Brand New CTS-V Taking on Water
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Brand New CTS-V Taking on Water in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So I have had my 2011 CTS-V Sedan for less than 3 weeks and the 1st significant rainfall proved to ...
    keepupp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS V-Sport

Brand New CTS-V Taking on Water

So I have had my 2011 CTS-V Sedan for less than 3 weeks and the 1st significant rainfall proved to be too much for the car. I came out to the car this evening to a drenched back seat and traced the leak to the ultra view sunroof. The suede insert on the rear drivers side is soaked. Awesome. And no, the sunroof wasn't open one bit and the leak came from an area that doesnt open.

Anyone else have this problem and would it be reasonable to ask Cadillac to replace the car due to the water damage (has less than 900 miles on it)? Here are some pics...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3046828...7626077891353/

Next, the experience at the dealership made things worse. I called the dealership and the first available appointment was Tuesday and the car doesn't have a garage at night (and its supposed to rain all weekend). I sent an email to my salesman and he asked that I go ahead and bring the car in and he would get me a loaner. My dealership had no sense of urgency when I initially brought this to them and my salesman scoffed at my thought that my brand new car with water damage should be replaced. Very disappointing experience. To top it off I was thinking the loaner they were going to provide would be of equal value but they gave me a base model CTS. As soon as I dove it off the lot I realized there was no gas in it either.

In closing, my perceived value of the car has been diminished. The thought of accepting the same car back after a new sunroof, headliner and seat makes me upset, not to mention it has less than 900 miles on the odometer. I opened a case with Corporate and have explained my intentions to ask for a new car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade on Order

Re: Brand New CTS-V Taking on Water

Once a car has had significant interior water damage, it is usually deemed a total loss. I would ask for a complete replacement and if they do replace the car, don't get the new one with the sunroof.

whytediamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 white diamond sedan, 6MT,all options. 641 RWHP/592 RWTQ

That sucks! I would have them take the car and keep it indoors untill they can fix it and supply you with a rental.....say an escalade..lol. As for the fix, dont take it back untill you are happy with the result, if that means replacing the back seat then so be it!!! good luck.

Caddy Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V Wagon 6MT Crystal Red all options NO sunroof

Ouch, sorry to hear about that.

tedcmiller is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

My wife has had two Cadillacs with sunroofs and I have had one CTS-V with a sunroof. We have had no problems - knock on wood. I have had two other CTS-Vs without the sunroof. One more reason not to get cars with sunroofs.

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-V-TWIN View Post
    Once a car has had significant interior water damage, it is usually deemed a total loss. I would ask for a complete replacement and if they do replace the car, don't get the new one with the sunroof.
    At this point it was confined to the seat behind the driver but it is a steady stream of water on the same spot which saturated the the seat. I'm more concerned with the water that has now gotten below the seat.

By the way, I can tell that the leak is coming from the drivers rear corner of the sunroof (not a part that opens)

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Sorry to hear - and, I do believe that your case is the 1st leaky sun-roof I've heard about. I've got the SR and the car has been through numerous rain storms and washings with no leaks at all. Sounds like yours is an isolated event which may, as mentioned above, net you a new replacement CTS-V.

Rob

CTS-V-Twin, our cars were built the same day as I remember. The following week is when we heard some talk of the assembly line shutting down for QA issues (whether or not this is true is another matter). Did we ever find out what the quality issues actually were?

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Sorry to read of your difficulty. I've had my Ultraview for two years with no significant issues other than a little squeaking as it was settling into place while new. Definitely no leaks. Hopefully your dealer will step up and make things right.

Quote Originally Posted by zero26039 View Post
    are you servicing the car at the same dealer you purchased it from? there is no reason why they cant accept the car and keep it indoors until they can look at it.
    Yes, I contacted the dealer I purchased from and they told me Tuesday is the first available time they could see the car (this didnt make me too happy). I explained that the car sits outdoors and that we expect rain all weekend but there was no sense of urgency. Examining the damage this morning had me furious and I have contacted Cadillac Corporate letting them know I will be asking for a new car. I will post photos later today

Kado91Z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan manual

I just had my brand new 2011 sedan in it's first significant rain....I have had mine for 3 weeks as well and guess what I just noticed......a nice big wet spot in the headliner at drivers side rear corner of the sunroof....looks like we have the same problem my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kado91Z View Post
    I just had my brand new 2011 sedan in it's first significant rain....I have had mine for 3 weeks as well and guess what I just noticed......a nice big wet spot in the headliner at drivers side rear corner of the sunroof....looks like we have the same problem my friend.
    What was your build date? Mine was built Feb 9. By the way, I updated my first post with a link to pics of the damage.

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Keepupp, ouch I just viewed your pics. I've had my 09 V since Dec 08 and it has the Ultraview roof. The car has been in the rain a few times and washed many times and I have not had any issues reagarding leaks. I hope it works out for you.

Kado91Z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan manual

I just looked at your pics and my headliner looked the same way last night. It was dark so I couldn't inspect it well but today I realized that the water had spread further than I thought and the headliner is now stained. I feel the same was as you do....my car just hit 1000 miles and now I have water damage in god knows where. This was the first rain it has been in so I wasn't able to notice this til now.

Who did you contact at corporate and what was the procedure? Do you think they will actually replace the. Ar for this? I am extremely pissed that my 70k car is now "tainted" with water

I called the Customer Service line at 1-800-458-8006 and they opened up a file. Yes, I fee the same way in regards to the 'tainted' $70k car (in my case it is a $68k car). I'm not sure they will offer to replace the car at my request but it seems like the right thing to do. If they dont replace the car they will be hearing from my attorney and I will not pick the car up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.