D3 springs or wait for Eibach?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By e6t
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, D3 springs or wait for Eibach? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I spoke to the Eibach people today and was informed their SEDAN springs are still under development and will probably ...
    calherc1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

D3 springs or wait for Eibach?

I spoke to the Eibach people today and was informed their SEDAN springs are still under development and will probably be available mid October. They told me the front springs are the same as the COUPE but the rears are different (makes no sense to me, D3's are the same for coupe/sedan). Also the sedan is only .6" lower in the front vs. .9" for the coupe (again, makes no sense to me). Anyway, my question is....should I wait for the Eibachs ($289) or get the D3 comps ($409). All suggestions and opinions are welcomed along with any pictures. I'm a relative noobie coming from a ZO6. So far I've powder coated the wheels black and the car is at the bodyshop now getting the chrome blacked out....grille etc...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

flyingv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V 6MT

Re: D3 springs or wait for Eibach?

I just installed the D3 comp springs about a week and a half ago, along with their sway bar set. I absolutely love the way the car feels and looks now. The ride is very similar to the 2006 ZO6 I used to have. Consider trimming the front springs a bit if you want all of the wheel gap to disappear. I left mine alone because I've been road racing it and don't want to tear my inner fenders out when I go to 285's on the front. Also make sure you install the sleeves on the top of the front springs and they won't make any noise. I just did my rims black too, I'm making my car look just like the Camshaft CTS-V... So badass!!!!

killer67 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V, '09 Escalade

If you do take 1/2 of a coil out of the front springs, how much longer does the mag ride sensor rod need to be? Does anybody know exactly so I can maintain the stock mag ride specs and ride quality

e6t
    e6t is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2 CTSV

i was told last summer that the eibach springs were only about a month away for the sedan.

that should answer your question.

/thread

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

D3 comps all the way.

calherc1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Ordered the D3 comps. Anybody have good side pics of sedan with D3 comps? Is there a noticeable difference in the stance between the comps and sports? I've searched but have not found any side by side comparisons.

Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

If somebody made a setup where there was still SOME rake to the car, I would buy those. For my car, I could stand leaving the front where it is and just lowering the rear slightly. My car looks like an early 80's camaro with airbags on the back... I hate it! However, all the spring kits I have seen so far *look* like the rear is lower than the front.

surgin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts v

i have the d3 sport springs. i have had them for over a year i guess, and the left rear often rubbed the tire. i contacted them and got the shorter sensor rods but that didnt help. i then noticed a much smaller wheel gap on that side than on the right. i also have developed awful squeaking. i contacted them and they suggested that they were improperly installed. the installer and the dealer says they are on correctly. overall they make look great but the rubbing and squeaking has got to go. i wont go back to stock though. i guess i will try the eibachs

elphil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by surgin View Post
    i have the d3 sport springs. i have had them for over a year i guess, and the left rear often rubbed the tire. i contacted them and got the shorter sensor rods but that didnt help. i then noticed a much smaller wheel gap on that side than on the right. i also have developed awful squeaking. i contacted them and they suggested that they were improperly installed. the installer and the dealer says they are on correctly. overall they make look great but the rubbing and squeaking has got to go. i wont go back to stock though. i guess i will try the eibachs
    Let's see, squeaking, rubbing and not sure if the MRC is working as designed. I'll keep mine stock thank you.

surgin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts v

there is alot to be said for "stock". but damn the car looks so much better without the suv sized fender well gap! ah vanity!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.