Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Who wins CTS-V of the month for October?

• Fireverm

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • BLitzkrieg

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • deckofficer

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • LitiGATOR

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • peso611

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Titaniumseeker

Votes: 6 17.6%

Cadillac CTS-V of the Month - October - Submit your photos (second generation only)

18K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  LitiGATOR 
#1 ·
The rules:

- Submit your best 3 images in a SINGLE post. We don't want your first two images on page 1 and your best image on page 67.
- We're voting on your vehicle. In other words, no women in bathing suits to influence votes. Don't toe the line.
- Previous winners from the past 12 months are prohibited. Let's give other owners a chance. You've already had your "glory". :eek:
- Provide information on the vehicle including modifications whether for appearance of performance.

Ready? Set? Go!

#2 ·
Here you go boys.

#3 ·
No competition? Nobody interested? I was hoping for a little jockeying back and forth now that I finally got pics with my new emblems.

#4 ·
I'll put my hat in the ring

2009 CTS-V 2.55 upper, home made intake with Amsoil Nanofiber filter, Home made mandrel stainless catback with Corsa cans, Home made Alky injection, Home made tune with HPtuners, D3 springs (no squeeks), my wife and I wrapped the car with 3M controltac vinyl matte black, ebay heat exchanger, home made carbon fiber rear diffuser, AEM wideband, 20" TSW Nurburgring in bronze, and I am sure I am forgetting something. Best ET to date is 11.42. Best trap is 126mph.

#9 ·
Some beautiful V2s in this thread. Mine has no mods to the exterior, so it's nothing special to look at. But here are a couple pics from the track (Palm Beach International Raceway) from last Friday.

#10 ·
Litigator,

Stock or not, I like that middle pic a lot.

#12 ·
Thanks a lot! I'm a very very amateur photographer that does it as a hobby and nothing more. It just so happens that cars are a great thing to photograph :)

#14 ·
Taking a stab at it with not so great pics.

2009 Sedan, Black Chrome trim/rills, CF chin spoiler; Kooks Headers, Corsa Exhaust, ATI Idler pulley, ATI Damper, ATI 9.55 pulley, Hennessey HX, Ported Heads/Blower/Snout/Throttle Body, Cam, KPE CAI lowered on Eibachs, CF interior trim,LED DRL, HID Fogs, 20" Forgeline Wheels and some other goodies:

#19 ·
I have a hunch that with as many totally stock Vs that are getting some good early voting, next month's contest will have a rather large turn out. Like me, most people who have stock appearance rides just figured to enter the contest would be a waste of time. Litagator, who says he is a non pro photographer, really caught his V's muscular stance in his 2nd picture under difficult lighting. Granted, tasteful appearance mods will score high among us, but using a artist's eye like litagator did is going to be hard to ignore.

Bob

#23 ·
"See us next month"?, not if you win this month. Those are the first good pictures of the wagon that I've seen, and they make me think I might have prefered a wagon had I seen one at the dealers.

I think closed for this month. This happened to me last month, showed up a day late.

#25 ·
Yeah, that Black Diamond can get really reflective in the right light.

I love how my hood reflected the sky here.

And how you can see the whole horizon on the passenger side in this one.

I really love this paint :)

Reactions: RippyPartsDept
#27 ·
I know, all of my latest pictures after I had my emblems redone have been pretty terrible :( Lately whenever I am out to take some pictures/video I keep finding myself to always be in a rush and I'm trying to take hurried shots in the wrong light or from the wrong angle. I really need to take some classes if I can ever find the time.

I really like the pictures in my signature but unfortunately those are from before my emblems were redone.

#28 ·
Fireverm,

That got me to look at your profile pictures. I have to ask you, with 99% of folks that use the new digital cameras on their automatic exposure mode, those 2 pictures in good light but a very selective focus tells me you chose a very fast shutter speed so that the lens needed to be opened up, so that you could do those selective focus shots. Am I close, are am I still thinking what I did during the days of film cameras? We also had the option of using very fine grain and very slow speed film, and now with digital I guess you could go the ISO setting route. Which one is correct because I like selective focus and it appears you have mastered that with digital cameras.

Bob

#29 ·
The photos in my signature were taken at ISO 100 at a quick shutter speed (don't remember what), however, it was still so bright that I could only open to somewhere around f4.0 or so. So while there was a shallow DoF, it wasn't nearly as shallow as you see here....I photoshopped them to appear so. I recently picked up some neutral density filters so we'll see if I can open that lens up to f1.4 in that bright Vegas daylight.

#30 ·
That my friends is the difference between this V forum and the generic hot rod forums I hang at, folks here know how to use their digital camera. Fireverm, were you into photography during the dark ages of film? I'm so dated, that I still think of my old 4X5 Linhof sheet film view camera as the best camera I've ever owned.

#31 ·
While I have always wanted to, by the time I had the disposable income to pick up my own kit the world had moved to digital. I then really got into it big time about 2 years ago when my son started Peewee football so now I have a ton of equipment, but precious little skill. As my wife sometimes says, I have more dollars than sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.