How about Nevada?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How about Nevada? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Does anyone know if NV has smog registration tests that will pass my V's LPE package and Vette Docs AR ...
    chopmeat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

How about Nevada?

Does anyone know if NV has smog registration tests that will pass my V's LPE package and Vette Docs AR headers?
    Is it as bad as Cali? Or better?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ABest62 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V, 6M

Re: How about Nevada?

Quote Originally Posted by chopmeat View Post
    Does anyone know if NV has smog registration tests that will pass my V's LPE package and Vette Docs AR headers?
    Is it as bad as Cali? Or better?
    Vegas is the only town in Nevada that requires smog testing (Clark County). That is why I have my cars registered and insured in Northern Nevada,, cheaper insurance and no smog test =

oh, wow, that's good info, thanks man!

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

It should pass even in Clark County as long as the OBD II doesn't throw a code...

Yeah but I have AR long tube headers.

They seldom even open the hood on an OBD II car. Just plug in and read the computer. No code = pass...

Quote Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
    They seldom even open the hood on an OBD II car. Just plug in and read the computer. No code = pass...
    ya, when I bought my V2, I had to have it shipped to Vegas from MD,, and the dealership made me pay for Clark County registration.. Had to get smogged,, was sure it wouldnt pass, but like FLTRI said,, no code = pass.. The guy at the smog place had no idea that my car wasnt supposed to be that loud..lol It was a little place on the corner of Pecos and Sunset next to Robertos..

Abest62, do you have long tube headers?

Abest62, do you have long tube headers?
    stock manifolds for now, but the cats are gutted by the previous owner,, at least I am assuming by the smell and how freaking loud the car is.. My Cobra has long tubes and no cats and has a similar stench and audible volume.. Its not the long tubes you have to worry about,, its the cats,,, if you get LTs with high flow cats you shouldnt even have to tune out the CEL/code. LTs without cats are a different story,, you will throw a code right away and that is what they will see with the OBD II tie in..

I have a buddy with a Z06 that is heavily modified. Heads, cam, headers, X-pipe, CAI, no cats, tune, etc... It's wicked fast, very loud and obvious to even the casual observer that it ain't a stock Corvette.

He passes every year without any drama at all...

Do you know where your buddy takes the Z06?
    And yes, I have high flow cats.

Do you know where your buddy takes the Z06?
    And yes, I have high flow cats.
    Not specifically, buy I'm sure he just hits a Jiffy Smog near his house, as do I. Every time I smog a car all they do is plug into the OBD port and check to see if the gas cap is in place. 90 seconds later I have the print out. They send the results directly to Carson City, I go home and renew online...

Like I said earlier, if your not throwing any codes (check engine light not on) you'll be fine...

Be warned though, Nevada has no state tax, but they make up for it in license plate fees. My V was $1110.00 to register the first time. Ouch...

I sent my buddy an email just to double check. Here's what he said...

Me: Do you have any issues getting your smog test done on the Z06 with all the mods? If so, how do you get around it???

Reply: No issues. It passed every time. That was one of the conditions I imposed when I had the mod's done. Usually Gil (who did my tuning) can force the engine parameters enough to make it work. I think the biggest problems occur with very aggressive cams.

Quote Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
    I sent my buddy an email just to double check. Here's what he said...

Me: Do you have any issues getting your smog test done on the Z06 with all the mods? If so, how do you get around it???

Reply: No issues. It passed every time. That was one of the conditions I imposed when I had the mod's done. Usually Gil (who did my tuning) can force the engine parameters enough to make it work. I think the biggest problems occur with very aggressive cams.
    My V has the redline motorsports stage 4 treatment with a moderately aggressive cam and I passed smog,,, dont remember the exact cam specs,, somewhere in the .630/.660 range.. She was loping pretty good at the smog place, so I was worried..lol The guy knew absolutely nothing about the CTS-V..

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by ABest62 View Post
    ya, when I bought my V2, I had to have it shipped to Vegas from MD,, and the dealership made me pay for Clark County registration.. Had to get smogged,, was sure it wouldnt pass, but like FLTRI said,, no code = pass.. The guy at the smog place had no idea that my car wasnt supposed to be that loud..lol It was a little place on the corner of Pecos and Sunset next to Robertos..
    I live a quarter mile from there!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.