GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle! - Page 14
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 504
Like Tree50Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; 2011 CTS-V: front driver side wheel clicks, a noise comes from the passanger B pillar, the front passanger seat rattles, ...
  1. #196
    RudyR1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18

    Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

    2011 CTS-V: front driver side wheel clicks, a noise comes from the passanger B pillar, the front passanger seat rattles, noise comes from the rear somewhere. Do I care? Not one bit.

  2. #197
    King335i is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V Coupe
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    533

    Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

    If you haven't totally given up on life then you should care RudyR1999. My BMW never did any of that crap, why does my Cadillac? Thankfully GM stepped up to the plate and fixed my wheel clicking problem by giving me a nice set of 2-piece rotors.

  3. #198
    smackdownCTSV's Avatar
    smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,958

    Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
    Are you kidding me? Over a noise. Perhaps you guys all need a few more activities. Take a long look in the mirror and think to yourself - wow, the geeks really have won the world. What a bunch of whiney whimps - if it bugs you that much, just fix it, Sally. Can you turn a wrench or are your manicured fingers to good for that too?


    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by King335i View Post
    If you haven't totally given up on life then you should care RudyR1999. My BMW never did any of that crap, why does my Cadillac? Thankfully GM stepped up to the plate and fixed my wheel clicking problem by giving me a nice set of 2-piece rotors.
    Agreed! These are little stupid things that shouldn't be happening at all. And I'm almost hoping my clicking comes back the same time I'm due for pads so I can get the 2-piece rotors, but it's been over 5K miles and nothing yet. Even with all the brake dust.

  4. #199
    JFJr's Avatar
    JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age
    70
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

    Can anyone expain why some cars have the supercharger "rattle" and others don't? Machining tolerances, assembly technique? My engine doesn't rattle but it does rumble.

    Jud
    Jud

  5. #200
    smackdownCTSV's Avatar
    smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,958

    Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

    Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    Can anyone expain why some cars have the supercharger "rattle" and others don't? Machining tolerances, assembly technique? My engine doesn't rattle but it does rumble.

    Jud

  6. #201
    Rich Browne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    82
    Posts
    50

    Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

    [QUOTE=smackdownCTSV;2971412][COLOR="Silver"]

    ----------


    I can't even respond to that awesome post. Really?

  7. #202
    smackdownCTSV's Avatar
    smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,958

    Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

    [QUOTE=Rich Browne;2971653]
    Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    [COLOR="Silver"]

    ----------


    I can't even respond to that awesome post. Really?

  8. #203
    LV_V's Avatar
    LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,684

    Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
    Are you kidding me? Over a noise. Perhaps you guys all need a few more activities. Take a long look in the mirror and think to yourself - wow, the geeks really have won the world. What a bunch of whiney whimps - if it bugs you that much, just fix it, Sally. Can you turn a wrench or are your manicured fingers to good for that too?
    A noise, eh? Well you are obviously too effin lazy to ready the entire thread. Some folks have reported having their superchargers fail and/or replaced as a result of this "annoying noise" that you and your old lady seem to enjoy. Please by all means continue to enjoy this nasty rattle, but I won't stand for it. And if you don't have a rattle, then go $hit in someone's thread.But really bro, I wrench on all my cars the same. If you are looking for an e-fight then go back to priusforums.com.
    ABest62 and ABest62 like this.

  9. #204
    SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    193

    Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

    Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    Can anyone expain why some cars have the supercharger "rattle" and others don't? Machining tolerances, assembly technique? My engine doesn't rattle but it does rumble.

    Jud
    They *ALL* rattle at some point, it's inevitable and unavoidable given the design. The hardened steel spring is designed to eat into the supercharger shaft, which causes rattling. There was a post from a GM engineer confirming this. GM doesn't care and goes so far as to have some service techs say that it's supposed to sound like that. In a $70,000 vehicle.

    Whether the owner hears/notices the rattle is the issue. They all wear and they all rattle. Mine started at less than 1000-miles.

    It's sad and embarassing that GM is assembling a fake "list" via their customer service reps, as though they will do anything at all about it.

  10. #205
    Rich Browne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    82
    Posts
    50

    Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

    Quote Originally Posted by LV_V View Post
    A noise, eh? Well you are obviously too effin lazy to ready the entire thread. Some folks have reported having their superchargers fail and/or replaced as a result of this "annoying noise" that you and your old lady seem to enjoy. Please by all means continue to enjoy this nasty rattle, but I won't stand for it. And if you don't have a rattle, then go $hit in someone's thread.But really bro, I wrench on all my cars the same. If you are looking for an e-fight then go back to priusforums.com.
    I assume you have replaced your isolator already? How was the wear? Could you post some pictures? If mine makes any noise, which it doesn't, I'll replace the isolator. By the way I'm not your bro, brough or brah. Nor would I sue over a noise. Bet you have some really nice Craftsman tools, too.

  11. #206
    smackdownCTSV's Avatar
    smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,958

    Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
    I assume you have replaced your isolator already? How was the wear? Could you post some pictures? If mine makes any noise, which it doesn't, I'll replace the isolator. By the way I'm not your bro, brough or brah. Nor would I sue over a noise. Bet you have some really nice Craftsman tools, too.
    There are plenty of pics in this thread explaining the wear and showing pics of it too.

    If you don't hear the rattle, your age is really showing.

  12. #207
    Rich Browne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    82
    Posts
    50

    Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

    Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    There are plenty of pics in this thread explaining the wear and showing pics of it too.

    If you don't hear the rattle, your age is really showing.
    Oh, that must be it, hard of hearing. I though it was cause I was busy driving and enjoying the car. Seems like SO many here think this is such an expensive exotic supercar...as they wax it and wipe down the engine compartment. Come on, it's a bad ass mid priced muscle car. There are going to be some development issues - none of you should every drive a 60's muscle car, your pampers couldn't handle it.

  13. #208
    JFJr's Avatar
    JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age
    70
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal_V View Post
    They *ALL* rattle at some point, it's inevitable and unavoidable given the design. Whether the owner hears/notices the rattle is the issue.
    Thanks for the explanation of why the rattle, but I would still like to know why some don't rattle. My hearing is fine and all I hear is the V8 rumble. My car is approaching 59,000 miles so when should I expect the rattle?

    Jud
    Jud

  14. #209
    tbauer's Avatar
    tbauer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTSV Sedan 651HP/644TQ
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Plano, Tx
    Posts
    79

    Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

    Well I know my S/C was replaced under warranty around 21-23k (don't remember and Im to lazy to check) and my new one rattled as well. I could easily here it in my shop when i pulled in and let it idle. I wouldn't say it was obnoxious but obvious to me.

    heres the link to a great video of the rattle for those that missed it before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRR4jLgf6MQ

    To Jud,
    Did you purchase your car new or used? If used its possible the coupler could have been replaced with out any other mods.

  15. #210
    JFJr's Avatar
    JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age
    70
    Posts
    1,405
    I am the original owner and the car is totally stock.

    Jud
    Jud

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting