GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle! - Page 18
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Well it turns out that my service department agreed that the "bucket of marbles" sounded too loud and, to my ...
    CTS NV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

Well it turns out that my service department agreed that the "bucket of marbles" sounded too loud and, to my surprise, a new supercharger is on order ...

The service rep mentioned something about the part # changing ... not sure what that means, but will know more soon.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by CTS NV
    Well it turns out that my service department agreed that the "bucket of marbles" sounded too loud and, to my surprise, a new supercharger is on order ...

The service rep mentioned something about the part # changing ... not sure what that means, but will know more soon.
    See? I don't understand this crap. Where one opinion gets things done another doesn't. Can't they apply any sort of across-the-board reasoning to this? And you see why we get fired up! Please share anything you can on this as the work is done. I'm trying to round up anything I can.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Trap, can you post a recording of how the supercharger sounds at Idle? maybe you can forward that file to a GM rep also, just a thought.

japple1985 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V Coupe

New to the CTS V family and just joined the Forum. I ran across this rattle forum and I'm wondering if this is what I hear on my 2011 CTS V Coupe with 30k miles. I first noticed it one day when I had my window down and pulled into my garage and when I turned the engine off, the engine kinda kicked back and it rattled. I have since noticed a rattle when the car is just Idling. I really haven't looked into it, to me it sounds like it was coming from underneath my car.

Same rattle. Either learn to live with it or buy a solid isolator.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

When I first heard this rattle I thought it was a loose muffler or something when I shut the car off. Nope, def. the Supercharger, that's where it's coming from. My 2012 did it and now my 2013 does the same thing. At least no wheel clicking problem on the 2013 though, they got that fixed this model year.

LJMartin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Mike_maz, ctsvchicago, and Lancekl, I have just updated the list with your usernames. Sarah and I continue to pass along updates to our list to bring attention to the issue. Back on page 6 of this thread, I pointed out that we hope seeing that a large percentage of owners have this issue helps build a case for the resolution. "Sarah began this list (and rightly so!) to make sure we do all we can to pass along the information that the issue is still a prominent concern currently for many owners."

I'm so sorry the frustrations have continued for you all, and if you would ever like me to document you individual concerns further please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

The members on the board had convinced me to buy the CTS-V over the BMW M5 that I also was considering. Until I got to this thread that GM had found a solution for the SC noise and implemented it on the Corvettes and then hear of all the people on the forum complaining of the noise that comes from the SC
    on their Cadddy's, I'm starting to wonder. If I have to listen to engine noise I think I'd rather it be the scream of a V10 at 8,000RPM than a bucket of bolts being rattled around. As I said in an earlier post on this thread, it may be costing GM more than they realize because of lost sales do to this problem.

Truthfully, I'm not sure they've changed anything in the blower unit for the Vette or the ZL1. According to Wait4Me, all the units he's had apart have the same current isolator. Who knows?

SinisterV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

You can add me to the list as well.

I agree with almost everyone here on the board. For the amount of money I have paid for this car. It should not make any kind of noise like it does. I own a 2003 Cobra, and a 2010 Shelby, both of these cars have a supercharger that is similar to the Vs. Neither of my cars have this silly spring isolator in them. The only noise they make is a nice and addictive wine. I know the V is a car that's in a different class, With that being said, if my Cobra or Shelby that are cheaper cars don't make that annoying noise. The V definitely shouldn't make it. Just my .02

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterV View Post
    You can add me to the list as well....
    SinisterV, thank you for letting me know! I have added your name to the ongoing list, and we do appreciate your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by LJMartin View Post
    The members on the board had convinced me to buy the CTS-V over the BMW M5 that I also was considering. Until I got to this thread that GM had found a solution for the SC noise and implemented it on the Corvettes and then hear of all the people on the forum complaining of the noise that comes from the SC
    on their Cadddy's, I'm starting to wonder. If I have to listen to engine noise I think I'd rather it be the scream of a V10 at 8,000RPM than a bucket of bolts being rattled around. As I said in an earlier post on this thread, it may be costing GM more than they realize because of lost sales do to this problem.
    LJMartin, GM takes comments like this seriously, and I'll document it where the proper GM teams can see it. As always, don't hesitate to email me if you have further feedback or would like me to investigate any specific vehicle information for you!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

LJMartin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

LJMartin, GM takes comments like this seriously, and I'll document it where the proper GM teams can see it. As always, don't hesitate to email me if you have further feedback or would like me to investigate any specific vehicle information for you!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service[/QUOTE]

GM use to be the greatest car manufacturer in the world, but some how lost their way. They got a second chance and have developed some amazing products, let's hope they don't fall back to their old ways and blow it by ignoring issues like this.

topend22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 607 RWHP 627 TQ 2013 SRX, 1998 Seville STS

I actually heard the part number changed as well, in fact the blower is the exact same as the ZL1. This is the part that is between the intake and the blower lid. This part from what I understand comes as one part number and has a solid isolater in it.. So from my understanding this part is now fixed in the new part being shipped to dealers in 2013 and also currently on back order.

Todd Palms is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V
    My car is in the shop for excessive marble noise and a wine from rear differential; I will let everyone know what they say. 25k miles on 2011

topend22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 607 RWHP 627 TQ 2013 SRX, 1998 Seville STS

The problem has been fixed in the new part number.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Mike, did you hear whether this rumored new part made it into the 2013 cars? Mine just having been built at the end of November, one would think so if true.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.