normal clutch feel on manuals - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, normal clutch feel on manuals in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I'm at about 3200 miles now, and mine has pretty much gone away. It's definitely not buttery smooth, but it ...
    JTinCA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon MT6 - 645 rwhp / 653 ft-lb

Re: normal clutch feel on manuals

I'm at about 3200 miles now, and mine has pretty much gone away. It's definitely not buttery smooth, but it no longer feels broken or unbalanced. I'd say "unrefined".

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by AuxNuke View Post
    Hate to dredge up a month old thread but...

I just picked up my 2012 M6 Coupe and the vibration / shimmy in first gear is VERY bad. Its next to impossible to slowly launch the car without the clutch vibrating, no matter what the revs. I guess trip back to the dealer is in order. This does not happen when shifting slowly in any other gear with the exception of reverse where there is a mild vibration. Has anyone had this issue permanently corrected by the dealer? Thanks in advance.

- Aux
    AuxNuke, I apologize for not seeing this thread sooner! Have you had a chance to consult your dealership about your vibration concerns yet? If you still have lingering questions after your dealer visit, please feel free to send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I can look into this further for you. I'm sorry to see you were experiencing this so shortly after purchase!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Hate to dredge up a month old thread but... I just picked up my 2012 M6 Coupe and the vibration / shimmy in first gear is VERY bad. Its next to impossible to slowly launch the car without the clutch vibrating, no matter what the revs. I guess trip back to the dealer is in order. This does not happen when shifting slowly in any other gear with the exception of reverse where there is a mild vibration. Has anyone had this issue permanently corrected by the dealer? Thanks in advance. - Aux
    This is normal. A couple of things to try:

- Use more revs, dig deeper into the clutch.
    - Try some varying launch techniques. More throttle, more slip, etc.
    - Clean up your clutch a little. This means REALLY slip it (using like 4K rpms) on a couple of launches.

AuxNuke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Raven Coupe 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    AuxNuke, I apologize for not seeing this thread sooner! Have you had a chance to consult your dealership about your vibration concerns yet? If you still have lingering questions after your dealer visit, please feel free to send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I can look into this further for you. I'm sorry to see you were experiencing this so shortly after purchase!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    I am taking the car in this Thursday for service. I will let you know the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by cdog533 View Post
    This is normal. A couple of things to try:

- Use more revs, dig deeper into the clutch.
    - Try some varying launch techniques. More throttle, more slip, etc.
    - Clean up your clutch a little. This means REALLY slip it (using like 4K rpms) on a couple of launches.
    Normal? Do you mean for this vehicle? I ask because all of my cars over the last 15 years have been manual and NONE of them have felt like this.

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

Normal? Do you mean for this vehicle? I ask because all of my cars over the last 15 years have been manual and NONE of them have felt like this.
    I increase the rpm slightly as soon as the clutch pedal comes off the floor, gradually increasing it as the clutch engages. This technique always gives me smooth launches. The LSA has tremendous torque and the "V" is heavy, so the clutch is probably more challenged than in other cars.

Jud

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

I have what I would consider a slightly annoying vibration comming from a stop in first gear if I don't use a lot of throttle or try to ease out with none at all, but I considered it a normal characteristic of a dual-disc clutch and an engine making 250ft/lbs torque @ 1,000 rpm. Have you owned multi-disc clutches before? I haven't so I couldn't comment on if it's a problem or not.

All I do know, is that both my B5's with heavy clutches never transistioned smoothly from a stop without some throttle.

Rich Browne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    I have what I would consider a slightly annoying vibration comming from a stop in first gear if I don't use a lot of throttle or try to ease out with none at all, but I considered it a normal characteristic of a dual-disc clutch and an engine making 250ft/lbs torque @ 1,000 rpm. Have you owned multi-disc clutches before? I haven't so I couldn't comment on if it's a problem or not.

All I do know, is that both my B5's with heavy clutches never transistioned smoothly from a stop without some throttle.
    I have posted this before. When my car is parked "nose up" the clutch is decidedly smoother on activation. If it is parked tail up it has a very catchy feel and requires greater RPM to "feel" smooth. As odd as this sounds, I always park "nose up" and am very happy with feel, ya, make me sound like a wack....

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Ya, normal for this car. My V1 had a real clunky clutch, the V2 is more solid, but harder to modulate. When it doubt, up the revs and slip the piss out of it for a clean launch.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.