Engine Noise - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Engine Noise in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Unitedcnf Weathering insults from Mercedes and BMW owners. Why do you care? Mine has been in numerous ...
    smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Re: Engine Noise

Quote Originally Posted by Unitedcnf View Post
    Weathering insults from Mercedes and BMW owners.
    Why do you care? Mine has been in numerous times and I happen to agree that the quality is subpar, but not everyone leaving the factory has issues. Most do, yes, but not all. And MB and BMW are no better. Our problems are stupid shit that should have been fixed by 2010 from the 2009 model. 2010 and 2011 models having the same issues are silly. Am I going to leave the CTS-V to go with a $100K BMW or MB? Nope! I doubt I could afford the insurance too.

Unitedcnf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Any suggestions for what to ask cadillac? The car has been in the shop for one month to replace the engine, replace the radio, fix the sunroof and fix the differential. The car has only 19,000 miles. I am very disappointed and am wondering what more can go wrong. Any ideas? I was thinking about selling the car and getting something else.

----------

I agree. I cannot buy a foreign vehicle. I know from experience that the LS engines are bullet proof. Unfortunately, I got the one with a bad piston ring. As my brother said, this is an isolated incident. If there a lot of bad piston rings in the LS engines, corvettes would be having the same problems.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Sounds like you got a lemon. I have had none of the problems you mention other than the diff groan, which was addressed by fluid change. I just hit 32k miles yesterday and am still impressed at how relatively trouble free my car has been. Then again...I keep saying that 2009 seems to be the high mark for this car in terms of quality. I see relatively few complaints from 2009 owners as compared to the later years. It could be because there are simply more Vs out there.

I have to verify the following:
    50 psi at startup
    30 psi at normal idle (at stop light)
    40 psi at 70mph
    Spirited:???

Latest from the dealership. New engine was installed, test drove it and the clutch had to be replaced. Waiting for a new radio and the differential fluid to be changed because of a groaning noise. In contact with Cadillac to buy back the vehicle. Very disappointed. Hopefully Cadillac returns with a decent off

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Ouch. Seems like they gave you a bad one.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Do you have your case number from working with customer service? I would like to look into this for you.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

Hi Brenner,

I do not have the case number. I just met with two Cadillac representatives and the general manager for the dealership. We are attempting to negotiate a buy back that is equitable and puts me in a new car. Unfortunately, I took most of the initiative in talking to customer service and scheduling the meeting today. I expressed my disappointment with Cadillac Customer Service. I will see what happens with my counter offer. I want to remain a loyal client but also want the gravity of my situation understood.

The engine has been replaced but the radio and differential need to be addressed.

Charlie

Cadillac bought my CTS V sedan back and I purchased a CTS-V coupe. At 6,433 miles, my coupe decided to pop out of gear (manual) at 65mph on the highway. My buddy and I could not get the car back in gear. Luckily we rolled into a break down lane at a construction site as the car came to a halt. It was a miracle we were not hit from the rear. This will be my third and last CTS-V. The first last 50,000 miles before trade in. The second lasted 19,000 miles before the engine was replaced and Cadillac bought back the car. At 6,433 miles, the coupe decided it did not want to stay in gear. My Mom's 2009 Escalade Hybrid has broken down on the highway twice. The first time under 10,000 miles.

I cannot express my disappointment with the quality of the vehicles. Image has taken over for sound mechanics. My Camaro Z28s and BMWs never had these issues so early on.

I called my Cadillac rep who handled the buyback. I am curious what his reaction will be.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I am so sorry to hear about this, Unitedcnf! I have taken over scanning this forum from Breanne (see above) and am happy to see you are already are in contact with a Cadillac representative. I can certainly understand your frustration and am hoping you're on your way to a satisfactory resolution! If you ever have questions or concerns in the meantime, however, please do feel free to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.