Just picked up my export v ... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Just picked up my export v ... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by DPL Why are the emblems on the rear backwards?? They're not. The '09s had the V on ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DPL
    Why are the emblems on the rear backwards??
    They're not. The '09s had the V on the left side. '10s to current have them on the right...

----------

Oh, and I hate the clear tails. Look ricey and I HATE how they contrast with the red 3rd brake light.

LFTW8S is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 "BD" CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V (Traded), 2007 Escalde (Sold)

Re: Just picked up my export v ...

Not a fan of the clears but kinda like the lower red led bars. Anyone know how/when they come on? Is there a GM part number where I can grab them from my local caddy dealer? Thanks

Tampa2Dubai is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by LFTW8S View Post
    Not a fan of the clears but kinda like the lower red led bars. Anyone know how/when they come on? Is there a GM part number where I can grab them from my local caddy dealer? Thanks
    LFTW8S,

They're the rear fog lights, GM part number is 9015554/901556 for left & right ... im pretty sue you can get them in the states. cheers

Q8 6.2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS/V

The part number you provided for right and left is for the small reflectors the center section is one pice..

Nice car bro the clear looks like sheeeet on black cars I like them on white and other light color cars But on black cars makes the car look smaller looks like a V6 Cts here is pic of my car with gray tint Looks lovely

ABest62 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V, 6M

I personally love the extra long spot for the rear license plate on the export,,, just looks more proportional.. Have always liked the euro-type plate better,, maybe cause it's different,, hmm?? If I lived there my whole life I might like the US version better, who knows..lol.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa2Dubai View Post
    Hey Guys,

Newbie, just picked up my '12 V sedan and love the car!

Just wanted your opinion, we get the export spec cars here with clear rear lights and amber turn signals, im not sure if i like them... cant decide whether to change to red, tint or leave as they are??? What you'll think?

Also, interestingly the export cars are rated at 564hp, i presume this is because they can run on 98 gas??

Cheers

Attachment 86559Attachment 86560Attachment 86561
    Tampa2Dubai,
    I dont know much about this, but it looks like you have a low plate number.. A friend of mine has a brother-in-law over there and he was trying to get a low number plate for some crazy amount of money,, like 30,000 AED (something like 7-8K US or so).. Is this true? Lower # = more $$?? Does it have to do with the letter in front also? Just curious..

Nice car by the way,, I vote for a light tint at least on those tail lights.. Looks kinda ricey like the altezzas for civics, integras, etc back in the 90s.. I did the spray on smoke,, maybe that will work,, looks great on red lenses,, but might be a risk on clear..

Tampa2Dubai is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by ABest62 View Post
    I personally love the extra long spot for the rear license plate on the export,,, just looks more proportional.. Have always liked the euro-type plate better,, maybe cause it's different,, hmm?? If I lived there my whole life I might like the US version better, who knows..lol.

----------

Tampa2Dubai,
    I dont know much about this, but it looks like you have a low plate number.. A friend of mine has a brother-in-law over there and he was trying to get a low number plate for some crazy amount of money,, like 30,000 AED (something like 7-8K US or so).. Is this true? Lower # = more $$?? Does it have to do with the letter in front also? Just curious..

Nice car by the way,, I vote for a light tint at least on those tail lights.. Looks kinda ricey like the altezzas for civics, integras, etc back in the 90s.. I did the spray on smoke,, maybe that will work,, looks great on red lenses,, but might be a risk on clear..

Yeah, this tends to be true, this number is only an old number, not worth alot, but some numbers do fetch stupid money especially of there double or triple digits eg. 777.

Think im gonna change them for the US spec red tail lights, the cops here dont like tint on lights apparently...

Anyone know where i can get some ?? or wanna swap?

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Congrats on ur new V.

Try looking on ebay for a set of US spec taillights if nobody wants to trade.

SecretWeapon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Sedan, M6, Silver/Ebony

Congratulations on your new whip!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.