Whining noise when the car is HOT in 90 degrees weather
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Whining noise when the car is HOT in 90 degrees weather in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Unfortunately the upper 80's and low 90's are coming back. Today i notice a whining noise when the car stay ...
    miamictsv is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Whining noise when the car is HOT in 90 degrees weather

Unfortunately the upper 80's and low 90's are coming back. Today i notice a whining noise when the car stay at a traffic light that sounds like some type of a pump noise. When i start moving after 100 feet the noise is almost gone but still there. After parking the car i opened the hood and the noise appears to be coming from around the front passenger side of the car. Can this be the supercharger pump ? When i shut the car off and turn it back on the fans are no longer running and the noise is gone while the car is parked. I turned the AC on the fans are running but still no noise while parked. I guess when it get's really hot something is happening. I will have it checked next week but wondering if anyone have the same experience.

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Whining noise when the car is HOT in 90 degrees weather

So many views but no suggestions? I guess my car has a lot of first time issues for a V. I think i am one of the few with a lemon

musclesbmf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 GTR

Sounds like it is the heat exchanger pump, but that should be running all the time. Check the fill neck while car is running to see if fluid is circulating. Fill neck is pass side towards rear of engine by supercharger. The pump is located beneath car towards front of pass side.

Mark

Thank you i will do that first thing tomorrow morning. I know where the fill neck is and the fluid was very low the last time i check. I will see if it actually circulate.

Tadpole24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Did you ever figure this out. I think I have the same noise.

jwa999 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S

I had an issue a couple of weeks ago, where a electrical motor seemed to kept running 30 seconds after I started the car and would never stop. When I turned olff the engine, you could hear the whining slowly stop.
    It turned out to be a secondary water pump that just switched itself on. I had happened a few months earlier one time and then stopped.
    Dealer replaced pump under warranty, everything copacetic. dec 2008 build cts-v @ 40k

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Tadpole, please don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would like any further assistance along the way. I'm sorry to hear about your whining concerns, and I'd definitely be happy to explore your options with you anytime!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Don't swet i. We all whine alittle when its 90 degrees and high humidity

Biggeo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan

If that was the case, I'd be whining daily! I'm in hot ass South Florida and it's the fan motors. There are 2. Have them replaced at the dealer, as they tend to vibrate inside the cabin.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.