Time for a CTSV - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Time for a CTSV in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by DrVolkl Elaborate? i have a similar background to OP. i bought the CTSV because i wanted a ...
    e6t
    e6t is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2 CTSV

Re: Time for a CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by DrVolkl View Post
    Elaborate?
    i have a similar background to OP.

i bought the CTSV because i wanted a manual and a ton of power. it was the biggest piece of shit i have ever owned and i've owned some raging pieces of shit. im talking Saabs and Land Rovers...

My car was repurchased by GM and I went back to BMW. The only thing I miss is the crazy, seductive, addictive power... to the point of considering trying again... then I wake up. I will drive an f10 m5 and either go with that, a Dinan 550 xdrive or possibly an cls 63 or e63... im also considering a panamera s.

My only experience with these cars is what I read on here as well as the V I owned as well as the 2010 V my partner owns (that sucked me in in the first place) which is also an enormous piece of shit.

the car is so close to being great, but so close can also be so far.

I'd hate to see a fella get into a leased V with the hopes of it comparing to porsches, audis and bmws only to be TERRIBLY dissappointed. Cranking sideways on the highway at 70mph can only cast a shadow on awful build quality so often...

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle

I didnt buy his car cause I wanted sun shades.
    FLTRI and FLTRI like this.

junker87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon 6 speed

Well, at the end of the day, it is still a sedan. And part of the utility of any sedan is hauling people, in this case, my two small kids.

The things i mentioned in this thread are what is stopping the V2 from being a no excuse competitor to the other rwd fast manual sedans of the world.

But, since F10 M5 is vaporware right now, I am looking forward to a two year lease with the V2.

I am a car guy, no fanboi.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV View Post
    I couldn't even find a dealership in So Cal to acknowledge me. I live in Agoura" I we referred to James Quinn in Michgan and my car is being built next week with delivery early Nov. I am having it delivered to Bunnin in Oxnard cause they were the only dealer that didn't want $1000 for PDI. I work in Century City and live near Silver Star Westlake. I really havent made up my mind where I will have maintenance done. I'm 6'3" with the same inseam and have no problem with headroom with a sunroof on a coupe when I test drove one.

Mine is a Black Raven Coupe, Ebony interior, Satin Graphite wheels with yellow calipers, Recaros, sunroof, wood trim and sude wheel and knob. I'm replacing an SUV daily driver and will take turns with my 66 Chevelle for my commute.
    I am working with James now, he's really awesome.

I am realy hoping i can find a good dealer to service my V2. This is the no fun part of owning a nice car of any brand in La, where dealers can't even spell customer service...

Squirlz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond 6MT V-Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by e6t View Post

i bought the CTSV because i wanted a manual and a ton of power. it was the biggest piece of shit i have ever owned and i've owned some raging pieces of shit. im talking Saabs and Land Rovers...

My car was repurchased by GM and I went back to BMW. The only thing I miss is the crazy, seductive, addictive power... to the point of considering trying again... then I wake up. I will drive an f10 m5 and either go with that, a Dinan 550 xdrive or possibly an cls 63 or e63... im also considering a panamera s.

My only experience with these cars is what I read on here as well as the V I owned as well as the 2010 V my partner owns (that sucked me in in the first place) which is also an enormous piece of shit.

I'd hate to see a fella get into a leased V with the hopes of it comparing to porsches, audis and bmws only to be TERRIBLY dissappointed. Cranking sideways on the highway at 70mph can only cast a shadow on awful build quality so often...
    There is one of you on every car board I have ever been on. No car is perfect. Obviously lots of us like them and are not concerned with the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by junker87 View Post
    I am working with James now, he's really awesome.

I am realy hoping i can find a good dealer to service my V2. This is the no fun part of owning a nice car of any brand in La, where dealers can't even spell customer service...
    James has my car on a transport and I expect it next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirlz View Post
    There is one of you on every car board I have ever been on. No car is perfect. Obviously lots of us like them and are not concerned with the exceptions.
    BMW build quality was laughably bad in the two E36 M3's that i had. I am talking rubber window weather stripping falling out of the chassis, plastic trim piece above the glovebox falling off, and sunrof mechanism failing. The build quality of the 3 series really wasn't that good until late production E46.

My 996 GT2 and Turbo panel gaps were nothing to write home about.

The build quality of the V2 from my showroom observation is that they seem to be around that of the late E46 and E39 quality.

Certainly lemon happens in every brand, and hopefully I won't get a lemon. But to say that the V2 has awful build quality just isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV View Post
    James has my car on a transport and I expect it next weekend.
    Congrats. Please do let me know how your experience with Bunin goes. I asked James about the two nameless dealers near me for courtesy delivery and he in his funny way told me to not even think about those two.

Have you found a dealership for service yet?

Funny that you live in Agoura and work in Century City, I used to be just the opposite, live in Century City/Westwood and have an Agoura hills client. That drive from the 101 into the Westside must be brutal.

It's 60 miles round trip and I leave at 5:15 am an get there in about 35 minutes. Going home is a little more but sometimes and likely more now, I do the Coast and up Kanan. I like driving. It's therapy.

I may try out Silverstar in Westlake for service just for the convenience, but will keep a close leash. They cater to a pretty picky crowd so I am not too worried about the basics with them. I'm trying to get over to Bunnin to watch them unload and prep the car. We'll see. James is a rare breed.

e6t

i am OBVIOUSLY biased.

it wasnt that the car i owned wasnt perfect. It was a POS. I lived throught the HPFP fiasco with the N54 in a BMW. I understand flaws... also, i understand that my issues were exponentially magnified by an absolutely incompetent dealership that had no idea how to treat an enthusiast.

i maintain that the cts-v is a $30,000 glorified chevy malibu with a 556 hp motor. At the end of the day, I expected quality at or near an M5 and got nowhere close.

remember, the car is at its core, a cts... THE LOWEST MODEL CADILLAC.

There are many people on this board that didnt have the issues I had... I hope that anyone that gets this car has an experience similar to what I had hoped for.

DrVolkl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Wagon

So you're saying I'm going to miss my 997 Turbo? lol... yeah, I should have kept my 2010 S4.... but now I'm in this boat where I need a bigger car. I'm ready to take a chance and do a 2 year lease... crossing my fingers my experience is better than yours.

e6t

Quote Originally Posted by DrVolkl View Post
    So you're saying I'm going to miss my 997 Turbo? lol... yeah, I should have kept my 2010 S4.... but now I'm in this boat where I need a bigger car. I'm ready to take a chance and do a 2 year lease... crossing my fingers my experience is better than yours.
    statistically, it will be and to be honest, it wont be that hard.

good luck! as i said the car could really be a world beater...

on edit: ive considered leasing a v wagon... i figured at worst, id deal with it for 24 months and punt. my biggest concern with mine was that i was in for 70m on a car that was junk and that noone would ever buy me out of!

DrVolkl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Wagon

statistically, it will be and to be honest, it wont be that hard.

good luck! as i said the car could really be a world beater...

on edit: ive considered leasing a v wagon... i figured at worst, id deal with it for 24 months and punt. my biggest concern with mine was that i was in for 70m on a car that was junk and that noone would ever buy me out of!
    Yeah, if Audi would bring their S4 Avant here or an RS4 version, I'd be buying one of those right now. There just isn't much in the same league as the V Wagon unless you jump up to SUVs... like the X5 M or the much more expensive AMG E63 wagon. I put a $1500 deposit down on a 2012... now I just have to wait for the dealership to order it etc... at which point I'll trade my 997 in, structure a 2 year lease and put some $$ in my pocket. Sounds like I'll get it around February?

This is my first American car since my 2001 Ford Explorer Sport... I've done my best to avoid them for 10 years... I'm hoping I'm not making a mistake, but I feel it's time to give the home team another chance.

(6spd, recaros... sounds sorta European!)

e6t

the v is crazy fast and a blast to drive... i loved being able to go RIGHT THERE, RIGHT NOW. there was no opening in traffic that was too small to get into... i do miss the power on a daily (hourly) basis.

the only 4 door that ive ever driven that felt anywhere close is the new cls 63. im very interested in the f10 m5 and in fact still have a deposit on the first one set to come to my state... when that will happen has yet to be determined. im hearing march/april for delivery in the us...

btw, LOVE the new e63 wagon.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

...it was the biggest piece of shit i have ever owned...
    My car was repurchased by GM and I went back to BMW...
    I'd hate to see a fella get into a leased V with the hopes of it comparing to porsches, audis and bmws only to be TERRIBLY dissappointed..
    i am OBVIOUSLY biased.
    so, to summarize the above, you are hanging around here just to troll. excellent.

At the end of the day, I expected quality at or near an M5 and got nowhere close.
    And you obviously never compared the pricetags. Hmm.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.