Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New snout ordered

4K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  Caddy Wagon 
#1 ·
I have ordered a new supercharger snout for my 2.55 pulley from Lingenfelter. Just wanted to make sure I could revert back to stock and did'nt want to take the chance of the pulley being wrecked, I'm also gonna have it ported. I'm sure everyone knows that they sell them but just in case some don't I thought I would post this. So much for the upper being cheaper.....it's now the same cost. Oh well I have piece of mind now. Oh yeah it was about 750.00.

#5 ·
Hey guys....sorry no part number, I just called and asked for the snout. It does not come with a pulley on it but was told it is a brand new piece so i'm not sure why it would'nt come with one. I guess more interest for people who are going to switch pulleys as apposed to those who have already switched. Just don't know why someone does'nt make a clone stock pulley?

#8 ·
Thanks. I wish it came with a stock pulley, that'd be worth the extra cost.

#9 ·
why would you guys want anther stock pulley? you pull your stock snout and pulley and put the new one on with the new pulley.

That way you have your entire stock set up.

If you have already changed your stock pulley off just have a shop put it back on this one.

#16 ·
Ya it would be, although thats not a quote, just a guess. It's not too much to press the pulley on and a bit of time for the porting(not sure how long) but they know what they are doing so should be quick. If theres only 1 left you better act quick if you want one, I have not heard of anywhere else that you can get only the snout, you have to buy the whole supercharger.

#27 ·
Well, if you pull off the stock pulley from your new snout, I'll buy it. :)

#28 ·
Ill let you know if my tuner is able to get it off without damaging it, if he can i'll give you first crack at it.....assuming mine comes with one. Mine will be here on Monday but my install is for May 9. Ill post up my results and if you're still interested let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.