Thinking about the V-Wag...too many choices....??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Thinking about the V-Wag...too many choices....?? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; New member posting...trying to get some feedback from forum members regarding the V-Wagon...(I think)... So here is the current issue...looking ...
    P-Dawger is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thinking about the V-Wag...too many choices....??

New member posting...trying to get some feedback from forum members regarding the V-Wagon...(I think)...

So here is the current issue...looking for a 500hp beast for a daily driver. I used to have a Jeep SRT-8 which was a blast, but had to let it go. At the time I had an e39 M5 and got rid of that in favor of driving the Jeep everyday...they are a blast.

So there is the new 2012 Jeep SRT8 - but only about 465hp and $65k and in the performance falls a litte short of the V cars...not by much but the deficit is there.

So then the V-Wagon came out...pretty impressive, have yet to see one in person. Trying to locate a dealer to drive this thing is near impossible. I have no idea what the V-cars are like...my guess is you could drive the sedan and get an idea of what to expect with the wagon??

Even finding a V just sitting is a bit of an issue (MD,VA,DC) area. I am a stranger to GM products (except that I am well traveled so I know the rental fleet well...) I guess I am a little leary of GM, qaulity, builds etc.

Other cars looked at are the S4, M3, C63...no surprises there...about the same price range. Really would want a manual though...

So the purpose of this post? Well, I know when you post on these forums you get alot of "sure come on in, buy a V, the water is warm and here is some nice kool-aid to drink :-) Just trying to get some folks that have come from similiar cars and now are V owners. Maybe those that were like wow a GM product...never. I could care less just never owned one...

So like I said I had a Jeep SRT8, and an M5. Currently have a 2010 LR4 (nice ride) and an old Disco II (and a 911 race car)...so I think I got the AWD thing covered for winters. I read a bunch about with the right tires you can use the V year round (we do get snow here)...but likely just hop in one of the Land Rovers if bad weather.

Also on price - what is realistic? I have heard discounts of up to $10k off...some say no discounts.

Thanks in advance for any info and thoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Thinking about the V-Wag...too many choices....??

Come on in, buy a V, the water is warm!

Discounts can indeed be had. Depends on where you buy it. The way the V drives is amazing. Planted, sure footed, competent, fast, anything positive applies.

I'll leave it to others to start adding comments.

Speedtrapped is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11' cts-v wagon

owned mostly German for last 10 years...S8, 911, cl65 AMG, RS6(still do) and now the Vagon. A cars initial attraction is in the eye of the beholder IMO. I fell in love with the body(I like big butts and I cannot lie...sorry I digress), the grill/bumper/hood spews testasterone...Its mean looking, the stance is aggressive. The wagon, a wagon! I have always like sport versions wagons, ie rs6 avant(only available in Europe) Interior, very well done, finish and fitment excellent. The recaros are a dream. The climate/nav/radio intiutive to use. I will say, being 6'-4", when I slide the seat back and because of my choice for a huge sunroof...it is tight but not claustrophobic. I know behind me the legroom is tight. Now even better, I can store lots of stuff in back, fold seats down and I can throw couch in there.
    performance....come on, this engines cousin is the LS9, ZR1...fast and easily made ludicrous fast with a few mods.....Handling, hands down the best handling car, I may get flamed from Porsche owners, but in sport mode I am just as cofident taking a tight corner hard as when I drove my porsche...GM knocked the ball out of the park with the electromagnetoblahblah suspension.

I have only had the car 2 months, and I start her up with a smile everytime.

elphil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon

The question is, when you turn your car on does it return the favor? It sure do!

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

From a recent Top Gear episode:
    "American Bad-Ass wrapped in Hugo Boss. John Wayne in a Tommy Hilfiger sweater."

Gordy Petrovski is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

10,400 miles on my 2011 V-wagon & still

P-Dawger is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Nice! thanks for the reply. I guess one thing that does concern me is size, I mean with 3 kids I need space but, one of the drawbacks of the M5 when I had it was the size, not the physical size just that is felt big and balky and not real tossable. I mean the Jeep SRT8 felt tossable and was rock solid and dead nuts reliable, you could really beat on it. The M5 was so delicate with its clutch and driveline...so I got rid of it.

Not a fan of big sedans but it seems this thing is able to be tossed around. Watching the video of US top gear with the wagon on the track was pretty ridiculous, I was waiting for that thing to get flustered but it really hung in there and looked like it was being driven on the edge of control the entire time...says alot. I have not honestly seen one bad review (even the UK Top Gear) for the sedan warmed up to it on their US road trip. The wagon is just ridiculous...kinda fun to drive around in something like that. Kinda like a Suburban humped a Corvette and the Vagon popped out...9 mos later.

Anyway I guess these are the types of comments I am looking for (I got flammed selling my M5 for driving a Jeep everyday, but it was simply better, all around hands down) people that have had other significant performance cars. Feels good to go against the grain.

mother is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by P-Dawger View Post
    The wagon is just ridiculous...kinda fun to drive around in something like that. Kinda like a Suburban humped a ZR1 Corvette and the Vagon popped out...9 mos later.
    Fixed that for you...

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

I owned an 07 & 08 Jeep srt8. The V blows them out of the water in terms of performance. I do feel the jeeps were put togethor a little "tighter" but the cost of the new jeep srt8 is very very marked up out of proportion. Get the V, heck. The used price value of V's has been increasing while the new 2012 will drop in price drastically after the first year just because alot of people that were interested in the 2012 could not justify the last minute 10$k price increase bomb that chrysler/jeep dropped. All the other srt8 models are 40-50k. The jeep will be 65K fully loaded. NOT justifiable

stabie is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V wagon

Quote Originally Posted by P-Dawger View Post
    The wagon is just ridiculous...kinda fun to drive around in something like that. Kinda like a Suburban humped a Corvette and the Vagon popped out...9 mos later.
    Hmmm laughed when I saw that, but I think it was the ZR1 humping the suburban. Otherwise, it would never have made it out.

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

I have a manual sedan (2010) and it is my DD. I must admit there are times when I find myself wishing that I had been a bit more patient and waited to pull the trigger on the Vagon, but...

All I can suggest is that since you are obviously no stranger to high performance/luxury vehicles, that you make a point of finding a manual V that you can take for a spin. I think that you will see for yourself what an incredible combination of acceleration, torque, luxury, handling, braking and overall poise (not to mention value!) the V has! If you have an opportunity to drive one on a road course (or ride shotgun) you'll be able to get a sense of where on the overall performance scale the car's capabilities are. This is truly a supercar!

FWIW, my sedan was flawless out of the box. I had to replace a rear suspension sensor 2 weeks ago and the sunroof has a bit more wind noise at highway speeds than I would like. Aside from that, it's been no trouble whatsoever and it has totally exceeded my expectations. The more I drive it, the more I love and appreciate it.

Best regards,

Elie

elphil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon

Received Motor Trend today, Oct. issue. The mag includes a test of the 2012 Jeep SRT8. Still have my June issue with a test of the 2012 V-Wagon.

The Wagon is about 10 to 12 grand more then the Jeep. The Wagon offers auto or manual. Jeep auto only. Jeep is nearly 1,000 pounds more then the Wagon
    Testing performed by same organization and people with the same methods.

Jeep SRT8 / Cadillac CTS-V Wagon

0-60: 4.5 sec / 4.0 sec

Quarter Mile: 13.0 sec @ 110.2 mph / 12.3 sec @ 116.7 mph

Braking 61-0: 114 ft / 104ft

Lateral Acceleration: 0.88g (avg)/ 0.92g (avg)

MT's Figure 8: 25.8 sec @ 0.72g (avg)/ 25.2 sec @ 0..75g (avg)

The reviewer comments, as the OP does, that the Jeep likes to be manhandled and tossed around.

Kluch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 V

Go to lindsay cadillac in alexandria, VA to test drive. They had a fleet of v's on the lot last time i was there.

Torxila is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1 of 1 Evo Green Coupe 6m, with RB9

Here you go, pop up to NY and drive this sucker. 6MT, Recaros, Suede steering wheel/shifter/SS pedals.Sapele wood trim, NO roof, this was a 70k piece!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

George

Ctsv wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 ctsv wagon

If you asked me a year ago if I would ever drive a Cadillac I would have said No Way. But when I drove the Ctsv-wagon it was the first car that felt more light a machine instead of a car. There is no comparison to my E46 M3. I bought my Cts-v straight of the lot and got $5800 of the sticker plus 1k in GM points. It has auto but I actually enjoy not having to shift all the time.(do that enough with my other cars) The only thing that I wish I had was the recaros. Checked with the dealer and they said I can't order them or swap them. One of the cars I had always though I was going to buy was a E39M5.(the Perfect Car) its a much better ride than the E60M5(too rough) but once I drove the caddy the decision was made. I've got 4 kids I shuffle around and it works perfect. I went through all the options X5M, GLbluetec, MBamg, etc. But dollar for dollar nothing can or will be the deal you get with the Cts-v. The only problem is finding one or waiting for one. good luck with your decision.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.