Please help A/c belt, aftermarket number???? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Please help A/c belt, aftermarket number???? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; With your location listed as "look way up", I doubt you even need A/C at all!...
    CTSV4now is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Re: Please help A/c belt, aftermarket number????

With your location listed as "look way up", I doubt you even need A/C at all!

Domsz06 is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06

Belt I used was a Gates. part number K040378

snzuloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V / 2004 Porsche CTT

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV4now View Post
    Theres a few days where its needed lol, all this effort to get a belt I'm tempted to leave it off!

Thanks Sean, Ill try that next... Unbelievable how hard something so simple should be, imagine selling cars and not having any parts for them?????

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV4now View Post
    oh in the summer (july and aug) he will still need it during the day. Esp if stop and go traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by snzuloz View Post
    Thanks Sean, Ill try that next... Unbelievable how hard something so simple should be, imagine selling cars and not having any parts for them?????
    No problem. It's what I used and is still on the car. AC works great! I won't be cutting mine off next weekend when I put my pulley back on. Learned that the hard way lol

Me Wanna A V is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Domsz06 View Post
    Belt I used was a Gates. part number K040378

Thanks Dom, now we're making progress!!!

O.K

Gates K040378 = 962 mm in length which equals 37.874 inches

Dayco 5040378 = 960 mm in length which equals 37.795 inches

Goodyear 4040377 = 960mm listed with length of 37.750 inches

Dom acknowledged the Gates fits, the above are possible (?) "options".

Since Dom has verified the Gates K040378 works without issue, that might be the best way to go.

The fact that the Gates is just a fraction longer than the others, makes it easier to take off again in the future without damaging it and therefore possibly re-using it.

Dom: Did you feel the Gates was the "perfect" size, or could it have been just a little more snug?

Picking up the gates belt as mentioned, thanks guys.

UPDATE

I've just discovered some new info with links to click on below, but read on!

Here's the deal: The CTS-V does NOT have a tensioner for the A/C belt. Most belt manufacturers make special "Stretch Fit" belts for this kind of application (As I previously mentioned within this thread). Gates specifically states in the link below that using a standard belt (K040378 - like Dom used) will prematurely fail as it has no elasticity and causes stress during the install process. Does this mean the regular belt (K040378) won't work? Dom's got it on his car and so far so good. Time will only tell.

I've been sitting here at my computer for the last 3 hours cross referencing Gates to Dayco. Dayco to Gates. Napa to this. This to Napa. You get the idea and here's what I found.

The Gates "Stretch Fit" I listed earlier on (part # K040374SF) has an application for a 2007-2009 Dodge Nitro P/S belt. So, since I know Gates makes Napa belts, I started checking out Napa. On their site I found something not even Gates has listed on their page.

On the second link below (Napa) you'll see what I "believe" is the proper part number. It lists the 2010+ LS3 Camaro A/C belt (basically our motor minus blower) as a 25-040373SF (Gates K040373SF).

Now here's where it gets fun! Napa prices are taken from their website in my Zip code, so prices may vary.

25-040374 Dodge Nitro P/S $10.39 Length 38"

25-040373 Camaro 6.2L A/C $42.99 Length 37 7/8"

Why does an 1/8" cost an extra $32.60????????? (No Penis Jokes - Please!!!!!)

I sure as heck would try and get that Nitro belt on there and show them!!!!!!!

As a recap: Gates K040373SF (Napa 25-040373SF) is "Probably" the correct part number.

http://www.gates.com/stretchfit/asse...v_brochure.pdf

https://partimages.genpt.com/partimages/1206259.pdf

I hope this helps others, and if anyone tries any of the above part numbers, please reply with the outcome.

Gary

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

I can confirm Gates K040373SF works as a replacement AC pulley. It took me two people, on rotating the crank pulley and one using a flat head driver to guide it on to the AC pulley. I put it on the crank pulley, got under the car and guided it on the AC pulley from below. The 2nd person was up top rotating the crank clock wise. Once it was mostly on went clock and counter clock was to line it on both pulleys. I took the car for a spin and the AC got cold and no odd belt noises or ill side effects noted.

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.