Using Spotify & Pandora in the V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Using Spotify & Pandora in the V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I purchased an iPhone 4S specifically for this car so I could change Pandora tracks and stations while driving. Unfortunately ...
    TWD3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V Coupe, '09 Escalade

Re: Using Spotify & Pandora in the V

I purchased an iPhone 4S specifically for this car so I could change Pandora tracks and stations while driving. Unfortunately it's not working. Could the ios version on my phone be to blame?

By the easy I use an Android on my regular account and much prefer the functionality of its os over Apple. I too wish Android worked w the V infotainment system. Currently Android and iPhone function the same in my V.

AussiePete is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

I've used this fix on other GM cars but as I am still looking for a manual Vagon I can't test myself. Can someone with an Android phone (likely on Jelly Bean or ICS) open system settings, go to Developer options, and enable USB Debugging? Then connect USB and see if you get sound and interface control? If not you'll have to wait for me to find a V and take a crack at writing an app for it. Seems like there's a decent market for it.
    IBMike and IBMike like this.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by AussiePete View Post
    I've used this fix on other GM cars but as I am still looking for a manual Vagon I can't test myself. Can someone with an Android phone (likely on Jelly Bean or ICS) open system settings, go to Developer options, and enable USB Debugging? Then connect USB and see if you get sound and interface control? If not you'll have to wait for me to find a V and take a crack at writing an app for it. Seems like there's a decent market for it.
    Nope does not work, that was the first thing I tried was enabling USB Debugging. The message I get on my phone tells me to download Kies and I tried that and it still does not work. I've pretty much run out of ideas, but then again I'm no computer wiz kid. I'd love to see somebody figure someway of getting an andriod to work with this system so I could control the phone streaming audio via the head unit and see songs and titles and artist on the screen. I really debated on getting an iphone just for this reason but I just liked the Galaxy S3 too much plus seems like when I'm streaming music it cuts out and comes on again in certain areas around where I live, drives me bonkers. Only thing I can figure is crappy cell phone towers not able to handle the cell phone traffic so they try to drive people who are streaming crazy so they will think better of it.

I called GM today for answers as to why I do not have the control of Pandora in AUX on my '13 CTS V. I was eventually transferred to the "Infontainment Department" and learned that the General discontinued support for Pandora / iPhone control in all '13 CTS V's. Any thoughts as to why GM would remove software in the infotainment system for iPhone / Pandora control?

AussiePete is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by TWD3 View Post
    I called GM today for answers as to why I do not have the control of Pandora in AUX on my '13 CTS V. I was eventually transferred to the "Infontainment Department" and learned that the General discontinued support for Pandora / iPhone control in all '13 CTS V's. Any thoughts as to why GM would remove software in the infotainment system for iPhone / Pandora control?
    "discontinued support" is a fancy way of saying they're just not updating the infotainment system to keep up with iphone IOS. I'm 100% certain if you are still running a older IOS version on an itoy it will still integrate just fine. To me this is one of the biggest issues today in the automotive industry, the should be making these cars with modular, upgrade-able infotainment systems so a brand new car doesn't have system in it from 5 years ago.

""discontinued support" is a fancy way of saying they're just not updating the infotainment system to keep up with iphone IOS"

Perhaps. I think I'll start a thread asking people to list the iOS versions they're using when playing Pandora. My guess, with CUE in the new ATS and out soon in the new CTS the General wanted to further differentiate the '13 CTSs from next gen ATS and CTS. Having driven an ATS for 4 weeks while my new CTS was at the dealer I can tell you the only good thing about CUE is Pandora Radio support from the cockpit.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

I don't use Pandora, but I can say that my '11 V still works fine with my iPhone 5 running the latest iOS. "Discontinuing support" wouldn't cause it to stop working in the '13s, they would have had to intentionally block it from working, and then update the firmware in the head unit of the '13s. I can't think of any reasons why they would intentionally block support for Pandora though, doing that makes no sense.

Part of the issue is that when these units were developed the iPhone had only been out for a year - maybe even less - and Android didn't even exist. I don't believe GM is intentionally making it more difficult, I just think they only had very rudimentary iPhone support because it was a new platform. For that matter I don't think Pandora for iOS existed at that time either. The fact that it works at all is sort of a miracle.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Maybe try other radios like Slacker or Spotify. I'm surprised to hear the problems with the Iphone, I just assumed the system would work fine and recognize the Iphone.

asilver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ariel Atom 2007 Lexus GS 350 WTB CTS-V

I just picked up my V and got the iphone specific cable.

when I plug it in I've tried everything in this thread, the system shows "scanning" then it says, the usb is not supported for this device, thoughts?

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by asilver View Post
    I just picked up my V and got the iphone specific cable.

when I plug it in I've tried everything in this thread, the system shows "scanning" then it says, the usb is not supported for this device, thoughts?
    Mine does the same thing, then it plays just fine. Software glitch, I suspect...

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV
    I use Pandora with my iPhone 4S, which works fine.
    The only problem is when I try to skip tracks with the steering wheel controls, it goes out of Pandora and into the music stored on my phone.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Quote Originally Posted by TWD3 View Post
    My guess, with CUE in the new ATS and out soon in the new CTS the General wanted to further differentiate the '13 CTSs from next gen ATS and CTS.
    Inaction is far more likely than action. Cadillac thinks CUE is awesome and wouldn't go out of their way to decontent pre-CUE vehicles.

No need for conspiracy theories -- don't assume malice when simple incompetence will suffice.

asilver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ariel Atom 2007 Lexus GS 350 WTB CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by shchow View Post
    I use Pandora with my iPhone 4S, which works fine.
    The only problem is when I try to skip tracks with the steering wheel controls, it goes out of Pandora and into the music stored on my phone.
    try going into the ipod music app by double clicking the home screen and killing the app, that should get it to stop exiting pandora and reverting to the ipod music.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
    Mine does the same thing, then it plays just fine. Software glitch, I suspect...
    I found a few more posts where other owners have said the ebay cables simply don't work, so I got a refund from them and bought the GM part from amzaon.

PeteK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 1972 Eldorado Convertible

While Pandora and Spotify both work with my Ipod Touch (4G). I get occasional frustrating 'USB COMMUNICATIONS ERROR' messages that pop up, which kicks the selected input over to the radio. I'm trying to understand if this is a software or hardware issue, as I think I've seen it while using the Ipod as a normal Ipod music device and even once while using a USB key inserted directly in the USB connector.

Any reports on this would be very helpful.

Thanks!
    -Peter

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

I see that sometimes too. Unplug device, plug it back in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.