Guys with aftermarket wheels, got TPMS Sensor questions for anyone who can help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Guys with aftermarket wheels, got TPMS Sensor questions for anyone who can help in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have a set of 18's for the winter and i plan to throw them on this week considering CT ...
    MrMaschine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011CTSV

Guys with aftermarket wheels, got TPMS Sensor questions for anyone who can help

I have a set of 18's for the winter and i plan to throw them on this week considering CT got hit with a snow storm this weekend already.

I have sensors a friend gave me they are 315mhz aftermarket sensors made by Orange Electronics. They are brand new but my friend said he could never get them to work on his 2010 Camaro SS. Not sure why but he installed OEM sensors on his Forgeline wheels and they worked.

Is the CTSV sensor the same frequency 315mhz and will aftermarket TPMS sensors work on this car or should I sell these and buy new OEM from the dealer. I just don't want to deal with the hassle back and forth changing them and paying the tire shop to dismount and mount etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

qictrk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Guys with aftermarket wheels, got TPMS Sensor questions for anyone who can help

I have had several different after market wheels in the past and present. What I do is leave it to the tire shop to make the change. Sometime they can use the
    stock ones and others times they have to put on a after market one, but I leave it to them. The last time they did it, they carried them right in the shop. Take
    them with you to the tire shop and let them deal with it. Cecil..............

DoingOK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Guys with aftermarket wheels, got TPMS Sensor questions for anyone who can help

I bought mine from Tire Rack and didn't have a problem. Give them a call and see what they say.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I bought mine aftermarket from Tire Rack as well and I had no problems. I agree with the advice to call them.

MrMaschine is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011CTSV

Yeah Tire Rack sold me OEM sensors today much less than the dealer almost 50% less thats great. They said they don't sell aftermarket sensors anymore because they had to may issues. it makes sense to do it one and forget about it.

killer67 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V, '09 Escalade

eBay also has OEM sensors cheap (green ones)

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Quote Originally Posted by killer67 View Post
    eBay also has OEM sensors cheap (green ones)
    This is what I did, works like a charm and way cheaper too.

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    This is what I did, works like a charm and way cheaper too.
    Same here.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The 2009 and later CTS-Vs use 19" wheels. Have you checked the brake caliper clearance with the 18" wheels you say you have?

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Bringing this up from the dead, but I don't want to order the wrong sensors for my new Forgestars. From the posts above I gather that GM TPMS sensors (like those in the link below) will work just fine?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-GM-TPM...ht_1443wt_1163

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.