GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle! - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; 2011 CTS-V: front driver side wheel clicks, a noise comes from the passanger B pillar, the front passanger seat rattles, ...
    RudyR1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: GM found a fix for the supercharger rattle!

2011 CTS-V: front driver side wheel clicks, a noise comes from the passanger B pillar, the front passanger seat rattles, noise comes from the rear somewhere. Do I care? Not one bit.

King335i is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V Coupe

If you haven't totally given up on life then you should care RudyR1999. My BMW never did any of that crap, why does my Cadillac? Thankfully GM stepped up to the plate and fixed my wheel clicking problem by giving me a nice set of 2-piece rotors.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
    Are you kidding me? Over a noise. Perhaps you guys all need a few more activities. Take a long look in the mirror and think to yourself - wow, the geeks really have won the world. What a bunch of whiney whimps - if it bugs you that much, just fix it, Sally. Can you turn a wrench or are your manicured fingers to good for that too?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by King335i View Post
    If you haven't totally given up on life then you should care RudyR1999. My BMW never did any of that crap, why does my Cadillac? Thankfully GM stepped up to the plate and fixed my wheel clicking problem by giving me a nice set of 2-piece rotors.
    Agreed! These are little stupid things that shouldn't be happening at all. And I'm almost hoping my clicking comes back the same time I'm due for pads so I can get the 2-piece rotors, but it's been over 5K miles and nothing yet. Even with all the brake dust.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

Can anyone expain why some cars have the supercharger "rattle" and others don't? Machining tolerances, assembly technique? My engine doesn't rattle but it does rumble.

Jud
    Jud

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    Can anyone expain why some cars have the supercharger "rattle" and others don't? Machining tolerances, assembly technique? My engine doesn't rattle but it does rumble.

Jud

Rich Browne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

[QUOTE=smackdownCTSV;2971412][COLOR="Silver"]

----------

I can't even respond to that awesome post. Really?

[QUOTE=Rich Browne;2971653]
    Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    [COLOR="Silver"]

----------

I can't even respond to that awesome post. Really?

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Are you kidding me? Over a noise. Perhaps you guys all need a few more activities. Take a long look in the mirror and think to yourself - wow, the geeks really have won the world. What a bunch of whiney whimps - if it bugs you that much, just fix it, Sally. Can you turn a wrench or are your manicured fingers to good for that too?
    A noise, eh? Well you are obviously too effin lazy to ready the entire thread. Some folks have reported having their superchargers fail and/or replaced as a result of this "annoying noise" that you and your old lady seem to enjoy. Please by all means continue to enjoy this nasty rattle, but I won't stand for it. And if you don't have a rattle, then go $hit in someone's thread.But really bro, I wrench on all my cars the same. If you are looking for an e-fight then go back to priusforums.com.
    ABest62 and ABest62 like this.

SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post

Jud
    They *ALL* rattle at some point, it's inevitable and unavoidable given the design. The hardened steel spring is designed to eat into the supercharger shaft, which causes rattling. There was a post from a GM engineer confirming this. GM doesn't care and goes so far as to have some service techs say that it's supposed to sound like that. In a $70,000 vehicle.

Whether the owner hears/notices the rattle is the issue. They all wear and they all rattle. Mine started at less than 1000-miles.

It's sad and embarassing that GM is assembling a fake "list" via their customer service reps, as though they will do anything at all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LV_V View Post
    A noise, eh? Well you are obviously too effin lazy to ready the entire thread. Some folks have reported having their superchargers fail and/or replaced as a result of this "annoying noise" that you and your old lady seem to enjoy. Please by all means continue to enjoy this nasty rattle, but I won't stand for it. And if you don't have a rattle, then go $hit in someone's thread.But really bro, I wrench on all my cars the same. If you are looking for an e-fight then go back to priusforums.com.
    I assume you have replaced your isolator already? How was the wear? Could you post some pictures? If mine makes any noise, which it doesn't, I'll replace the isolator. By the way I'm not your bro, brough or brah. Nor would I sue over a noise. Bet you have some really nice Craftsman tools, too.

I assume you have replaced your isolator already? How was the wear? Could you post some pictures? If mine makes any noise, which it doesn't, I'll replace the isolator. By the way I'm not your bro, brough or brah. Nor would I sue over a noise. Bet you have some really nice Craftsman tools, too.
    There are plenty of pics in this thread explaining the wear and showing pics of it too.

If you don't hear the rattle, your age is really showing.

Quote Originally Posted by smackdownCTSV View Post
    There are plenty of pics in this thread explaining the wear and showing pics of it too.

If you don't hear the rattle, your age is really showing.
    Oh, that must be it, hard of hearing. I though it was cause I was busy driving and enjoying the car. Seems like SO many here think this is such an expensive exotic supercar...as they wax it and wipe down the engine compartment. Come on, it's a bad ass mid priced muscle car. There are going to be some development issues - none of you should every drive a 60's muscle car, your pampers couldn't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal_V View Post
    They *ALL* rattle at some point, it's inevitable and unavoidable given the design. Whether the owner hears/notices the rattle is the issue.
    Thanks for the explanation of why the rattle, but I would still like to know why some don't rattle. My hearing is fine and all I hear is the V8 rumble. My car is approaching 59,000 miles so when should I expect the rattle?

Jud
    Jud

tbauer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTSV Sedan 651HP/644TQ

Well I know my S/C was replaced under warranty around 21-23k (don't remember and Im to lazy to check) and my new one rattled as well. I could easily here it in my shop when i pulled in and let it idle. I wouldn't say it was obnoxious but obvious to me.

heres the link to a great video of the rattle for those that missed it before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRR4jLgf6MQ

To Jud,
    Did you purchase your car new or used? If used its possible the coupler could have been replaced with out any other mods.

I am the original owner and the car is totally stock.

Jud
    Jud

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.