How about Nevada? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How about Nevada? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Great info! $1110 bucks???? Is that what I'm in for? Holy crap!...
    chopmeat is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: How about Nevada?

Great info! $1110 bucks???? Is that what I'm in for? Holy crap!

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by chopmeat View Post
    Great info! $1110 bucks???? Is that what I'm in for? Holy crap!
    Yeah, and if you think you are going to beat the system by not paying California sales tax, think again. The DMV will hit you with an additional 8.1% of MSRP on top of the $1110.00 registration fees. I bought a Harley in Utah, and didn't pay the Utah sales tax. They got me when I registered it here. Double Ouch...

It's Nevada's little Thank You for not paying state income tax...

Caderac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Does anyone know if NV has smog registration tests that will pass my V's LPE package and Vette Docs AR headers?
    Is it as bad as Cali?
    Then there is that other little pesky problem, which is if CA nails you for registering in NV to avoid Cali's smog laws and registration fees. I watched a doctor's MBZ in the commercial complex I worked in get seized. Took it away on a roll-back. He got it back after he paid up some huge $$$ for civil and criminal penalties.
    He thought he out smarted them by registering it in Oregon just to avoid CA's high tag fees and sales tax. They had the last laugh. FWIW

Naw, I've been doing that for years. I travel around constantly and I have homes in NY and CA. Places in FLA too. I'm a musician.
    I don't think there's any sales tax, because my car is an '09, this wasn't just purchased.

What about tint and no front plate? Anyone figure out how to keep that going?
    I had a motorized front plate, but after bottoming out ripped it right off! lol

ABest62 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V, 6M

What about tint and no front plate? Anyone figure out how to keep that going?
    I had a motorized front plate, but after bottoming out ripped it right off! lol
    I've gotten nailed for no front plate twice, but only by HP. It doesnt help if you have the little screw holes,, if not you can use the excuse "it didnt come with provisions for a front plate when I bought it",, there is some law stating that if your car wasnt designed to have a front plate then you are exempt,, but that is pretty open to interpretation.
    I just put the plate back on, have a cop sign it off, pay a small fine if need be then immediately take it back off. Did this same thing in AZ with mud-flap tickets. NV doesnt give a shit about mud-flaps..

JetFuelOnly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

My GTP has passed smog for the past 10 years. Loping cam idle, headers, intake, NO EGR system...just have the codes turned off and you pass!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.