GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle! - Page 19
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by neuronbob Mike, did you hear whether this rumored new part made it into the 2013 cars? Mine ...
    topend22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 607 RWHP 627 TQ 2013 SRX, 1998 Seville STS

Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    Mike, did you hear whether this rumored new part made it into the 2013 cars? Mine just having been built at the end of November, one would think so if true.
    I would think so. I will look to see if there is any part number on the outside of the blower so we can tell who has the new part.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

That's my thought as well. If it's on back order for dealers, it is likely because available parts are being routed for the factory.

Todd Palms is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V
    They have places an order for a new super charger. Nobody has one I'm stock, I am on a waiting list.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

ask your dealer if they have set up a SPAC case for your order yet... and if they have call back in a few days and ask if they have upgraded the SPAC to SWAT

once your order is escalated to SPAC there's a two day waiting period before you can upgrade it to the Service With Action Team (SWAT)

that two day waiting period is to let GM's dealer-to-dealer 'sprint' system try and fill the order ... i think you can go directly to SWAT if there is no stock at any dealer

either way ... once you're escalated all the way there's really nothing else that can be done to get it there faster besides getting one of the reps involved, which usually won't help any
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

I have a 2013 and it has the supercharger rattle on shut off just like my 2012 did.

Todd Palms is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V
    Thanks for the SWAT info; guess once the new one is in I will ask if it has a solid isolator. Maybe they can install it for me without voiding any warranty.

Doubtful anyone will know anything about the internals of the S/C. I surely can't find any info. Also I doubt they'll install a solid isolator for you but I guess if you don't ask you'll never know.
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Doubtful anyone will know anything about the internals of the S/C. I surely can't find any info. Also I doubt they'll install a solid isolator for you but I guess if you don't ask you'll never know.
    Rippy, if I give you the new part number can you look into it for us and let us know what all have changed in the new part.

that was kind of my point in my last post... there's no info that i can look up to determine any kind of specifics about the internals or design of these

sorry but that kind of info is just not something that GM even shares with it's dealers

one of the main reasons is probably due to the S/C being sourced outside of GM through Eaton and is only serviced as a full assembly

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Maybe if someone from Eaton posted here, it could help a few thousand V owners out and tell whether the rumors are true.....

theamcguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Every year if you read the press releases you can see what improvements were made over the previous year's model. For 2013 they mention new 2 piece brake rotors and the addition of Glacier Blue Metallic as an exterior color choice. That is it no mention of improvements to the supercharger.

LeeH is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

You can add me to the Rattle list too. Not even 6K miles on my V coupe and already noticeable...

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

The part number I have is "19257754" but it still produced a slight rattle.

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    The part number I have is "19257754" but it still produced a slight rattle.
    That Number has been changed to a new number of 19301022 the part has just been released by GM Enginerring and has the solid Isolater. I was told this by a friend that works in the GM Performance Division. They added the solid Isolater to both the new ZL1 and the V. The only cars that are geting that part are the cars comming off the factory floor in the last couple of months. Is the dealer look up part number 19257754 there is a note that the number has been replaced with 19301022 however it is on back order to order. I didnt want to get into alot of details with my supercharger issues but will tell you the my dealers GM Rep had the new Part number 19301022.jpgpart picked up from the factory and shipped next day air to they could put the new part on my car. The part number is located on the back of the supercharger but unless you ordered your car and are just now recieving it it wont be the new part. If you dont want to wait for the backorder to fill up you can order the part 19257754 but it will not have the solid isolater in it. My dealer went above and beyond for me as I have 4 Caddys sitting in my driveway along with a brand new 2013 SRX. I was able to get them to replace the entire SC assembly with a new cover, intercoolerm etc... the whole brand new kit. Depends on your releationship with your dealer rep and what kind of service manager you have wil depend on what he will do for you. This is the picture of the new design.

new blower.gif

Part Lable 1 is the new part. it is 19301022. Check your dealer for yourself and see when it is expected to come off backorder. I was told its priority is to put it on all of the new CTS V's rolling off the factory floor first and then offer to dealers when the stockpile is built up. Again, I have not seen first hand but was told mr a reliable source at GM that this new part has the solid isolater and is for both the being built now Zl1's and the CTS v 2013 models. Your best bet to get on doen under warranty is to set up a meeting with your dealers regional GM Rep and complain about the noise. the squeeky wheel gets the grease, or should I say the noisey blower gets replaced.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.