Leaking Sunroof - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Leaking Sunroof in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Well just washed her for the first time after getting her back, and so far no leaking detected. We will ...
    03Z06Vette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade ESV Mocha/Ebony, 2011 CTS-V EG/EB

Re: Leaking Sunroof

Well just washed her for the first time after getting her back, and so far no leaking detected. We will see if this lasts. I think the ultimate test will be driving and or sitting in a thunderstorm....

johnclarkjr73 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

i just bought a 2011 CTS and the same thing is happening!! I told GM and the Dealership that it is unacceptable to pay $45,000 for a new car have it two weeks and the roof leaks. I need a new headliner, seats and carpet. I bought american again because i thought the quality had improved, guess not!! I told them I don't want it fixed, i want a new car. I've already been in contact with GM directly and expressed my how i feel. The dealer was going to give me a loaner until my car gets fixed and the Brand New 2012 they were going to give me was leaked worse than mine!! They told me it was only happening on the 2011's but guess it may be an engineering problem with the sunroofs!!

mommy653 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cadillac cts

Purchased a previously owned 2009 cadillac cts 64000 miles AS IS CONDITION. In the pouring rain water started dripping from sunroof buttons, then on sides of ceiling, carpet in front and back seat soaked, electronics started going crazy, my back window rolled down during the storm and could not get it to roll up, worst storm in a while, hail! I felt ripped off and thought I purchased a lemon. After the car dried out week later, it smells like a wet dog! Took the car to Bill Kramer cadillac in Panama City Florida, the advisor said they have repaired many with the same issue and he advised anyone with a car that has drain tubes should have it serviced, who would know to do that? My husband talked to the technician, he said the tubes were designed with flaps on each end and caused clogging. To repair, he had to clip off the flaps on each end of the tubes, replace one tube and reconstruct the other tubes, the technician said I will never have this issue again. I asked if there is a recall on this....nope! I paid $168 including tax. While the car was there they informed me that there are recalls on suspension and taillight connector, so cadillac did repair those 2 things. My electronics started working after the car dried out. On the way home, it was raining, no leak. Hopefully I will not have electrical issues due to all the water in my car. Now if I can get the smell out, embarrassing to have this gorgeous classy car that smells like wet dog! Cadillac should cover the expense for this issue! Love the cts, nice ride...wondering If it will last after having so much water inside...

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I had to go back 4 times before they fixed the leaking! LUCKILY, it was all under warranty though.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    I had to go back 4 times before they fixed the leaking! LUCKILY, it was all under warranty though.
    Hello baabootoo,

I understand how frustrating that must have been going back 4 times! We are glad to hear your leaking sunroof was finally fixed. If you have additional concerns or questions please let us know.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by mommy653 View Post
    Purchased a previously owned 2009 cadillac cts 64000 miles AS IS CONDITION. In the pouring rain water started dripping from sunroof buttons, then on sides of ceiling, carpet in front and back seat soaked, electronics started going crazy, my back window rolled down during the storm and could not get it to roll up, worst storm in a while, hail! I felt ripped off and thought I purchased a lemon. After the car dried out week later, it smells like a wet dog! Took the car to Bill Kramer cadillac in Panama City Florida, the advisor said they have repaired many with the same issue and he advised anyone with a car that has drain tubes should have it serviced, who would know to do that? My husband talked to the technician, he said the tubes were designed with flaps on each end and caused clogging. To repair, he had to clip off the flaps on each end of the tubes, replace one tube and reconstruct the other tubes, the technician said I will never have this issue again. I asked if there is a recall on this....nope! I paid $168 including tax. While the car was there they informed me that there are recalls on suspension and taillight connector, so cadillac did repair those 2 things. My electronics started working after the car dried out. On the way home, it was raining, no leak. Hopefully I will not have electrical issues due to all the water in my car. Now if I can get the smell out, embarrassing to have this gorgeous classy car that smells like wet dog! Cadillac should cover the expense for this issue! Love the cts, nice ride...wondering If it will last after having so much water inside...
    Hello mommy653,

I am sorry you had to deal with a broken, leaking sunroof. I understand the car smell can be frustrating! We would not want any customer to experience what you have. I am glad to hear you got the issue fixed at your dealership and there isn't a leak anymore. If there are other concerns or issues we can help you with, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

oldiemotors is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Well add me to the list of leaking UV sunroof owners. My '09 V started leaking last week. Took it to the dealer and the dealer says my GMPP warranty won't cover the sunroof repairs. Dealer wants $850 for the repair.

I paid ~$2000 for my extended warranty only to be told that there is a specific GMPP warranty exclusion for leaking sunroofs. Don't usually purchase extended warranties, but thought it might come in handy for such an expensive and sophisticated vehicle.

What ever happened to a manufacture standing behind their product instead of taking shelter behind their bean counters?

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Where's it leaking from? Front? Side?

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    Where's it leaking from? Front? Side?
    If it is parked it leaks where the A pillar trim meets with the roof panel and drips into the front passenger seat. If I am driving the back seat and floor (passenger side) get soaked.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Damn that sucks. I'm hoping mine hangs on tight. Keep us posted on what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by oldiemotors View Post
    Well add me to the list of leaking UV sunroof owners. My '09 V started leaking last week. Took it to the dealer and the dealer says my GMPP warranty won't cover the sunroof repairs. Dealer wants $850 for the repair.

I paid ~$2000 for my extended warranty only to be told that there is a specific GMPP warranty exclusion for leaking sunroofs. Don't usually purchase extended warranties, but thought it might come in handy for such an expensive and sophisticated vehicle.

What ever happened to a manufacture standing behind their product instead of taking shelter behind their bean counters?
    Hi oldiemotors,

I am sorry for the leaking sunroof your vehicle is experiencing. If you private message me with your contact information, VIN and the name and location of the dealership which you've taken your vehicle to, I am more than happy to look into this issue further for you.

Regards,

Laura M.

mac5367 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS4

Hi I am also having this problem and I have a 2013 CTS4 with the panoramic sunroof, it's kind of fustrating because the car only has 2000 miles on it. The car is leaking like a sieve in the rear on the passenger side and pools underneath the back seat. Does anyone know if there is a technical service bulletin on this problem? I would like to understand how they are going to fix it and prevent it from happening in the future? I am going to assume that I don't have clogged drains because the car is so new, seems like maybe one of the drains came loose? Just can't comprehend how this problem can still be present after 5 years of the CTS being out? Some help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mac5367 View Post
    Hi I am also having this problem and I have a 2013 CTS4 with the panoramic sunroof, it's kind of fustrating because the car only has 2000 miles on it. The car is leaking like a sieve in the rear on the passenger side and pools underneath the back seat. Does anyone know if there is a technical service bulletin on this problem? I would like to understand how they are going to fix it and prevent it from happening in the future? I am going to assume that I don't have clogged drains because the car is so new, seems like maybe one of the drains came loose? Just can't comprehend how this problem can still be present after 5 years of the CTS being out? Some help would be much appreciated.
    Hello mac5367,

I understand how this issue must be frustrating. I would be feeling the same way if I owned a 2013 with few miles on it and it started experiencing an issue such as this. If you private message me with your contact information and VIN, I can try and research this concern for you and explore our options from there.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

RudyR1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello Everyone,

After 4 trips to the service center, 1 headliner, 2 C pillar liners, a new seal, and new sunroof divider my leak is fixed. There was a recent TSB that has a revised center divider for the sunroof. The service manager explained to me that the new part has revised channels that don't allow water to run over the ends of the divider missing the drainage channel. It has been 4 weeks now, lots of rain, and several trips to the car wash and no leaking.

-Rudy

Quote Originally Posted by RudyR1999 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

After 4 trips to the service center, 1 headliner, 2 C pillar liners, a new seal, and new sunroof divider my leak is fixed. There was a recent TSB that has a revised center divider for the sunroof. The service manager explained to me that the new part has revised channels that don't allow water to run over the ends of the divider missing the drainage channel. It has been 4 weeks now, lots of rain, and several trips to the car wash and no leaking.

-Rudy
    Do you happen to know the TSB#?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.