Weather alerts on NAV system
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Weather alerts on NAV system in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; One thing I noticed on my CTS-V, that wasn't on the previous CTS, is the capability to receive weather alerts ...
    carterb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS,DI gray,prem (sold); 2012 CTS-V sedan, gray, auto

Weather alerts on NAV system

One thing I noticed on my CTS-V, that wasn't on the previous CTS, is the capability to receive weather alerts through the navigation system. I'll get a message on my DIC about a particular weather alert, and when I push the NAV up button, it shows "severe thunderstorm or flood warning, xyz county", etc. I'm not sure where this info comes from - is it through the XM radio system, onstar, other, part of the XM Traffic?, etc. It's really pretty cool. When I talked with an XM rep about my radio, they weren't sure about where it comes from. I can't find anything in the manuals either.

Anyone else get these messages on their NAV system? Any more info ?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
    It's part of the XM Traffic Alerts subscription...

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Weather alerts on NAV system

It's probably temporary, unless you spend the money to update the subscription.

carterb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS,DI gray,prem (sold); 2012 CTS-V sedan, gray, auto

The thing the puzzles me is that the sales/service agent I talked to at XM radio didn't even know about it ..... (?)

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    That is weird. Because its just another item they rake you on unless you hardball...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Nothing new my friend.

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

Yeah, it's part of the XM "Traffic and Weather" option they charge extra for. (It looks like they've got a special where you can buy 5 months of it for $20, if you're adding it to an existing XM radio package. Details are here: http://www.siriusxm.com/navweather)

The problem seems to be, there are only a few vehicles around that support it, so their own reps don't usually seem to know much about it. Sometimes they'll even argue with you about your car supporting it.

Quote Originally Posted by carterb View Post
    One thing I noticed on my CTS-V, that wasn't on the previous CTS, is the capability to receive weather alerts through the navigation system. I'll get a message on my DIC about a particular weather alert, and when I push the NAV up button, it shows "severe thunderstorm or flood warning, xyz county", etc. I'm not sure where this info comes from - is it through the XM radio system, onstar, other, part of the XM Traffic?, etc. It's really pretty cool. When I talked with an XM rep about my radio, they weren't sure about where it comes from. I can't find anything in the manuals either.

Anyone else get these messages on their NAV system? Any more info ?

Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.