Putting 2010 V on 4 Jack Stands
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By M5eater
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Putting 2010 V on 4 Jack Stands in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Ok, I am going to be taking all my tires off my 2010 CTS V to have them powdercoated. I ...
    HuskerHoss is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Putting 2010 V on 4 Jack Stands

Ok, I am going to be taking all my tires off my 2010 CTS V to have them powdercoated. I will be putting my car up on 4 jack stands. I have read all of the threads on jack placement. Here are my questions.

1. Where is the best place to jack up the back of the car?
    2. If I use the the jacking point on the rear, is there enough room to put a stand right there and the same time?
    3. Is it better to jack up the car right inside the rear suspension on the frame and then place the stand under the jacking point?
    4. I was planning on using the jacking points as a point to put the 4 stands, do you agree?
    5. I was going to lift the front end first on the cross bar and put the front 2 jack stands under, then do the back, thoughts?

That is all for now, any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Putting 2010 V on 4 Jack Stands

Always tricky on my V1. And while I haven't had the V2 suspended on all corners, I'd probably do it the same.

I would back the V onto rhino ramps. Then I would jack up each rear side on the rear subframe where it bolts to the frame. Stick a stand under each side where the jack pucks go. Then from under the center of the car, I stick a jack under the front of the subframe and lift from there. Then stick a stand at each corner of the subframe.

Damn, I would love a lift...

Prof is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Better idea...buy four Pirelli Sottos...put them on four new wheels, then send the old wheels off to be powder coated over the winter...and don't worry about jack stands at all...

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

you could do the subframe in the rear like jim mentioned, and for the front I put mine near the pinch welds(most outboard location with a flat surface before the ''pinch'', it's also fully boxed and thicker steel), jacking up from the front subframe. i would refrain from putting the stands where the pucks go or anywhere on the front subframe. You *will* bend the thin metal where the lift pucks go and the front subframe isn't steel(source: experience), so I wouldn't put them on there either.

you see where the lift has a hold of this wonderful V2 in the front? Don't Jack (without a puck) or place the stands there.. it *will* bend that area. The area where it has a hold of it in the rear is where I would put the stands.
    Attached Images
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Thanks for the replies. I am a little confused still, sorry. Where exactly do you mean by the "pinch"? I am looking at the diagram somebody posted of the underneath of the V. Are you talking about putting the stands right where the front subframe meets the frame, but on the frame still? My other question is, if I look at the picture you sent, it looks like the hoist is picking it up by the rear jacking points, so I must be missing something. Please enlighten me more. Thank you again.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Where the jacking points are will be sturdy enough to lift the car. But if you don't use pucks, you will bend the pinched metal. It's not a big deal but, aesthetically, it will look crappy when it bends.

I am more concernced about where to put the jack stands and my other questions up above so if anybody has any more suggestions, I would take them. Thank you.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I don't mean to be filp, but why not where the manual says to jack the car? Lift the back at the differential, and find a second spot(s) for lifting the front. Put the jack stands under a 2" x 6" piece then.

MSOsr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V coupe and Raven Black 2007 SRX

Is there some place to buy jack plugs for the V2?

Mike (got V1 pucks from a BMW provider)

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

I saw these in a thread a while ago,
    http://www.cau-llc.com/cgi-bin/webst...rame=&cart_id=

I am looking at the diagram somebody posted of the underneath of the V. Are you talking about putting the stands right where the front subframe meets the frame, but on the frame still? My other question is, if I look at the picture you sent, it looks like the hoist is picking it up by the rear jacking points, so I must be missing something. Please enlighten me more. Thank you again.
    post it up and I'll circle where.

Here is the link of the undernearth of the V that I was referencing. Thank you for your help.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ing-cts-v.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.