Who here has their v as a daily driver - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Who here has their v as a daily driver in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by baabootoo The question for me is who DOESN'T? Exactly! Not using it as a daily driver is ...
    Prof is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Who here has their v as a daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    The question for me is who DOESN'T?
    Exactly!

Not using it as a daily driver is like storing a beautiful woman in a spare bedroom to enjoy during your later life...HA! Surprise...she isn't the same and neither are you!

Why deny yourself the pleasure???

Ten years from now, it will be gone and replaced by that 15,000 watt all wheel drive that cruises at 260 with .08 zero to 60...

Jutskin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-v

09 daily....50,000 heavy footed miles....not a single issue.

dznr723 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V Coupe

So far 10K miles on my '11 V Coupe.What an awesome ride!

nsaness is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)

snow V.jpgThrough rain, sleet, or snow.... Nothing shall interrupt my trip to work. My V is a 2010 currently with 65,000 HARD driven miles on it. Mine is a company car that is leased. I am do for a new 2012 in 2 more months With my work commute, I should have 74,000 on before I get the new one. It will make for WONDERFUL early x-mas present ...
    Attached Images

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by nsaness View Post
    Attachment 79843Through rain, sleet, or snow.... Nothing shall interrupt my trip to work. My V is a 2010 currently with 65,000 HARD driven miles on it. Mine is a company car that is leased. I am do for a new 2012 in 2 more months With my work commute, I should have 74,000 on before I get the new one. It will make for WONDERFUL early x-mas present ...
    Fantastic! When you ignore the incredible performance, the car is a typical luxurious road warrior. How did GM do that? It's really hard to combine the two. Even the most hardened GM bashers might be impressed, but does anyone care about them?

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Quote Originally Posted by nsaness View Post
    Attachment 79843Through rain, sleet, or snow.... Nothing shall interrupt my trip to work. My V is a 2010 currently with 65,000 HARD driven miles on it. Mine is a company car that is leased. I am do for a new 2012 in 2 more months With my work commute, I should have 74,000 on before I get the new one. It will make for WONDERFUL early x-mas present ...
    lol, nothing will ever get pushed harder than a "company car".

Corvillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    lol, nothing will ever get pushed harder than a "company car".
    What's the difference between a Jeep and a company car? The company car can go anywhere!

Our CTS-V is my wife's daily driver. 5500 miles since new end of Feb.

Ronsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Black Diamond Sedan,2.55, cold air, ARH; 09 Z06

2011 Sedan, 6sp manual, drive to work each day in stop and go traffic on the Belt parkway, NY; if you know the road you know my pain. Rack-up about 10,000 miles per year, used my 07 V1 for the last 5 years, sold with 50K. Can't think of a better daily driver than a V!! Weekend toy is an 09 Z06, an thrilling car to drive, but not as a daily driver as the ride is simply too firm. Also have an 03 Yukon Denali, awesome round town/vacation vehicle.

King335i is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V Coupe

2011 V Coupe, about 3,000 miles on her. The car is fast, no doubt about it, but it feels like a tank and the body roll in the corners causes feelings of seasickness in my passengers lol. The car gets attention like crazy, you'd think I was driving around in a GT-R. People wave, give thumbs up, crank their head around, shout, girls holler at me, people stop mid-stride to gawk, etc etc. But to be honest I am currently mulling over moving to the 2012 C63 AMG Coupe, or the 2012 E63 AMG. This V gives incredible bang for the buck, but I am looking for a better built car that feels solid and doesn't leave me disappointed in the quality control department, and I don't really care if that car is a few tenths slower to 60. It also seems at times that I have to fill up the tank multiple times in one day, even when barely driving the car here and there in town, kind of ridiculous

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

^^^^
    I keep reading this about post-2009 Vs in this forum. Did the quality control change after that MY? Or are there simply more people with post-2009 cars so a larger sample? My 2009 V is as solid as a tank and the build quality is pretty darn good IMHO...and I am no huge fan of American cars. Or at least I wasn't before I owned this car!

Now about to hit 29k miles. Would you believe my S2000 has sat most of the summer while I drive the heck out of my V? *shock*

Prof is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I'm no connoisseur of quality (MOPAR FREAK here) so I can't address that. But I do know performance and handling. King335i is wrong about the suspension and handling of the CTS V...

If it has body roll, its because there is a 200 lb difference between him and his passenger IMO.

I have nearly 45k on a Lingenfelter modified (630 hp) sedan that is the finest vehicle I have ever owned, far surpassing the German vehicles I thought were my ultimate driving experience. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Ronsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Black Diamond Sedan,2.55, cold air, ARH; 09 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by King335i View Post
    2011 V Coupe, about 3,000 miles on her. The car is fast, no doubt about it, but it feels like a tank and the body roll in the corners causes feelings of seasickness in my passengers lol. The car gets attention like crazy, you'd think I was driving around in a GT-R. People wave, give thumbs up, crank their head around, shout, girls holler at me, people stop mid-stride to gawk, etc etc. But to be honest I am currently mulling over moving to the 2012 C63 AMG Coupe, or the 2012 E63 AMG. This V gives incredible bang for the buck,
    HTML Code:
    but I am looking for a better built car that feels solid and doesn't leave me disappointed in the quality control department, and I don't really care if that car is a few tenths slower to 60. It also seems at times that I have to fill up the tank multiple times in one day, even when barely driving the car here and there in town, kind of ridiculous :(
    Enjoy your new AMG, couple of my buddies spend lots of time in the merc service department, they know the service adviser very well! For the extra money you should get a little bit higher grade of interior trim, but don't bet on it being a more reliable car. I'll be happy driving my POS CTS-V, also dont mind keeping a fellow american employed to build my car.

nsaness is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)

Enjoy the AMG it's a great car too! In anticipation of getting my next car, I just drove the C63, E63, the M3, M5 the S4, S6, and the Lexus ISF. While the E63, S6, and M5 were more than I wanted to spend, I could have stretched if I needed to. After driving all, I can tell you that my choice was VERY easy to make, I will definitely be getting my third CTS-V. The car suits my driving preferences, and I have never had a quality issue in my cars. As someone involved in the automobile manufacturing industry (former tool and die maker who moved up and up), I have access to quality comparisons and complaints by all brands. They all have extremely high quality, and they all have many complaints. Even the quality of Hyundai is comparable to Mercedes, BMW, and Audi. There are no bad choices, just personal preferences and pre-conceived notions. I would never recommend buying an American car just because it is American. The car must suit your needs and preferences better than it's competitors. The CTS-V still beats all others for my PRICE RANGE and preferences. Finally, to Ronsv, thank you for thinking about buying American; my job truly does depend on it, so we do our best every day to be better than foreign parts manufacturers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.