Time for a CTSV - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Time for a CTSV in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by JimmyH so, to summarize the above, you are hanging around here just to troll. excellent. And you ...
    e6t
    e6t is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2 CTSV

Re: Time for a CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    so, to summarize the above, you are hanging around here just to troll. excellent.

And you obviously never compared the pricetags. Hmm.
    im hardly a troll.

as ive said, i am still considering a wagon.

and OF COURSE i looked at the price... the V was intended to be a bridge from my e60 to the f10 M5 that I would unload with 10m miles on it after 2 years but I couldnt make it. I dont see how my experience could not be valuable to someone.

troll? damn.

btw, i like it here. MY car sucked, but this place is ok.

junker87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon 6 speed

Ordered the car from James Quinn, he is the best.

2012 Vagon
    Manual 6 speed
    No sunroof
    Black diamond
    Graphite wheel
    Yellow caliper
    Alcantara stering wheel and shifter
    Recaro

James said that we should get the car before Christmas!

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle

Mine's on a train to So Cal ready for a Halloween treat.

i gave Silverstar a chance but the sales manager overrode my poor salesguy with some crazy no manual ctsv policy and tried to push the slushie ctsv on th showroom on me.

Another nameless dealer tried to pocket my eva money by purposely quoting the wrong gm preferred and eva price.

I just love LA dealers, don't matter if it was cadillac, porsche, ferrari, or bmw.

DrVolkl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by junker87 View Post
    Ordered the car from James Quinn, he is the best.

2012 Vagon
    Manual 6 speed
    No sunroof
    Black diamond
    Graphite wheel
    Yellow caliper
    Alcantara stering wheel and shifter
    Recaro

James said that we should get the car before Christmas!
    When did you order??? I'm being told 3-4 months...

Well, it's been 5 trouble free months since taking delivery of the Vagon 6 speed, and my car ADD is kicking in, hard. In the last 6 years I have had 03 Turbo, 03 GT2, 08 S4 Avant, 03 M5, 11 M3, and 12 CTSV Wagon.

Last week I got rid of our 2011 M3 sedan. Someone took over the lease and came and drove the car away. BMWFS really has the process down. I started the process on Monday with the new lessor, and on Thursday got an email from BMWFS saying that the car can now be surrendered to the new lessor. Wow.

The M3 is going to be replaced by a red or yellow 04 or 05 GT3. Last of the no traction control dry sump block racing motor GT3 before they go to this POS 9A1 non racing motor.

This brings up the Vagon.

Love the power, love the fact that it has been trouble free and have not seen the inside of a dealer in 4500 miles since new. But, both the mrs and I miss having a nice and pristine E39 M5 in our fleet, and as luck would have it, I found one that is very late production with less than 10K miles. A sub 10K mile E39 M5's are getting to be very difficult to find, so I need to make room and grab one before they are all gone for good.

My monthly lease payment is 799 before sales tax, hopefully it won't be too difficult to find someone to take over the lease. I will be contacting Ally to get the Vagon up for a lease transfer to free up a parking space for this M5.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    p00p

buddyg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    That's strange trading a 2012 awesome sedan for a 9 year old BMW?

sshu is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm actually a 2003 E39 M5 owner thinking of getting a Vagon, haha. How is the driving experience between the 2 besides the obvious power difference? I love my M5 also but as repair bills mount up, it's coming time to move on. What made you miss your M5 so much? I don't want to have regrets selling the M5.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    You'll never be happy with an American car. This is a "V" forum. Buy a used German whatever and move on.
    Jud

Quote Originally Posted by sshu View Post
    I'm actually a 2003 E39 M5 owner thinking of getting a Vagon, haha. How is the driving experience between the 2 besides the obvious power difference? I love my M5 also but as repair bills mount up, it's coming time to move on. What made you miss your M5 so much? I don't want to have regrets selling the M5.
    The CTSV is a modern big power sedan. Like any modern big power sedan, E60 M5, AMG E55, etc, it is big and feels heavy. Before I had the Vagon, starting from 98, I have had 97 M3 sedan, 98 M3 coupe, 2002 M3, 88 325is, 2003 Porsche Turbo, 2003 Porsche GT2, 2008 S4 Avant, 2003 M5, and 2011 M3 sedan.

The E39 M5 is no feather weight, but BMW managed to make it feel small and nimble. If you are in LA you are welcome to check out my Vagon.

It was the last 5 series that did not feel big and bulky. The E60 and the F10 just feel huge, and the CTSV was no exception.

Interior wise, the V2 while close, is still no E39 M5. The E39 M5 MSRP was 70K in 2003 (my Varon has an MSRP of 72K), and came with nice alcantara headliner, fine grain nappa leather dash and B pillar with alcantara A and C pillar. It has very nice trunk lining and mat (instead of the Chevy malibu stuff). And while the leather in the V2 is a huge improvement over the V1, heritage nappa leather this aint. And then there's the dome light surround in the V2, it is made of seriously cheap plastic with huge cheap looking buttons. Lastly, the trunk privacy cover is laughbly cheap even when compared to the bottom of the line 40K Audi A4 Avant.

These interior complains are small things. But if all you have ever had are German cars, it might bother you.

The biggest issue you have to consider is whether you are OK with the direction of modern sedans being big and heavy, regardless of brand. This more than anything is why we are moving back to a sub 10K pristine 2003 M5.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    You'll never be happy with an American car. This is a "V" forum. Buy a used German whatever and move on.
    The reason the V1 came into being was because Lutz wanted something that can compete with the E39 M5.

With the V2, it was nice enough that people who previously spend their 70 to 100K on German cars are looking this way. Like it or not, for CTSV to be on par with the Germans, small things matter. Cadillac obviously agrees with people like me who are first time owners, because they tried really hard to rectify the horrid V1 interior with the hugely improved V2 interior.

I am hopeful that by V3, the accountant who said no on things like nice leather dash, alcantara headliner, and high quality trunk covering get out voted and the engineers get to source truely nice stuff.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
    That's strange trading a 2012 awesome sedan for a 9 year old BMW?
    The E39 M5 is iconic.

This is the car that got Lutz started on the CTSV. And when a last MY less than 10K mile one popped up, I just can't say no to that.

sshu is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by junker87 View Post
    The CTSV is a modern big power sedan. Like any modern big power sedan, E60 M5, AMG E55, etc, it is big and feels heavy. Before I had the Vagon, starting from 98, I have had 97 M3 sedan, 98 M3 coupe, 2002 M3, 88 325is, 2003 Porsche Turbo, 2003 Porsche GT2, 2008 S4 Avant, 2003 M5, and 2011 M3 sedan.

The E39 M5 is no feather weight, but BMW managed to make it feel small and nimble. If you are in LA you are welcome to check out my Vagon.
    I may take you up on that offer. I'm actually located in Santa Monica. My email is ovcsearch@gmail.com and we can figure out the details. Thanks!!

ekyub is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I know the coupe wasn't on your radar but maybe that would be a better comparison to M3s, and 911s. I've owned alot of the same cars you have and I hated my B5 S4 Avant and E39M5 but loved my M3s (E46 and E90) and 9111s. I'm considering the coupe to replace my 911 because I just love the silly power of the V.

Good luck with your lease swap. It's tempting.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

The V1 is a better performance car than the E39 M5.

buddyg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

To each their own that's what makes the world go round but I would never do what you are doing. I wouldn't take a brand new BMW M5 over my V.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.