notice the rattling most when using drive up atm, at stop lights when next to other cars, and don't forget about when I pick-up my girlfriend(s) they walk across the front of the car and basically get startled.

I feel as though my home dealership would understand and could replace it if I brought up all this stuff. Is it worth having a new blower put on? I know the rotors have a special coating that wears off after time, and that is the stuff helping create a seal and thus boost pressure. If the coating is worn from, say, overspinning the blower then the seal and entire unit are less effictive in producing horsepower.

ddivinia is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Corey @ Henderson Performance is awesome.

cadillaxe is offline Author "Bouncing off Guardrails"
    Automobile(s): '13ctsvcp,'10bmwS1KRR,'13YCCchopper

dealer told me the same thing.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

good to hear some people have been able to get this resolved. I guess it's only a matter of time before I start hearing marbles

Bridgette2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V SEDAN
    Marbles heard? I don't follow this thread. So you mean the V actually breaks over time like any other vehicle? :-)

CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe

Yeah, duck n cover

japple1985 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V Coupe

So i dropped my car off Monday, they are replacing the supercharger.. Does the new Supercharger include a new internal intercooler? or do they unbolt the original intercooler and put it on the new supercharger? I was thinking GM consider the supercharger/inter-cooler as one part. but maybe i was mistaking!

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

I believe they treat the whole thing as an assembly. Don't think the dealers ever open up the supercharger. Just pull, replace, send to Eaton.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

actually... pull, replace, send back to GM ... (then back to eaton)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    See? I don't think I got the lid, just the base. I need to find out. Figured it was done as a whole but I bay have been mistaken.

caveman728 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 V Sedan 2007 Escalade

I can't read through this entire list, but please add me to the list of CTS-V owners (2010 sedan) experiencing the issue.

RCene is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Please add me to list - 2011 Sedan - 40k mi

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

The only alternative we have seen is a solid coupler, but GM states this reduces the life of the blower bearings and components by 40% plus as there is no absorption of the shock & vibration from the drive side. Trying to develop a semi-rigid coupler that will last as well as isolate the main portion of the unit so no noise w/out sacrificing the blower life.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    ...GM states this reduces the life of the blower bearings and components by 40% plus...
    Yow! That's news to me. Mind sharing the source at GM that said that? I know I've been away from the forums for awhile, but during the first model year, the program manager for our car, Ed Piatek, told us (here in this forum) that the isolator was there solely to eliminate a gear-drive backlash noise. I found it ironic that it introduces a noise of its own while eliminating another. Apologies if I totally missed the 40% wear part...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.