Radio will not turn off (2009)CTS-V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Radio will not turn off (2009)CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by DiamondWhtV Interesting. My 2010 sometimes the radio won't turn off when the door is opened. And the ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Radio will not turn off (2009)CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondWhtV View Post
    Interesting. My 2010 sometimes the radio won't turn off when the door is opened. And the easy exit doesn't work when this happens. Lately, the easy exit and entry stops working sporadically and the radio sporatically doesn't turn off. Haven't been to the dealer yet. Biggest fear is not being able to duplicate the problem while at the dealership. It's due for service next month and I will have the dealer check this out.

Consensus is the door module?? Someone mentioned body module??
    Hello DiamondWhtV,

I see you are taking your vehicle in for service next month. Let us know how your visit goes and if your radio issue is able to be resolved. I apologize for any inconveniences this issue is causing for you. I can be reached via private message and we can discuss any other questions or concerns you may also have.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Just to follow up. Couldn't wait until next month to get the problem resolved. Radio just wouldn't shut off no matter what I did.

Problem was a simple drivers door switch that signals everything to turn off when the door is opened with key off. Covered by the warranty, so I don't know what the cost was, but seems to me that it wouldn't be all that expensive to repair even if it wasn't covered. Had the car serviced at the same time. Great dealership!! Best service department anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondWhtV View Post
    Just to follow up. Couldn't wait until next month to get the problem resolved. Radio just wouldn't shut off no matter what I did.

Problem was a simple drivers door switch that signals everything to turn off when the door is opened with key off. Covered by the warranty, so I don't know what the cost was, but seems to me that it wouldn't be all that expensive to repair even if it wasn't covered. Had the car serviced at the same time. Great dealership!! Best service department anywhere.
    Hi DiamondWhtV,

Thank you for updating us after your recent visit to the dealership. I am happy to hear your radio issue was fixed by the dealership and covered under warranty for you. I am also glad to know you are satisfied with the dealer you worked with and they have such a great service department for you. If any other concerns or questions arise, you know how to reach us.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    Sometimes my center cluster (radio, A/C LCDs, buttons, nav) don't power on when I start the car. Cycling the ignition fixes it.

DenFo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 2010 that is outside of warranty now. Took it in to Cadillac when it was under warranty and the couldn't reproduce the problem. Now it happens every time I go to get out of the car. Do you know what sensor in the door was replaced? This could get expensive to chase....

Quote Originally Posted by DenFo View Post
    I have a 2010 that is outside of warranty now. Took it in to Cadillac when it was under warranty and the couldn't reproduce the problem. Now it happens every time I go to get out of the car. Do you know what sensor in the door was replaced? This could get expensive to chase....
    Hello DenFo,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your radio every time you get out of the car. If you do plan on taking your vehicle back to the dealership so that they can look into this situation, please feel free to private message us and we can assist you in working with the dealership. You can also reach out to us at socialmedia.com. Please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by DenFo
    It was a control module of some sort. A pretty common issue from what I've seen. I had mine replaced under warranty but I think it was a $400. repair. If need be I can try to track down the part number.

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by DenFo View Post
    Sorry I don't know what sensor or switch was replaced. But my service advisor said it was common enough that he knew what I was talking about. He didn't say how much it would have cost me, but I got the impression that it wasn't that much.

EnV
    EnV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

Does anyone have the part number for this by any chance? I am having the same problem in my 09, also read it could be a faulty door latch?

Thomas H is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Black Diamond Vsport. Sold 2010 CTS V

Had same problem on my 2010 V and was fixed under warranty a year ago. The repair order states they replaced drivers door latch, switches internal. Part #22922943. It did the trick, no more issues after that. Hope this helps.

EnV
    EnV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V

Thanks man. I'm hoping to get mine replaced under my aftermarket warranty but I am asking around still to see where the cheapest place to buy one would be just in case.

Mika is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I had that issue last year with my '09. Turn key off, open door and radio stayed on. I ordered and installed my driver door latch and no more problems. I want to say it was a little under $100 or around $120. Not an expensive fix.

Executor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 2010 Premium

I have this exact same issue on my 2010 CTS (not a V). One of the symptoms matches Mika's description - turn key off, open door and radio stays on and steering wheel does not retract.
    In addition, when entering the vehicle the memory seats and steering wheel won't slide back into position. The remote is obviously detected because the car starts and the memory is good because if I press the 1 button the seat and wheel move into the correct position.
    This problem is intermittent and exacerbated by cold weather, under 10 degrees usually. I took it to the dealership, they could not reproduce it and found no error codes. However, based on the symptoms they said they will replace the driver's door latch.

Quote Originally Posted by Executor View Post
    I have this exact same issue on my 2010 CTS (not a V). One of the symptoms matches Mika's description - turn key off, open door and radio stays on and steering wheel does not retract.
    In addition, when entering the vehicle the memory seats and steering wheel won't slide back into position. The remote is obviously detected because the car starts and the memory is good because if I press the 1 button the seat and wheel move into the correct position.
    This problem is intermittent and exacerbated by cold weather, under 10 degrees usually. I took it to the dealership, they could not reproduce it and found no error codes. However, based on the symptoms they said they will replace the driver's door latch.
    Hello Executor,

I apologize for the vehicle concern you are experiencing. I see you are working with your dealership towards a resolution. Please keep me posted after the repair by reaching out to me via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Palladin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Where is the door module?

In the door?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.