Conundrum #1:Headrests - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Conundrum #1:Headrests in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by mrl859 The plastic is very thin and is a hollow shell, so that's not going to work. ...
    RLJ676 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None (yet)

Re: Conundrum #1:Headrests

Quote Originally Posted by mrl859 View Post
    The plastic is very thin and is a hollow shell, so that's not going to work. I'll post photos later. Without the plastic "frame", there are no headrests. That's how the headrests get their shape. I'd rather have no headrest than tubular steel mashing into the back of my head in a rear end collision.
    Right, I'm saying you could cut out the front of the blow molded insert, then make a new foam bun and have it custom wrapped in trim.

I know a little bit about HR's, and you won't find what you're looking for. the testing procedures make it impossible w/ out an active HR to be comfortable for someone sitting straight up basically. I don't imagine you can custom fit a JCI Ri-act or like active head restraint into your seat.....

Glenbat6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Hi, I've got the same problem, I am 6'2" tall, and the headrest gives me a kink, pain in the neck. I can't raise it high enough. Did anyone ever answer about how to remove them (I've heard that turning them around will solve the forward tilt) to make it comfortable to sit in the car? The manual does say "they are not designed to be removed".

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Guys, reverse the headrests on the Recaros. Recline the seat some, squeeze the base of both headrest posts and remove the headrest to reverse it. Great for helmet clearance and upright driving position. Barely noticeable.

JKG
    JKG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

yes, the recaro headrest can be removed and then put in backwards. very comfortable but very stupid looking. i am so vain that i am (for now) keeping the headrest pushing my head forward rather than keeping the headrest reversed.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

I wonder if there's some older GM+Lear seat that uses the same headrest post size & width.

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by JKG View Post
    yes, the recaro headrest can be removed and then put in backwards. very comfortable but very stupid looking. i am so vain that i am (for now) keeping the headrest pushing my head forward rather than keeping the headrest reversed.
    I understand. But I left mine reversed (after a track day) for almost a month and a half and no one noticed, including me. It's easy to forget and really isnt that noticeable IMO.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Great idea.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.