VERY UNHAPPY with W4M ported supercharger, snout, TB and 2.55 upper - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, VERY UNHAPPY with W4M ported supercharger, snout, TB and 2.55 upper in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by DrumStix It's the tune. Seriously though, did you switch out the entire blower or just the snout? ...
    musclesbmf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 GTR

Re: VERY UNHAPPY with W4M ported supercharger, snout, TB and 2.55 upper

Quote Originally Posted by DrumStix View Post
    It's the tune.

Seriously though, did you switch out the entire blower or just the snout? You are going to make any power with the belt off and the rotors sitting there so don't bother trying. It's no the tune. It's a stationary rotor pack on a motor that may make 385-400 HP if the rotors weren't blocking the airflow.

Take it apart and try to spin the shaft will seeing what is preventing it from rotating.
    Exactly what I hope to do today.

Mark
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    You said this ISN'T a bashing thread???????????? It most certainly is. Go complain to the person that did the work, like a normal person would. If you don't like his work, GO TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Real simple, isn't it? You can always file a BBB complaint too, right? The internet is NOT the place to complain. What if you messed up the install? How do you retract this then????????
    Quote one thing I said that I bashed anyone? I stated my experience and disappointment, and even closed that I've been a big supporter. Thanks for your "great addition" to this post.

Quote Originally Posted by MReiland View Post
    Any chance its the isolator? If the blower worked fine before it and the snout should have spun freely, between the two is the solid isolator such that when installing it, it didn't slide all the way in and now has bound the snout and blower from spinning? I know in the past there were tolerancing issues on those.
    Snout came installed on the blower already, so I hope it was installed correctly. The car ran at idle for a good 10 mins before driving down the road and then the screeching belt noise and no pulley spinning.

Mark

6speeder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Did the snout spin freely before install? I ask because when I put a 2.55 pulley on the stock snout IT WOULD NOT SPIN. My supercharger snout casting was not round, it was egg shaped and the out of round area was hitting the inside of the pulley. We removed the pulley and filed away about 1/8" of the offending material of the snout. Now it spins freely.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Hope that everything works out for you on this issue, Mark.

dvandentop is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06

will be following this one

e6t
    e6t is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by musclesbmf View Post
    Quote one thing I said that I bashed anyone? I stated my experience and disappointment, and even closed that I've been a big supporter. Thanks for your "great addition" to this post.

your situation sucks and I hope it works out... but no offense bro, this is a textbook example of a bashing thread. just because you qualified your thread by saying it wasnt bashing, doesnt negate the bash.

these threads come up often and its unfortunate... because they are "out there" and searchable by google. its sucks because you have no idea why you are having the problem and it could be something you did wrong or something simple.

if someone searches "w4m supercharger", your thread is the first thing that is returned. they may or may not read the entire thread to find out what happens, but at the end of the day, the thread is inflammatory and harsh.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=w4m+supercharger

just sayin'...

Hope your issue turns out to be something simple!

DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I'm not seeing the bashing. He said he liked his interactions with w4m but that this part is not working at all and I can see why someone might freak out a bit. He is disappointed and looking for assistance and ideas. If he were bashing it would be against forum rules and I think Florian or LC would have tazed him by now.

How would you have gone about it? Not post at all? Just askin'

e6t

Look up the definition of bashing.

I'm not saying he is out of line, just that it is in fact bashing.

I would contact Jesse or at least figure out what is wrong... Hell, if I had installed all that stuff, I'd assume I did something wrong!

Plus, we've seen a few times that Jesse will fix the issue no matter who is at fault. I'd figure out where the problem lies before I blew someone up... In fact, I'm going though something MAJOR with my car right now and haven't said a word about it on here. Yet.

DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Seriously? Please quote the bashing.

While at it, look up the definition of nifkin.

e6t

Is what it is...

But I've got no dog in this hunt so I'll let you and yours carry on with your not bashing.

Good luck with accomplishing whatever it is that you are trying to accomplish...

n0s4atu is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

So now, people can only post positive experiences with vendors? We should never hear anything negative, or anything less than absolutely stellar? Doesn't seem like the best way to get the full story. I mean hell why stop there? Why not completely eliminate anyone posting about their experiences with a product and just let the vendors themselves just tell us how great they are?

If anyone Google's W4M supercharger, comes to this thread and only reads the first post, simply put they're a moron. Who does that?

I want the good, the bad and the ugly. More importantly in a thread like this one, I want to see how well the vendor responds and handles it. Nobody can deliver 100% defect free products, there are bound to be duds in a batch. So whether something simply failed or the OP goofed on the install, I want to know how the problem is solved.

Unless this type of problem becomes commonplace with a W4M mod, I highly doubt anyone is instantly scared off from buying and most likely if W4M delivers the customer service and responsiveness he seems to typically, I'd think a thread like this would go further to show that in good times or bad, he stands behind the quality of his product. Good customer service these days is in short supply and any vendor who steps up and comes through when something goes wrong is someone people should want to do business with.

Stating an experience that is less than 100% positive isn't bashing, it's real life. These things happen.

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

Quote Originally Posted by e6t View Post
    your situation sucks and I hope it works out... but no offense bro, this is a textbook example of a bashing thread. just because you qualified your thread by saying it wasnt bashing, doesnt negate the bash.

these threads come up often and its unfortunate... because they are "out there" and searchable by google. its sucks because you have no idea why you are having the problem and it could be something you did wrong or something simple.

if someone searches "w4m supercharger", your thread is the first thing that is returned. they may or may not read the entire thread to find out what happens, but at the end of the day, the thread is inflammatory and harsh.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=w4m+supercharger

just sayin'...

Hope your issue turns out to be something simple!
    I agree. Until you find out what was actually wrong, you need to have a mod change the title.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Talk to Jesse, then post.
    We are closed.

F

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.