2011 v wagon production numbers - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2011 v wagon production numbers in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hello all, I apologize that this response is a day later than Katie had anticipated. I carried on in her ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2011 v wagon production numbers

Hello all,

I apologize that this response is a day later than Katie had anticipated. I carried on in her investigation and unfortunately, we are only be able to get production numbers for 2009 and earlier from the resources we have available to us. I will place a call over to that resource center on Monday (they are closed on the weekends, unfortunately) just to make sure that they don't have any new information.

Regards,
    Sarah (in for Katie)
    Cadillac Customer Service
    M5eater, M5eater, FLTRI and 1 others like this.

elphil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon

We appreciate the effort Sarah and Katie.

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by elphil View Post
    We appreciate the effort Sarah and Katie.
    Agreed...

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Good morning, and happy Monday.
    I called over to our resource center and confirmed that they don't have that information available as of yet. I wish I could get those numbers for you, but am at the end of my resources.

Regards,
    Sarah (In for Katie)
    Cadillac Customer Service
    M5eater and M5eater like this.

ChicagoV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BD Wagon

There is another thread running on a related topic- how many black diamond cars were produced during 2011- and a member here came back with a total number of 577 from a person he called a very reliable inside source. I asked him if the same source can get the numbers that we are looking for. I still don't know why it is so easy to see every combination of Corvette built, but why not even Cadillac Customer Service (thank you for your efforts Katie and Sarah- we love that you guys are on here helping out) can get the numbers for the V. I tried digging into the various reports that GM puts out for production from each factory, but could not find it that way either. Is there a reason that GM would not want to release the information?

M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    There is another thread running on a related topic- how many black diamond cars were produced during 2011- and a member here came back with a total number of 577 from a person he called a very reliable inside source. I asked him if the same source can get the numbers that we are looking for. I still don't know why it is so easy to see every combination of Corvette built, but why not even Cadillac Customer Service (thank you for your efforts Katie and Sarah- we love that you guys are on here helping out) can get the numbers for the V. I tried digging into the various reports that GM puts out for production from each factory, but could not find it that way either. Is there a reason that GM would not want to release the information?
    It's simple, the same reason you can't get individual numbers for the Impala, Cruze or any other GM car. It's just a Car to GM, Corvette is it's own beast, If there's one car that GM does right with, it's Corvette. We should expect that for a LONG time (if ever) for the V, even if it is a higher grade of vehicle.

ChicagoV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BD Wagon

You are probably correct, M5Eater, but the V cars have the same halo effect that the Corvette does and has a fan base that is just as passionate (although much smaller and without the huge history and tradition, I know), and there are a lot of people on here who never had a GM car or even looked at them until the V. So, maybe one day, we can hope...

M5eater is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    You are probably correct, M5Eater, but the V cars have the same halo effect that the Corvette does and has a fan base that is just as passionate (although much smaller and without the huge history and tradition, I know), and there are a lot of people on here who never had a GM car or even looked at them until the V. So, maybe one day, we can hope...
    All true, however, The V doesn't have 60 years of fan base and infastructure to support nerds like us. That's why we don't have this info, why V2's are built on the same line as every other CTS, and why we don't have any performance parts aside from 2 piece rotors.

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Actually the VIN has the engine code and body style. I don't see how it is that difficult to at least filter by engine code first to capture all the V's and then by body style (sedan, coupe and wagon). Obtaining a complete VIN list for all CTS vehicles and filtering is a matter of just a few minutes. To include all options might be a little more labor intensive but can be done the same way. Don't know for sure, but I believe that production numbers have to be reported to NHTSA under the Tread Act. Maybe the numbers are in that report??

brickfrenzy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

How is it that a writer for Motor Trend can get data on V wagon production for a video (he says 447), and actual Cadillac employees can't? That doesn't make sense to me.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...3_head_2_head/

SoCal_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan - diamond white / graphite wheels

Quote Originally Posted by brickfrenzy View Post
    How is it that a writer for Motor Trend can get data on V wagon production for a video (he says 447), and actual Cadillac employees can't? That doesn't make sense to me.
    Makes sense to me; it's all about who you know.

dcc8203 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 V-Wagon on order

All I know is that this info was available for the Pontiac G8 soon after the GXP production run ended in 2009, so I can't see why this is so hard to get.

V Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon-Raven Black, manual, satin graphite wheels

Need someone in waranty to ask, they would have to know the production since everything is broken into incidents per thousand vehicles.

elphil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon

I heard they are going to make 556 V-Wagons and that's it.

burt99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11 cts-v wagon

Quote Originally Posted by elphil View Post
    I heard they are going to make 556 V-Wagons and that's it.
    Where did you get that info Elphil?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.