Can't decide, any advice...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Can't decide, any advice... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So I'm in a search for the perfect used CTS-V. I been reading all these threads about how great recaros ...
    xmaciek82x is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Can't decide, any advice...

So I'm in a search for the perfect used CTS-V.

I been reading all these threads about how great recaros are. I want them, my last 2 cars had recaro seats. I found a used CTS-V with VERY low miles for a great price without recaro seats. My question is, will I regret buying the CTS-V without the recaros? All other CTS-Vs that I'm interested in with the recaro seats are about $5k more. It would be nice to save the $5k, and have a CTS-V with very low miles.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Re: Can't decide, any advice...

Recaros are a $3400 option on the current CTS-V's. They are beautiful seats and most people who have them love them. The only criticism I've seen on these threads is that is takes some time to get them adjusted "just right", but once they are, they're fine. I have the stock seats in my '12 and find them very comfortable. I don't think you could go wrong either way!

xmaciek82x is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Red CTS-V View Post
    Recaros are a $3400 option on the current CTS-V's. They are beautiful seats and most people who have them love them. The only criticism I've seen on these threads is that is takes some time to get them adjusted "just right", but once they are, they're fine. I have the stock seats in my '12 and find them very comfortable. I don't think you could go wrong either way!
    Yea, I know it is a $3400 option, but in the used car market, and what CTS-Vs are currently for sale, I'm looking at about a $5k difference in price.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    All I can say is get your butt in each and decide if you want to pay more. Retrofitting is not an option...

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Well, retrofitting is an option, but a very expensive one. I'm still looking for Recaros from junked Vs to put in my car.

As Jim says, get your butt in each seat and decide. If you love the Recaros at first blush, then you will not be happy without them, and you should pay up to be happy. OTOH, I happen to have the regular seats, they are frankly just fine, and the wear is OK after daily use for three years. It's simply not worth the effort of trading my car for a Recaro car after all this time, especially since I lucked out and got a reasonably reliable V.

If you do a Google search of this site, you will see many epic battles on whether the regular seats or the Recaros are better.

Recaros = better.

haha

Captain McFunk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 DW CTS-V Sedan

Well look at it this way, if you never sit in the recaros, you'll never know what you're missing

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I doubt you'll miss them for the price differential you're dealing with.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Plus, they have the heating ND cooling option. No reason wouldn't get them.

SilveRT8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 V-Wagon

Did a 14 hour ride/day recently with the Recaros, they were comfy all day long.
    At 6' and 230 lbs, I have all the bolsters open all the way and this does the trick for me.

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV

How much would it be to retrofit ANY sport seats into the V, not necessarily V specific Recaro's?
    Can't imagine that would cost 5k...

Wannago is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, Black, Auto

I have the Recaros in my V, and was given a 2011 Wagon (not a V) with the standard seats as a service loaner. Hated them! You sit "on" them not "in" them...I guess they're suitable in a Caddy if you're 65 yrs old and never exceed the posted speed limit, but in a performance car like the V, they are completely out of place.

SecretWeapon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Sedan, M6, Silver/Ebony

If you have a bad back go with the Recaro's. If your back does not bother you go with the standard seats. If you are under 225 pounds do the Recaro's. If you are over 225 pounds go with the standard seats. If you do not want to second guess yourself, get the Recaro's and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannago
    I have the Recaros in my V, and was given a 2011 Wagon (not a V) with the standard seats as a service loaner. Hated them! You sit "on" them not "in" them...I guess they're suitable in a Caddy if you're 65 yrs old and never exceed the posted speed limit, but in a performance car like the V, they are completely out of place.
    I've rented a handful of CTSs and have puta couple thousand miles in those seats. They don't feel uncomfortable, necessarily, but they don't feel great after a long drive. You definitely sit on, rather than in, them.

The Recaros are great for a bad back and you don't have to be svelt to enjoy them...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed
    I doubt you'll miss them for the price differential you're dealing with.
    The price difference is partially mitigated by the resale value bump you get...

BigDog001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Black Diamond V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWeapon
    If you have a bad back go with the Recaro's. If your back does not bother you go with the standard seats. If you are under 225 pounds do the Recaro's. If you are over 225 pounds go with the standard seats. If you do not want to second guess yourself, get the Recaro's and be done with it.
    Hey - I am 6'6" and close to 290lbs - I have the Recaro's and love them. They are totally comfortable for me, and yes I have found the settings that work for me. I would miss them if I did not have them (obviously since I know what they are like!)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.