HUD for the CTS-V?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, HUD for the CTS-V? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have a HUD in my Corvette and love it, and really miss it in my V. For many years ...
    Thrill6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V Sedan, 07 Corvette Convertible

HUD for the CTS-V?

I have a HUD in my Corvette and love it, and really miss it in my V. For many years it's been possible to install the HUD in Corvette C5's and C6's that didn't come that way from the factory. It is also now possilbe to retrofit the 5th Gen Camaro with a HUD. In 2010 it wasn't an option, and now optional on the 2011's. The Camaro ZL1 (with the LSA motor) is coming out pretty soon will sport a HUD that will feature all of the regular Camaro HUD information plus a boost meter and G-meter. The wiring for them is pretty easy, a connection to the display controls, plus 4 other wires (I believe they are power, ground, LAN Bus, and VSS) so the only real issue is room under the dash

If you could add a HUD to your CTS-V would you? The parts for the Camaro retrofit is around $600, and takes from 5 to 7 hours to install because the entire dash has to be removed. I'm thinking about seeing if there is room for the projector in my V and wondering if anyone else out there would be interested in adding a HUD to their V. The reason I'm asking is that if enough people would do this, then I'm sure I can get some assistance from parts suppliers and professional installers who do Corvette and Camaro HUD installs. The only downside if this actually works is that the Camaro projector has a Chevy animation at boot up.
    Merge, Merge, Wayne5w and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Re: HUD for the CTS-V?

Nope. These are really a gimmick also. It sounds like an impossible task, not to mention no parts that would bolt in either. I'll just use it for other things.

There are two camps with respect to HUDs. Those that find them "gimmicky" and those that really find them useful. I'm in the later camp and interested in finding out how many others are in that camp as well. IMHO the HUD on my Corvette is the most useful option on the car.

Here is a list of features the HUD supports:
    Speed
    RPM
    Outside temperture
    Transmission position
    Compass heading
    Supercharger boost
    G-meter
    Brief display of radio station (including XM and CD track)
    Turn-by-turn navigation (NAV and OnStar)
    Turn signal and hi-beam indicators
    Phone number information on incoming and outgoing calls (from both OnStar and Bluetooth)
    DIC pop-up messages (Check tire pressure, Cruise set to, Low fuel, Traction Control active, stabilitrak active, etc.)
    Available in 3 languages (English, French, and Spanish)
    English and Metric units

Wayne5w is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Black Diamond, 2009 Escalade EXT, 02 Viper 1000hp

I love having a HUD and I'd do this in a heartbeat if such an option becomes available.

Regards,
    ---Wayne

Pfcmac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): soon cts-v coupe and 2010 Camaro LLT

u guys gotta remember that for the HUD too work you need a special windshield
    when i was replacing my windshield they asked if I had a HUD bcuz its more expensive windshield

The HUD windshield makes the HUD appear slightly clearer and brighter but is not necessary to use a HUD. Hundreds of Corvette (and Camaro) owners have installed and enjoyed HUDs without the HUD windshield. On the Corvette, the HUD windshield is slightly more expensive than a 'regular' one and exact same price on the Camaro, but in any event is an expensive replacement that HUD retrofitters don't install unless it's being it's being replaced because of cracks or chips . Off course we would not have the option for a HUD windshield because the CTS was never designed to have one, but a HUD would still work.

adrian-s is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): TBD
    I would be in.

6speeder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I would love one. I wasn't too sure about them till I spent some time with mine in my Z06. It's not just the wealth of info you can display, but that you don't have your head down in the cockpit to see it. Your head is up and looking outside the car and your focus s still on long distance, not near vision.

jft69z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '11 V-Coupe Blk 6M, '69 Black Z-28/RS 454-5 spd, '13 Blk ZR1

I have a HUD in my '11 Buick LaCrosse & love it. It is one of the things I wish the V had, especially since it costs 30K more than the Buick. It's actually part of the reason why I got the Buick instead of a new STS at the time.

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

I would love to have HUD in my Vagon. I recently stopped at the dealer to get some parts, and saw a used XLR on the lot, and noticed it had it. Thought to myself, "Dang, wish the V had that"...

Let me know what you come up with, but I'll bet it would be dang near impossible to add, considering there is no option for it. Just MHO...

Merge is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ★ 2009 CTS⁴ Black Raven|Ebony ★

HUDs should be standard in all vehicles.
    I had it on my Grand Prix GTP... I miss it soooo much.
    Gimmick... WTF. I guess he's never had one.

mr.algaz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V 2009

I am in, I have one on the corvette and thats one thing I do really want on the V....

Count me in

Algaz

haterinc is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'd be first in line, was researching this a couple months ago

Nutz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!

Isn't there a special laminate in a Corvette windshield for HUD?

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

the lack of a HUD was one of the things that actually *did* bother me about the CTS.. W-body Pontiac's have it but my luxury sports sedan doesn't? WTF it's a decade's old technology.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.