HUD for the CTS-V? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree13Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, HUD for the CTS-V? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The company I was working with to create the wiring harness was in completely over their head. After working with ...
    Thrill6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V Sedan, 07 Corvette Convertible

Re: HUD for the CTS-V?

The company I was working with to create the wiring harness was in completely over their head. After working with them for more than 8 weeks and hearing "we will be ready to make a prototype in a few weeks" for more than a month they finally admitted they couldn't source the connectors and terminals. For the last few weeks I've been trying to buy all the parts and this past Thursday I got in the last of the connectors. Finding all the connectors, terminals and tools was very challenging. Two of the connectors I need are made by Yazaki and only ONE of their US factory authorized distributor sells these particular connectors and they won't even talk to you unless you're buying thousands of connectors. I've spent more than $350 for the connectors, terminals and wire, and another $150 for the crimp tools but I have enough connectors to make 25 harnesses. I will need to purchase more terminals to make more than a few.

Anyway I need the wiring harness in order to fire up the HUD in order to get positioned correctly and this week I will be making the harness. A new custom visor is needed to cover up the projector and have been working on a prototype made out of stiff paper. Still looking for a company that will be able to make the visor out of plastic and leather. I have contacted a few companies including the one that makes the CTS dash to see if they interested in helping me out. Once I get the HUD working, I'll post some more pics.
    M5eater, M5eater, M5eater and 2 others like this.

DRL650 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Coupe

Any updates?

muohio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Would love to hear more. After going to the track, having a heads up display would make shift so much easier.

seanscottusa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None... Past: '88 DeVille and an '04 SRX; Future: STS-V

I'd love to hear more, also. I've been looking to get a V, and was bummed there's no HUD. I found this while researching what it would take to make it happen.

mrkool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, Harley VROD (Night Rod)

Why not use an ipod touch with a HUD mount? It will give you speed and direction etc

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
    Why not use an ipod touch with a HUD mount? It will give you speed and direction etc
    Not quite the same, esp in respects to the speedo and other goodies.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

My Stsv has it its only fun for a fue weeks then you don't even look at it.

CavemanB52 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    My Diablo tuner supplies all kinds of info. Cant see tearing aprt the dash to display it on the windshield.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.