2012 CTS-V Coupe Skip Shift Eliminator
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2012 CTS-V Coupe Skip Shift Eliminator in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I am new here and to Cadillac. I just purchased a new 2012 CTS-V Coupe 6 speed. The skip shift ...
    Zack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

2012 CTS-V Coupe Skip Shift Eliminator

I am new here and to Cadillac. I just purchased a new 2012 CTS-V Coupe 6 speed. The skip shift ( 1 - 4 ) is driving me nuts. Who makes a Skip Shift Eliminator for the V2 ? I have found lots of V1 ( 04 - 07 ) units but not V2 ( 09 - 12 ).

Zack

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Re: 2012 CTS-V Coupe Skip Shift Eliminator

Ted,

I'm looking for an on-line vendor, part number and a price. Not a DIY project. Of all the usual web sites none have a V2 listed. That is what I am looking for.

Zack

keithsm2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05' Stealth Gray V, UUC STS, 11 V Coupe, W. Diamond, B&B Ex

hmm....i have had my 2011 coupe for 7 months....and dont think i have run into this problem yet.....my 2005 V had the issue.....but i havent even seen the light blink with the 2011....

Keith,

It only shows up in slow traffic. I only have 400 miles on mine and its happen three times. I have fixed this problem on my Vettes with one of those plug & play units, but I can't find one for the V2. It really shocks you when you find youself in the middle of an intersection ....... in no gear ........ trying to find second gear and being blocked out of it.

Zack

junker87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon 6 speed

I have yet to run into the problem after about 900 miles. And I live in LA and I have so far been in some severe traffic where it took an hour to go 10 miles.

What RPM are you at when you shift out of first? I don't drive the Vagon any different than all my other cars, and I have never had the skip shift thing come on. I get 15mpg.

Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Yeah my v1 did this MUCH worse than the v2. The thresholds must be different. I had to remove it on my v1 but I can totally live with it on the v2 since it rarely happens.

Junker,

It is at low rpm but, I can't tell exactly because you go into panic mode finding yourself in NO gear at all. I know the solution is to up the rpm between first and second ..... but I'd rather just rid myself of this issue as I have with my Vettes. Its an easy, cheap fix ....... but I can't find the part number or vendor.

Zack

mother is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I am new here and to Cadillac. I just purchased a new 2012 CTS-V Coupe 6 speed. The skip shift ( 1 - 4 ) is driving me nuts.
    Wow I can't even seem to make the CAGS activate!

Mother,

Ohh ........ It activates all right. Its like being in a rowboat and suddenly loosing our oars. I just need help from you guys in finding a V2 ( 9 - 12 ) part.

Zack

Don't blame me if it doesn't work, but http://www.apex-speed.com/apex-motor...ator-8001.html is for the Camaro SS with TR-6060...

And http://www.speedlogixstore.com/product_p/izm993.htm is one for a Challenger with TR-6060...

Maybe someone who knows the insides can verify that there is only one solenoid part so the resistance values will be right.

Mother,

It appears that each car has its own different wiring harness connections. Its not one-size-fits-all.

Zack

keithsm2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05' Stealth Gray V, UUC STS, 11 V Coupe, W. Diamond, B&B Ex

Very annoying and stupid....not sure who thought CAGS was a good idea....But i really think the V2 is better...I think you should go back to dealer and have them check it somehow....yours seems to be way to sensitive....( maybe its in the tune somehow..?)

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Mother,

It appears that each car has its own different wiring harness connections. Its not one-size-fits-all.

Zack
    While not impossible, I think that's pretty unlikely. Has someone tried and failed to use that thing? I've never seen either transmission up close...

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I am surprised you are having a problem with it. Like who Houdini said, it was very intrusive on my 2005 CTS-V. But on my Camaro SS, I hardly ever get it. And when I do, half the time, the 1-4 pops up on the DIC but it still lets me into 2nd. Of course 90% of the time, I start in 2nd gear anyway.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.