Radio will not turn off (2009)CTS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Radio will not turn off (2009)CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; When I park my car and turn off the ignition the radio stays on even after I shut the door....
    thunder gray is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Radio will not turn off (2009)CTS-V

When I park my car and turn off the ignition the radio stays on even after I shut the door.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Re: Radio will not turn off (2009)CTS-V

I think I vaguely recall this before on the forum. I may be wrong but if I remember correctly, the dealership found frayed wires under the seat which was causing all sorts of havoc on the car.

If it is not that it may be a body module.

If this situation happened to me, I would disconnect the battery, wait 30 minutes and then reconnect. (Remember to open the trunk, let the car "time-out" for 25 minutes and then disconnect the battery otherwise you will trip the aux battery that keeps your onstar powered in the event of a crash and the aux battery will completely die and need to be replaced).

If that dont fix it, then it's dealership time.

Keep us updated of what the problem/solution is. I'm curious.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I think you have a problem. The radio is supposed to shut off when the driver's door is opened. I don't know about any auxiliary battery or how it is to be replaced.

JOEYCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan
    I've had this happen to me a few times. If I would open the door from the outside and turn the key to the on position and then off again it would stop. It only happens to me when I come home and I'm in a hurry to get out of the car. I forgot how I duplicated it but it's something like turning the key while you have the door open and leaving the key in the car. Maybe it thinks it's in accessory mode or something. When does it occur for you?

stabie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V wagon

Just shut/re-open the door & I think it will shut off. If it does, its the module in the door if I remember right. Happened on my 08.

JOEYCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan
    You might be right. I thought I had to cycle my ignition to turn it off. Next time it happens I'll look out for it.

thunder gray is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

It was in the accessory mode, not sure how that happened but "stabie" you were correct. Thank you!

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

'08 what? No CTS-V was made for 2008.

stabie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V wagon

08 CTS DI, but the interior even on my 11V is almost identical to the 08. In my case, it was a module problem. I never tried leaving in acc mode and opening the door to see what happened. In my case, ignition was off and the radio would stay on very intermittently when I would open the door. I still remember taking it to the dealer thinking great, like this is going to be able to be reproduced. As luck would have it, when I got out, it did it and I stood there with the door open waiting for the mechanic to come see. No way was I letting the valet close the door.

SSpray is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Same issue.
    Has a permanent solution other than cycle the ignition and open and close the door again and again (none of which is helping my car) been discovered?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by SSpray View Post
    Same issue.
    Has a permanent solution other than cycle the ignition and open and close the door again and again (none of which is helping my car) been discovered?
    Hello SSpray,

I apologize that you are experiencing the same issue with your radio staying on in your CTS-V. Have you taken your vehicle to have the dealership try and recreate it? If you would like to take it to the dealership, please private message me and I would be happy to assist you in working with them. Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by SSpray View Post
    Same issue.
    I thought this was a software issue for 2009s and was resolved long ago. Looks like it's time for a search.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Just had this problem fixed. Faulty door module. New module, no issues.

45LongColt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan

Mine will do this every time if I open the drivers side door while the engine is running and radio on. If I then turn the car off and close the door the radio is still on. I have to open the door, recycle the key, then close the door to get the radio to turn off.

Seems you need to turn the car off before opening the drivers side door while the radio is playing.

45LongColt

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Interesting. My 2010 sometimes the radio won't turn off when the door is opened. And the easy exit doesn't work when this happens. Lately, the easy exit and entry stops working sporadically and the radio sporatically doesn't turn off. Haven't been to the dealer yet. Biggest fear is not being able to duplicate the problem while at the dealership. It's due for service next month and I will have the dealer check this out.

Consensus is the door module?? Someone mentioned body module??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.